NEurope
Helmsly

Nintendo Direct 14th of January

Are the use getting the zelda Xl , I hope not it's time we got some revenge for their better limited edition skull kid :p

Where was Yoshi's Wooly World..? ::shrug:

Metroid Prime Trilogy for £8.99 is surely unmissable, though :hehe:

As for the New 3DS, I'm sure I'll be getting one eventually but the cover plates I want didn't make an appearence in this Direct, worryingly :eek:

i missed the first 20 minutes... please tell me all the Wii U stuff was at the start as all I've seen is 3DS.

Now I don't want to be pedantic, but having ranted about all the platformers, I've just watched a trailer for Monster Hunter followed by X Chronicles and they both look like exactly the same game.

Hmm so what actually happens to pre-installed games on a New 3DS XL when you transfer over from another 3DS or New 3DS?

Do you lose it or does it somehow remain on the system, I was hoping this wouldn't happen but that Majora's Mask New 3DS XL looks so tempting. ;_;

But I already have the awesome Ambassador Edition New 3DS, so I don't really need it but... so... shiny. :(

*sigh* I knew Nintendo would do something like this. :indeed:

#firstworldproblems

Also... I just thought, presumably it'll be the same case for the Monster Hunter limited XL as well.

i missed the first 20 minutes... please tell me all the Wii U stuff was at the start as all I've seen is 3DS.

Now I don't want to be pedantic, but having ranted about all the platformers, I've just watched a trailer for Monster Hunter followed by X Chronicles and they both look like exactly the same game.

They are SO different though. The gameplay is NOTHING alike, totally different!

F#ck, that Majora's Mask 3DS XL looks stunning.

Again, Wii U got shat on in this Direct.

I have the n3DS but man I want the MM XL version. If only there was a decent account system so I could play all my games on both n3ds.

Get used to lack of Wii U games.

Edited by liger05

My wallet...

Looks like Feb 13th is New 3DS, Majoras Mask collectors edition and Monster Hunter 4 for me. I'm used to an XL, but I want something more portable... plus those delicious faceplates are too good to be true.

I was worried the Majora New 3DS XL would be glorious and unmissable, but it's gold so that's an easy pass.

Regular New 3DS and that new Japan Majora faceplate is undeniably cooler than the gold edition.

Sigh people ask for gamecube and n64 VC releases, yet they come up with a better way to play wii games.

That's just mental. Although you won't hear me complaining about metroid prime trilogy for 9.99. ;)

New Fire emblem looked cool, although it's nothing groundbreaking and exciting. So many crappy looking games though, all that free to play, buy more lives stuff sounded really bad. Not even a decent majora's mask trailer?

Lots of things coming to (new) 3DS, but for the WiiU OWCH (once again).

Luckily splatoon looks as amazing as ever!

This Direct as far as Wii U is concerned has been barf. If you think Xenoblades models look ugly, what about Splatoon? It looks fugly.

Come to think of it, I don't think there's one game shown that had impressive graphics (not that graphics are everything, but it's true). The Wii U games looked like they'd been downgraded a bit to get them running well. The 3DS, on the other hand, is really, really showing its age now.

Overall, I thought it was quite an entertaining Direct, but one that tailed off. Nice to have a new Fire Emblem (Awakening was brilliant) and I'm looking forward to Majora's Mask, but that's about it for me.

Wii games on Wii U would be good if they were HD and more of them had supported the Classic Controller.

One thing that bothers me is that Nintendo has settled into a money-grabbing mode. Almost every announcement now is about DLC, amiibo or hardware revisions.

Sigh people ask for gamecube and n64 VC releases, yet they come up with a better way to play wii games.

That's just mental. Although you won't hear me complaining about metroid prime trilogy for 9.99. ;)

New Fire emblem looked cool, although it's nothing groundbreaking and exciting. So many crappy looking games though, all that free to play, buy more lives stuff sounded really bad. Not even a decent majora's mask trailer?

Lots of things coming to (new) 3DS, but for the WiiU OWCH (once again).

C'mon it is a joke that still we have no GC or N64 VC.

X, splatoon, project "Treasure", mario party 10, amiibo Toad for treasure tracker "hide and seek" mode. cross buy for a mario dk tipping stars on Wii U and 3ds. I think that's it.

Oh and improved Wii VC, basically you can now download select games and launch them direct from the Wii U menu without entering Wii mode. I'm really hoping at E3 they'll announce GC games.

Edited by Pestneb

X, splatoon, project "Treasure", mario party 10, amiibo Toad for treasure tracker "hide and seek" mode. cross buy for a mario dk tipping stars on Wii U and 3ds. I think that's it.

RIP Wii U. It seems 1st party software has gone the way of 3rd party software. Nintendo are just trying to milk the large 3DS install base and ride out this generation.

Do you wear glasses? If you don't you should consider wearing them from now on.

Splatoon is probably as good looking as I've seen it, certainly more appealing than previously :smile:

Most of the games on show today aren't really my cup of tea but with the New 3DS, Majora's Mask 3D, the need to still pick up Captain Toad: Treasure Trackers at some point and a significant backlog, there's plenty to keep me going in the run up to the next round of Mario Kart 8 DLC and the announcements of future games in the Wii U library for which I believe Metroid is likely.. eventually :heh:

Splatoon looks a lot more fleshed out, I'm looking forward to seeing more of it, X, aside from close up models, looks REALLY good, so long as the gameplay looks fun I think I'll be picking it up when it is released. The Toad treasure trackers... meh, tbh I can leave that, but love toad.. I might hold out for a captain toad amiibo :D

That treasure game they didn't show enough of it to get massively excited about it, but I am curious.

Mario party 10... well it's a mario party game.

Tipping stars.. depends on the price, if it's low enough I might go 50:50 on it.

I didn't pay attention to release dates though, there was nothing on mario maker, which tbh I did expect to hear a little bit about

Tipping stars.. depends on the price, if it's low enough I might go 50:50 on it..

Now there's an idea :heh:

If people were interested in only 1 version of the game, 2 people could pay half and half for Tipping Stars where one person takes the Wii U version and the other the download code for the 3DS version :smile:

It's certainly not a game I expect to be interested in but if I was to ever fancy it, I'm pretty certain I'd be in the 3DS camp!

As for the lack of WiiU games I don't think we need to worry too much. The first reason is do you remember what this time was like last year - exactly the same. The second is that, this close to the launch of the new 3DS we were clearly going to have a 3DS oriented one - to convince people that there will be games to play on the thing!

Surprised by the lack of love for codename steam. Made by Intelligent Systems and it looks to have an intriguing games workshop style mechanic. Although we would all love a new AW game I think the problem is that they have tweaked that formula to its max (the last game on the DS was very good, but very similar to that which had gone before) and so they release Fire Emblems by updating the scenario and story and they have made a new game in codename steam.

Can someone fill me on on the Wii titles coming to the VC? Can they be played with the GamePad as a controller?

Can someone fill me on on the Wii titles coming to the VC? Can they be played with the GamePad as a controller?

From the sounds of it, the GamePad buttons works like a Classic Controller. So they won't do anything in Mario or Metroid Prime Trilogy (I would have gladly repurchased that for dual analogue controls).

If the game supported the WiiU VC then yes otherwise no.

I think you can also point the Wiimote at the gamepad screen for other games?

Well just watched it (avoided spoilers too)

megatons! for me anyway

Fire Emblem YES

Splatoon looked awesome (and released far sooner than i expected)

Xenoblade X looked awesome

In fact a lot of it was pretty darn awesome for the 3DS, and the unexpected bombshell of Wii VC (for want of a better name) was a very nice surprise

am i forgetting something

oh

CALLED IT where in the hell can i pre-order that sexy sexy majora's mask 3ds XL?! i noticed the faceplates for the new 3ds during the intial info on the new 3ds and they looked awesome and at that point i lost hope and thought i'd get something else, maybe even that monster hunter crap xl....but then oh man i went as hard as diamonds!

where can i pre-order? i keep refreshing the nintendo site and its not there