NEurope
Helmsly

Nintendo Direct 14th of January

You... You mean Japan, right?

Because if so, you know full well what I meant.

Yeah :p But it is to be in the Iwata part of the Direct, so... technically it's a Spring game shown in the Direct.

My hopes for Advance Wars have died, so I hope for a 2D Metroid.

NO!!! NEVER GIVE UP HOPE!!!! It will come!

As for Animal Crossing, I don't care most have been on a console, it's a handheld title, it's more handheld relevant than pokemon!!! :)

I hated the Wii version after Wild World, not having the portability, the same thing over and over. New Leaf was amazing, but it still got stale quickly. They will blatantly release one very soon (it was in my predictions), but they need to overhaul it for a home console!!!

The handheld versions have all sold ridiculously better than the console versions

Animal Crossing (GCN): 2.32 million

Animal Crossing DS: 11.73 million

Animal Crossing: Let's Go to the City (Wii): 3.38 million

Animal Crossing New Leaf: 7.66 million (As of March 2014)

3DS: 8 million from 45 million install base (18%)

Gamecube: 2.3 million from 22 million (10%)

DS: 11.7 million from 154 million (8%)

Wii: 3.4 million from 101 million (3%)

The Wii one was easily the worst selling. Nearly a 20% attach rate on the 3DS is remarkable. What a huge success New Leaf is.

I just had a thought... if and when Animal Crossing does come out for the Wii U Nintendo would have a chance to really go all out with it, really it's a game which could have been nicely integrated into the system itself.

Remember how in the GC version you could find NES games and play them from within the game? What is in the new version you could either play Demo's of N64 or GC games... better still they could let you play your whole VC library from within the game - though it might get complicated - but just imagine picking up a game from your virtual shelf, then playing it on your in-game Virtual Console of choice. Messages from friends or notifications could go to your in-game mail box or your character could be carrying around a virtual, portable communication device for things like that plus new functionality; photography perhaps borrowing some mechanics from Pokémon Snap...

Then you have the online which could be expanded greatly, I know it's all conjecture but there are a lot of mini-games from Nintendo's extensive library - even full games - which would lend themselves well to multiplayer within the AC universe, you could even have a variation on Minecraft within the game or countless other possibilities, oh and of course online voicechat...

...via Wii U Speak. ;)

That's where it would all fall down unfortunately, but alas we can always dream right? : peace:

Wii Speak...*shudders*

That thing was an epic failure.

But that's the best part, all Nintendo would need to do is purge its probably still existing supply of unsold Wii Speak peripherals onto the marketplace once again with the only alteration being a large 'U' crudely drawn onto the box and the device itself in permanent, light-blue marker pen! :laughing:

[/Cynicism]*

*Not sure if I'm being half-serious though... :p

I just had a thought... if and when Animal Crossing does come out for the Wii U Nintendo would have a chance to really go all out with it, really it's a game which could have been nicely integrated into the system itself.

Remember how in the GC version you could find NES games and play them from within the game? What is in the new version you could either play Demo's of N64 or GC games... better still they could let you play your whole VC library from within the game - though it might get complicated - but just imagine picking up a game from your virtual shelf, then playing it on your in-game Virtual Console of choice. Messages from friends or notifications could go to your in-game mail box or your character could be carrying around a virtual, portable communication device for things like that plus new functionality; photography perhaps borrowing some mechanics from Pokémon Snap...

Then you have the online which could be expanded greatly, I know it's all conjecture but there are a lot of mini-games from Nintendo's extensive library - even full games - which would lend themselves well to multiplayer within the AC universe, you could even have a variation on Minecraft within the game or countless other possibilities, oh and of course online voicechat...

...via Wii U Speak. ;)

That's where it would all fall down unfortunately, but alas we can always dream right? : peace:

Dude.. that is somewhat relatable to a post I made a few days ago : peace:

I'm sure I posted about this before but I reckon an interesting idea would be to build a world into the next Nintendo console that basically acts as a hub area for a multitude of games.

For instance, if they decided to build a large Mario play area into the console that you could do your normal platforming and adventuring in with areas locked away that would eventually become unlocked once new games were released and purchased.

There may be tennis courts, golf courses and go-karting areas that you would be able to access when you buy the appropriate Mario games when they're released. The sections in the hub world could act as a demo for each game that you would perhaps get Power Stars for competing in but there's be an entire game underneath if you buy it.

If all these games were downloaded on the system, there's be a massive seamless world that could you access all these games from. A 3D Mario World, Mario Kart, Mario Golf, Mario Tennis, Mario Football etc all linked together could be special :heh: Nintendo could easily advertise to consumers when new areas or activities are available too :hehe:

Likewise, if they went with something like Wu-Hu Island as a hub instead, you could freely explore it and pay to unlock areas like the tennis courts or jet-ski racing either via day passes or unlocking them forever. You'd only have to pay for the sections you want to visit. There's even be planes and hang gliders to help get around and enter Pilotwings-style challenges. The seasons would also changed based on the internal clock, altering the scenery and perhaps sme of the challenges available.

It'd be great to meet up with your friends on Wu-Hu Island and seamlessly head off to do activities together, whilst being able to communicate with voice chat and never having to switch out game discs or anything..

I think it largely boils down to a desire to have games you have downloaded onto your system be connected by a hub world in which you can meet your friends easily, chat to them and arrange which things you want to play and share together :hehe:

Everything would be seemlessly connected, allowing users to switch between games and the hub world without ever having to change discs, whilst also having a large area to explore together and muck about in while you chat, one that you could personalise together!

This is next-gen, people :heh:

I agree that past Animal Crossing sequels have been VERY safe with liberties, sticking maybe a bit too close to the original. New Leaf did it best, but it's still not filled with groundbreaking new concent. The only really innovative thing being able to organise/ decorate the town. I do however enjoy the handheld games far more.

There is however plenty of potential left! If they go all out with the design of this game, and integrate internet communications really well, this could easily become one of the most innovative Animal Crossing games. If it is however another quick and easy port of new leaf with better graphics and some lame gimmicks, I will be very dissapointed :)

I do hope they announce a release date for splatoon too, I haven't been so excited for a new game in a really long time!

You know, I completely forgot SMT x Fire Emblem was a thing... again, until I saw this GIF on GAF.

112954_original.gif

New 3DS launching next month along with Majora's Mask 3D. £180 for the standard model and £220-£240 for the XL.

Amiibo support and DLC for Captain Toad revealed. Extra stages based on other characters, similar to the Sonic Lost World DLC maybe?

Yoshi's Woolly World releasing February in Europe, and May for rest of the world.

SNES Remix trailer, no release date but coming soon. NES Remix 1 + 2 retail bundle for Europe maybe?

Mario Maker final trailer - worldwide launch in March.

A only on 'New 3DS' game shown. It's a racing game or platformer.

Shantae and the Pirate's Curse released on the eShop after the Direct.

I hope not. £220-£240 is too high. £199 has to be the max.

5B5zfwM.jpg

Real? Fake? I guess tomorrow will reveal the answer.

Personally I hope it is fake. I can't deal with MH and MM launching at the same time.

5B5zfwM.jpg

Real? Fake? I guess tomorrow will reveal the answer.

Personally I hope it is fake. I can't deal with MH and MM launching at the same time.

Before people freak out. Someone needs to point out that if this is real, it's a Gamestop thing, so it's American. Oh wait, I just did.

If it's fake, it's a good fake. Although, "Have you seen it?" sounds so silly.

Before people freak out. Someone needs to point out that if this is real, it's a Gamestop thing, so it's American. Oh wait, I just did.

If it's fake, it's a good fake. Although, "Have you seen it?" sounds so silly.

Ah, it's American. Was annoyed we had to wait until Smarch for it

The 13th is a Friday which is unusual for a US release, unless the date means something.

I say the poster is real and it falls in line with the much touted rumoured release date.

The 13th is a Friday which is unusual for a US release, unless the date means something.

Could be a simultaneous EU/US release... Then it would make sense...

Friday 13th? That's tempting fate we might all meet a terrible fate

No we're alright. Tomorrow is Wednesday the 13th. ;) If you're worried, buy it on the 14th. : peace:

Dunno if I will be able to watch it live. I may just work through when I normally have my lunch and have a later one at 13:45. It will give me time to drive to the shops, get some food and then get back in time for the Direct. If not then I'm gonna have to somehow stay away from Gaf and here for a couple of hours, until I get home and can watch it.

Will be streaming this at work ^^. Looking forward to seeing what's in store now, but I'm not expecting much (because then I will get SUPER excited if there's big news! :D)