NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
jayseven

Payday 2

Ok so I tried to find a thread but all i found was a thread with one reply in 2012 for the first game.

First; anyone play? PM me!

So!

Payday 2 is an online multiplayer heisting game. FPS with skilltrees and perks and levelling up. There are TWO main forms of heists; stealth and loud.

There are about... 35 missions to choose from which have various objectives. Stealthing is HARD but REWARDING. If you enjoy dishonored's stealthing (sans super powers) or love hitman then you will find creeping into a warehouse and stealing 20 bags of loot (servers, coke, money, weapons, paintings...) without being spotted to be an absolute blast.

If you enjoy Left 4 Dead, with its waves of regular and special enemy then you'll enjoy combatting the cops and swat in Payday 2.

Just like L4D's 'director' the levels are very dynamic. items spawn in different places - objectives are in different places. Guard spawns and routes are different and unpredictable. Loot can be in different places, and the enemy waves are randomised - as are the special enemy spawns. No heist played twice is the same.

The best part is that the game (on PC especially) is frequently updated with new DLC content - both paid and free. You can play any heist - even ones you haven't paid for - by joining that heist's lobby from the heist select screen.

I'm really just looking for people to play with -- if you have a copy on PC then please PM me your steam name - I play pretty much every day.

If you don't have a copy but would be interested then let me know - I may have a gift for you :P

Oh, and the music is awesome.

Quick STEALTH video of the quickest stealth heist. You will be chuffed when you do this successfully either as a team or - real challenge - by yourself;

And next is a video of when a stealth goes loud - alarm goes and the cops will arrive shortly;

(see 2:55 for the beat break - yum!)

(inb4 "i hate this music" comments. You can customise if you must)

My biggest complaint with the game is that there is no decent introductory tutorial at all. There are game mechanics that you have to just figure out (unless you play with me - I would be happy to advise!). Luckily the community is really good - anyone who plays the game a lot will much prefer new players to ASK QUESTIONS rather than just stay silent and fuck shit up.

By biggest compliment is that I only started playing just before halloween and I have seen five new heists added, three new characters, a new skill tree -- all of which you can play for free (to an extent), as well as numerous other DLCs and updates/alterations which are free and cost money. There's also two heists to come shortly which everyone in the community is psyched about.

This video shows the GO Bank heist - a nod to a CS:GO map. Shows you some of the madness that happens when things go loud;

And lastly here is a rundown of some of the game mechanics - may be video overload but I don't expect anyone to have watched the above. There have been some mechanical updates on PC but worth checking out as it's a great introductory video (which I found after I wrote this post so hat-tip at the references in the vid I mentioned);

So once again - if you have the game then come play with me! If you don't but are interested then give me a shout as well!

[edit] And just to say this is one of the top 10 most played games on Steam every week. Vibrant community even 2 years after it first came out, and with two more years of promised content. Check it out.

Edited by jayseven

I've thought about trying this but I heard mixed things at launch. If they've switched things up though I'll keep it in mind next sale.

Love it. Got it on Steam and own all DLC apart from the latest one which I'll pick up soon. It's one of the most heavily updated games on Steam, perhaps even on Valve levels of support.

Any PS4 owners for this? Frag convinced myself and Marcamillian to get it for the tenner in the sale. Tried for the first time last night - doesn't do much explaining and whilst our first job(a jewellery store) was really quite a shambles we still managed to finish it ok with a decent amount of monies. Took many more attempts at our next few jobs though - Payday is HARD! Interesting idea though and seems kinda fun so far - mostly just for the fact you're just given the objectives and have to figure your way out(and avoid shooting your gun on a stealth mission, or falling off the stairs and breaking your legs, if you're Marc).

Sign in to follow this