NEurope
nekunando

Your 2015 Gaming Diary

OlliOlli_logo_255x255.png

I completed all of the 'Pro' objectives in OlliOlli on 3DS the other night so am considering the game to be clear :grin: 'Rad' mode just doesn't count :heh:

You must have JavaScript enabled on your device to view Miiverse posts that have been embedded in a website. View post in Miiverse

Yeah, I didn't get all the Chaos Emeralds. What are you gonna do about it?

So I played through 3D Sonic the Hedgehog 2. Just like everyone else here.

Some quick thoughts on the game.

• I like Sonic 2 better than Sonic 1 but I prefer Sonic 3 & Knuckles.
  • Sonic 2 really punishes you for going too fast, which kinda dampens the fun. All the Sonic Mega Drive games suffer from this, but Sonic 2 is the worst offender.
  • Eff Wind Fortress Zone.
  • The Special Stages are still loads of fun, even though I never could ace the last one.
  • The Boss music is still insanely catchy. Most of the music is pretty damn good though. (Except for a few oddities)
  • The game does start to get a bit lamer at Hill Top Zone, but gets better at Metropolis.
  • Well, until Wind Fortress Zone. Eff Wind Fortress Zone.
  • Multiplayer is still loads of fun.
  • EFF WIND FORTRESS ZONE!

Anyway, M2 added a few new features other than the fantastic 3D. (Special stages have never looked so good!)

You don't have to enter a cheat code to access the Stage Select if you want. It's an option on the Main Menu now. Sure, you could use it to cheat, but I wouldn't do that. Unless I was just messing around. Or if I got a Game Over, because screw going back to the beginning of the game. (Wind Fortress came very close to making me do that. Sonic 1's Labyrinth Zone is more fun than this atrocity! And that's terrible!)

There's also a mode called "Ring Keeper Mode" that gives you 10 rings at the start and makes you only lose half of what you're carrying when you get hit.

I can understand why this was put in, but it does make the majority of the game a cakewalk. I can imagine the final boss being a lot more manageable because you actually have rings!

And once you finish the game, you get a neat little mode called "Super Sonic Mode" which gives you 50 rings at the start of each level and acts like you've gotten all the Chaos Emeralds. Letting you effectively play through the entire game as Super Sonic. Although all that speed might end up killing you more than the enemies do.

Naturally, the first thing I had to do was see if I could catch Robotnik during the final boss section...

You must have JavaScript enabled on your device to view Miiverse posts that have been embedded in a website. View post in Miiverse

You can't...

And with that...

Lufia: The Legend Returns - GBC

Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker - WiiU (Not 100%)

Demon's Crest - SNES (Not 100%)

The World Ends With You - DS

Gunman Clive - 3DS

Gunman Clive 2 - 3DS

Shantae and the Pirate's Curse - 3DS

The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D - 3DS

Dedede's Drum Dash Deluxe - 3DS

Banjo-Tooie - N64

Metroid Zero Mission - GBA (Not 100%)

Child of Light - Wii U (Single Character challenge)

Super Smash Bros - 3DS (Everything, baby!)

Super Mario World - SNES

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate - 3DS (Credits seen)

Super Mario 64 - N64 (120 stars)

Xenoblade Chronicles 3D - 3DS

Final Fantasy 8 - PS1

Tengami - WiiU

Earthbound Beginnings - NES

Puzzle & Dragons Z - 3DS

Puzzle & Dragons: Super Mario Bros. Edition - 3DS

Sin & Punishment: Successor of the Skies - Wii

Pokemon Blue - GB

Kirby Dream Land 2 - GB

Kirby's Fun Pak - SNES

Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards - N64

Kirby: Nightmare In Dream Land - GBA

Kirby and the Amazing Mirror - GBA

Kirby's Epic Yarn - Wii

Super Smash Bros. - Wii U (100%)

Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time - DS

The Last Story - Wii

Beat the Beat: Rhythm Paradise - Wii

Rhythm Paradise - DS

Shin Megami Tensei IV - 3DS

Super Mario Bros. - SNES (Super Mario All-Stars Version)

Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness - NGC

Super Mario Maker - WiiU

Shovel Knight: Plague of Shadows - 3DS

The Beginner's Guide - PC

Undertale - PC

3D Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - 3DS

Also, I know I said this before, but you guys need to play Undertale! Why haven't you done it yet!?

Edited by Glen-i

Also, I know I said this before, but you guys need to play Undertale! Why haven't you done it yet!?

I don't do PC gaming but it's certainly something i'm interested in buying, if it ever hits a console.

I don't do PC gaming but it's certainly something i'm interested in buying, if it ever hits a console.

Yeah, the chances of this game coming to console are almost zero.

It's got an... interesting way of working that wouldn't be allowed on a console. I won't say more because it ruins a lot about it. But I wouldn't get your hopes up.

Yeah, Glen-i's right. It relies on being a PC game (and all that comes with it) for some parts...

Still, it's a great game and absolutely deserves to be played! You can use a 360 controller just fine with it. If you love games like Earthbound, you'll love this one! :D

Yes, I got everything

I replayed Zelda: A Link Between Worlds. I'm sure everyone here knows of it.

When I played it almost 2 years ago, I just blasted through it because I may have borrowed it from DCubed.

But it's now only 16 quid, so I thought now would be a good time to 100% it.

While I really like the item rental system this game uses, it does mean that the majority of the dungeons are around the same difficulty. Which can't be helped really.

Despite that, it's a marvelous game. Very meaty and the dungeons are some of the best I've seen in a top-down Zelda.

And I'm not gonna lie, the twist at the end is genuinely surprising.

Princess Hilda (Alternate dimension version of Princess Zelda) wants your Triforce of Courage and she will happily kill you for it.

And with that...

Gunman Clive - 3DS

Gunman Clive 2 - 3DS

Banjo-Tooie - N64

Super Mario World - SNES

Final Fantasy 8 - PS1

Tengami - WiiU

Puzzle & Dragons Z - 3DS

Pokemon Blue - GB

Kirby Dream Land 2 - GB

Kirby's Fun Pak - SNES

Kirby's Epic Yarn - Wii

The Last Story - Wii

Rhythm Paradise - DS

Super Mario Maker - WiiU

Undertale - PC

The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds - 3DS (100%)

I should probably update my diary before I forget what I've played! :hehe:

First up in October was Uncharted: Drake's Fortune from the remastered collection on PS4. Really enjoyed this game, it definitely shows its age (despite being jazzed up for current gen) but that just added to its charm. Also very funny in places, something which I value immensely in video games, so it was a very enjoyable experience for me indeed. :)

Then I played Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer on 3DS. Was expecting to enjoy this seeing as it focuses on one of my favourite aspects of the AC series, and sure enough I did enjoy it. They've added some great features to the design process and it's just so streamlined compared to how it works in the mainline AC games. icon14.gif I really do hope we'll be seeing a lot of this stuff in the next full AC title.

Next was a replay of Konami Krazy Racers, but this time on the Wii U VC! Loved this game back in 2001, it's a great take on the SMK formula. And it still plays/sounds great today. It's just a shame it now also reminds me of how crappy Konami have become. :sad:

Meanwhile I was back to the Uncharted collection for Uncharted 2: Among Thieves.

Was so up for playing this game after the first one, and having heard so much praise for it, but it ended up being a huge disappointment. :(

While there's no doubt it's a stunning game (like, jaw droppingly beautiful :o) I became so frustrated with the gameplay that it was a struggle to even finish the game! My thoughts on this one can be found over in the main thread.

After that disappointment, it was suggested that I should take a break before jumping into Uncharted 3, so I did just that and played through Super Time Force Ultra on PS4.

This was a PS+ title last month that I only played very briefly and was not at all impressed with at the time. Just found it really confusing and a bit meh... :hmm:

Old me was a stupid idiot. :heh: This game is awesome! So glad I went back to it and took the time to work it out, as once you do it's incredibly good fun.

Being able to rewind time and spawn in additional characters at different intervals is an absolute genius gameplay mechanic. Meaning you can go back and save your earlier self from death, or team up with multiple instances of your gameplay to create ridiculously powerful combo attacks!

Add to this some really funny dialogue and loads of humorous references and you've got a brilliant game indeed.

The exclusive PS characters were cool too:

So that's everything that's been going on console gaming-wise, but I've also become hooked on a new iOS title too, and that title is... Soda Dungeon. :D

Essentially it's just the turn based battle element from an old school RPG but it's so Goddamn addictive it's unreal! :eek: I really don't understand why, but it just is.

Anyway, link is in the list below, so check it out as it's a free download and also very unobtrusive as far as ads are concerned. :awesome:

Beat:

in January:____________

Resogun (PS4) IDbttgi.gif100%

Shovel Knight (Wii U)

Alien: Isolation (PS4)

Kirby Triple Deluxe (3DS) started in 2014

LittleBigPlanet 3 (PS4)

Duck Tales: Remastered (PS3+)

Dark Souls II (PS3) started in 2014

The Swapper (PS4+)

in February:____________

InFAMOUS First Light (PS4+)

Apotheon (PS4+)

Fire Emblem Awakening (3DS) started in 2014

Yakuza 4 (PS3+)

in March:____________

Rogue Legacy (PS4+)

OlliOlli 2 (PS4+)

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate (3DS)

3D Out Run (3DS) 100%

Papo & Yo (PS3+)

Valiant Hearts: The Great War (PS4+)

Beat the Beat: Rhythm Paradise (Wii) replay

Mighty Switch Force! 2 (3DS)

in April:____________

BOXBOY! (3DS)

Catherine (PS3)

New Super Mario Bros. U (Wii U) started in 2014

Woah Dave! (PS4+)

Driveclub (PS4) IDbttgi.gif100%

Never Alone (PS4+) 100%

Yakuza: Dead Souls (PS3)

Mario Kart 8 (Wii U) replay/DLC pack 2 100%

in May:____________

Race the Sun (PS4+)

Hohokum (PS4+)

The Unfinished Swan (PS4+)

Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition (PS4+) IDbttgi.gifreplay/100%

Kirby and the Rainbow Paintbrush (Wii U)

Splatoon (Wii U)

in June:____________

Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes (PS4+)

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U replay/DLC

Batman: Arkham Knight (PS4)

Yoshi's Woolly World (Wii U)

in July:____________

God Hand (PS2)

Rocket League (PS4+)

Entwined (PS4+)

Journey (PS4) replay/100%

in August:____________

Max Payne 3 (PS3)

Sound Shapes (PS4+)

flOw (PS4+)

God of War: Ascension (PS3+)

Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris (PS4+)

in September:____________

Super Mario Maker (Wii U)

Hatsune Miku: Project Mirai DX (3DS)

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain (PS4)

in October:____________

MHbUwnT.gifUncharted: Drake's Fortune (PS4)

MHbUwnT.gifAnimal Crossing: Happy Home Designer (3DS)

MHbUwnT.gifKonami Krazy Racers (Wii U VC) replay/100%

MHbUwnT.gifUncharted 2: Among Thieves (PS4)

MHbUwnT.gifSuper Time Force Ultra (PS4+)

Total: 55

Unfinished:

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception (PS4)

SHREDD

Love Live! School Idol Festival

Smash Hit

REFLEC BEAT +

Turbo Dismount

Brickies

Nom Cat

Temple Run 2

Jetpack Joyride

Mighty Switch Force! Hose It Down!

Lara Croft: Relic Run

Human Cannonball

Groove Coaster 2

Does not Commute

Silly Sausage in Meat Land

Punch Quest

Soda Dungeon

Yeah, the chances of this game coming to console are almost zero.

It's got an... interesting way of working that wouldn't be allowed on a console. I won't say more because it ruins a lot about it. But I wouldn't get your hopes up.

Yeah, Glen-i's right. It relies on being a PC game (and all that comes with it) for some parts...

Still, it's a great game and absolutely deserves to be played! You can use a 360 controller just fine with it. If you love games like Earthbound, you'll love this one! :D

Really intrigued by this game, and looking forward to checking it out at some point. Just realised that I've not actually done any PC gaming this year yet! Undertale will probably be the first and only PC game I play in 2015.

TM_WiiUDS_ThomasWasAlone.jpg

I beat another Curve Digital release this week in the form of Thomas Was Alone, including Benjamin's Flight :smile:

I quite enjoyed it, though I did find myself growing a little tired of it towards the end of the main game. Thankfully, the extra content after the credits rolled freshened things up somewhat as I actually found my interest dwindle as soon as the grey blocks started appearing :blank:

Overall, it was a good game but I'm glad I got it for the reduced price in the sale a couple of weeks ago :heh:

Really intrigued by this game, and looking forward to checking it out at some point. Just realised that I've not actually done any PC gaming this year yet! Undertale will probably be the first and only PC game I play in 2015.

Oh you'll absolutely love it! Just stay the hell away from anything about the game online. Don't let a single thing get spoilt for you!! Trust me!

Completed the final episode of Life is Strange this morning

lifeisstrange.jpg

It was such a great game overall and im really glad I played it. Story and characters have been the most important thing for me in games for the last few years and this game did an amazing job with both. You really came to love/hate certain characters but it definitely left room for shifting opinions on people when you found out new information. All the time travel stuff was fun but it almost felt secondary to the rest of the world and characters they built. I would probably enjoy this game just as much if it was a simple game where I walked around the School and talked to Max's friends etc.

As I said, the time travel stuff was fun but it also left you with a strong sense of "did I just make the right choice?". Being able to go back and do things differently almost made things harder as a lot of the time you never seemed to have a brilliant choice, and as the prompts kept telling me, these things will always have consequences!

I'll be interested to see if there is a season 2. If there is though I would prefer it to be a whole new location with new characters. They did a nice job at finishing this story and I dont need it to be dragged out.

The Order 1886

Mortal Kombat X

The Witcher 3

You Must Build a Boat

Batman: Arkham Knight

God of War III: Remastered

Everybody's Gone to the Rapture

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

Life is Strange

Edited by Happenstance

My wife went to bed early the other night, so i settled down to play Bioshock Infinite. I'm almost at the end (as far as i can tell), but it's got to the point where it is a bit of a chore playing it. I just can't be bothered to finish it. I seem to have reached a level in some sort of insane asylum, and after dying for the third time i gave up; i wasn't enjoying it and i was only playing it to say i've completed it.

So i switched to South Park and the Stick of Truth. I'm enjoying this a lot more! I can actually play it because i want to, rather than feeling like i should. It's actually quite tricky in places, but when you finally beat a strong levelled enemy it feels really good to have figured out a strategy. Plus i'm really digging the humour!

Borderlands: The Pre-sequel

UC3_GOTYEdition_Cover.jpg

I put the finishing touches to Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception on PS3 this afternoon and, to be honest, it was good but.. nothing more :blank:

The latter stages of the game completely neglect the puzzle elements in favour of the repetitive shooting sections. The main problem with these sections, though, is not something I can aim directly at this game specifically.. the aiming :hmm:

Trying to be quick and precise with the right analogue stick is a nightmare and I constantly feel like I was fighting against it with countless bullets wasted with near misses. However, there were also times when I was nearing death and trying to roll away from enemies whilst others were shooting at me but ended up getting caught up in close-quarters combat and just couldn't get away. Frustrating :(

I don't want to be too downbeat as I did enjoy it, mostly, and there's plenty to like but I feel like the story, locations and visuals somewhat mask several deficiences. Even the ending had no real impact on me as it felt a little rushed and lacking.

I'm interested in returning to Tomb Raider soon to see how that compares. I can't remember exactly how far I am through it.. ::shrug:

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

I thought that this game started off excellently and it kept me gripped throughout. Overall, I think it's a much better game and experience compared to the first. There's more variation in the environments, yet it doesn't feel like they paid less attention to each area. I thought Borneo was stunning to look at, but my favourite levels were probably any areas close to the mountains.

Stunning game. I'd rate it higher than the first. Mainly because of the set pieces. The only criticism I have is that it can sometimes get a bit annoying during the gun-fights when you're surrounded by lots of enemies. Tempted to play the next game on easy because I'm really in it just for the story and experience. I think the flaws that existed in the first game are similar in this one. The boss fight at the end isn't great and I didn't enjoy it in the first.

Glad I played it and looking forward to the third game, which I guess I'll start next!

Games of 2015

Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor - Finished and Platinumed

Transistor - Finished

The Walking Dead Season One - Finished and Platinumed

inFAMOUS Second Son - good ending completed

Watchdogs - started in 2014, finally finished main story

The Walking Dead Season Two - Finished

The Order 1886 - Finished

BLOODBORNE - Finished

Never Alone - Finished

Hohokum - Finished

The Witcher 3 - Story (and many other quests!) completed

Journey - Finished

FlOw - Finished

Batman: Arkham Knight - Main story completed. Can't be arsed collecting all of the Riddler trophies

Everybody's Gone To The Rapture - Finished

Entwined - Finished

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune - Finished

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves - Finished

I finished Zelda: Triforce Heroes (3DS) the other day.

Hands down the worst Zelda game i've played. Yeah, it's a spin-off but so was Four Swords Adventures, which still felt like a proper game.

The problem with is the online setup and for a game that relies on players hooking up with each other, Nintendo have once again shown their incompetence when dealing with online gaming.

The game has 8 main areas, in each of these areas there are 4 stages and within each of these stages are 4 challenges. You can only search for the main dungeon and after that each of the players decide what they want to do next. This makes trying to do a specific stage or challenge completely random. I can't tell you how much time I wasted trying to get a stage that I needed doing.

There is no voice chat in the game ( surprise, surprise ) which is fine if you are with a decent team. However, if you're stuck with a bunch of people who haven't got a clue how to play a Zelda game then you are just left spamming emoticons in the hope that they understand what you are trying to say.

If you do end up playing with a good team then there is no way to add them to your friends list of even contact them in any way. Not only that, but say you finish the first set of dungeons and want to move on to the next set, well you can't without quitting the lobby and searching for a new one. This means that the good team that you spent ages finding is lost. When playing with friends this doesn't happen but for some reason they thought it was a good idea to do this when playing with randoms.

The single player is an absolute drag and a very boring affair. It feels like it was just slapped in to keep people happy.

I was going to continue play the game and collect the costumes but I don't think I will bother. There's not enough people on here that play it regular enough and I spent a lot of time yesterday trying to play with randoms and got very little done.

I finished a nice little game called Home (Vita) yesterday. It is part of the Halloween sale on PSN and was only a couple of quid. I checked the reviews before buying it and they seemed very positive.

It's a very basic adventure game and is very dark. It deals with things like murder and suicide and the way the game is presented really help this dark setting come across. You are just essentially making your way home but are trying to piece together what event has gone on, as you make your way back to your house.

I continued to play through Assassins Creed: Syndicate (PS4). Loving what i've played so far and look forward to continuing my adventures in London.

I also have Halo 5 (Xbox One) waiting to be played. Shopto shipped this super early and it actually arrived on Saturday. I have yet to start it though and will not likely do so until I have finished Creed.

After to-ing and fro-ing between several games over the last couple of weeks since I finished The Witcher 3, I finally sat down and put the time in to finish Tearaway Unfolded on the PS4.

I quite enjoyed the game, loved the paper aesthetic and the way that for the most part, the game makes use of it to good effect for exploring the environments. Definitely a nice change of pace from the typical platformer style games, and especially liked using the wind machine thing for blowing banners in certain directions to make platforms. Also, flying on the paper airplane was cool :grin:

Did feel like my interest waned a little towards the end though, especially with that last story. While it was good that they kept throwing new things your way right to the end, I did find some of the elements in that final story to be irritating, mainly the sections requiring motion control for moving the platforms and such.

Overall though, I enjoyed it. Some tightening of bits here and there in a sequel would make for an even better game though so I'm actually hoping we'll get one.

Thomas Was Alone + Benjamin’s Flight DLC

Never Alone + FoxTales DLC

The Unfinished Swan

Transistor

Rayman Legends

White Night

Toren

Broken Age

Hohokum

Pneuma: Breath of Life

Journey

Sound Shapes

The Vanishing of Ethan Carter

Everybody’s Gone To The Rapture

Limbo

Tembo the Badass Elephant

Qube: Director’s Cut

Infamous: Second Son

Valiant Hearts

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Tearaway Unfolded

Next up, making swift progress on The Talos Principle, still plugging away at Mad Max though I think I'm going to stop trying to get the 100% completion as it is dragging things out significantly and have the final episode of Life Is Strange to play (I'm saving that for this coming Friday and Saturday so I can do it in one).

Uncharted 3 is done:

Finished Uncharted 3 last night.

Sure enough it did eventually suffer from the same kind of issues I had with Uncharted 2, plus quite possibly some of the worst difficulty spikes I've ever encountered in a video game! :o Seriously, chapters 12-15... What in the hell? :heh: Did they playtest this thing? ::shrug:

Even so, I still preferred it to Uncharted 2 overall, and would have enjoyed it more than the first game, if it hadn't of got ridiculous with the difficulty from chapter 12 onward.

So yeah, I'd probably rate the games like so, 1 > 3 > 2. But it's real close between 1 and 3.

As for the Chloe vs Elena debate :hehe: that was also close in Uncharted 2, but in 3... well, Chloe looks like she's had a botched face-lift, so yeah, Elena all the way. :laughing:

Anyway, my faith in Uncharted 4 is kinda restored, but I still have the suspicion that it could end up with similar issues. :hmm:

If I've picked up on one thing about Naughty Dog after my time with The Last of Us, and the Uncharted games, it's that while they're incredibly talented when it comes to presentation, they're severely lacking in some fundamental areas of game design. And while Zazz is cool and all, I'd much rather play a game that was also well designed and fun to play from start to finish.

I do like how they at least seem to recognise their faults and make fun of them in-game though :grin::

XdiA2WA.jpg

To end this post, a couple of GIFs from my gameplay on Uncharted 3. The first one is an epic moment, the second is also pretty epic, but for very different reasons. :D

Gotta love the PS4's share button. :awesome:

Oh and a couple of funny pics I snapped:

Pretty sure everyone does this, but there you go :p

FI7ZSeT.jpg

Shame the enemies reaction to this move wasn't realistic. It could've done wonders for adding some much needed balance to the gameplay! ;)gOWj6wq.jpg

Beat:

Shovel Knight (Wii U)

LittleBigPlanet 3 (PS4)

The Swapper (PS4+)

Apotheon (PS4+)

Yakuza 4 (PS3+)

Rogue Legacy (PS4+)

OlliOlli 2 (PS4+)

3D Out Run (3DS) 100%

Papo & Yo (PS3+)

BOXBOY! (3DS)

Catherine (PS3)

Woah Dave! (PS4+)

Never Alone (PS4+) 100%

Race the Sun (PS4+)

Hohokum (PS4+)

Splatoon (Wii U)

God Hand (PS2)

Rocket League (PS4+)

Entwined (PS4+)

Max Payne 3 (PS3)

Sound Shapes (PS4+)

flOw (PS4+)

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune (PS4)

Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer (3DS)

Konami Krazy Racers (Wii U VC) replay/100%

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves (PS4)

Super Time Force Ultra (PS4+)

MHbUwnT.gifUncharted 3: Drake's Deception (PS4)

Total: 56

Unfinished:

The Legend of Zelda: Tri Force Heroes (3DS)

SHREDD

My word, the timing on those flaming explosions! Times perfectly with the kick as well! Great way to start the day! Thanks for that!

My word, the timing on those flaming explosions! Times perfectly with the kick as well! Great way to start the day! Thanks for that!
Yeah, and while those explosions are indeed scripted, it's pure coincidence that my attacks ended up perfectly timed to them! :awesome:

Anyway, glad you enjoyed it. :)

After to-ing and fro-ing between several games over the last couple of weeks since I finished The Witcher 3, I finally sat down and put the time in to finish Tearaway Unfolded on the PS4.

I quite enjoyed the game, loved the paper aesthetic and the way that for the most part, the game makes use of it to good effect for exploring the environments. Definitely a nice change of pace from the typical platformer style games, and especially liked using the wind machine thing for blowing banners in certain directions to make platforms. Also, flying on the paper airplane was cool :grin:

Did feel like my interest waned a little towards the end though, especially with that last story. While it was good that they kept throwing new things your way right to the end, I did find some of the elements in that final story to be irritating, mainly the sections requiring motion control for moving the platforms and such.

Overall though, I enjoyed it. Some tightening of bits here and there in a sequel would make for an even better game though so I'm actually hoping we'll get one.

I need to get back to this. I started it when it first came out but I read there were a fair few bugs and glitches in the game, some of which hampered your progression. I put it on the shelf until some patches were released.

Did you manage to get through it without any glitchy experiences?

I need to get back to this. I started it when it first came out but I read there were a fair few bugs and glitches in the game, some of which hampered your progression. I put it on the shelf until some patches were released.

Did you manage to get through it without any glitchy experiences?

Yeah, my playthrough was pretty smooth, bar having to deal with a dodgy camera. Think there's been a few updates, the latest being the other week, but guess I was lucky off the bat that I didn't encounter any problems. So yeah, think you should be fine going back to it.

I finished The Legend of Zelda: Tri Force Heroes the other day.

Hero-of-Time has already voiced his disdain for it. But personally, I think he's being a little bit harsh.

Yes, the online infrastructure for playing with random people is awkward, (That's putting it kindly) and there'll inevitably be some moments when you realise just how useless some Zelda players can be.

The single player is quite tacked on. (Although I have noticed that some bosses behave differently in single player, which is nice)

But there's a very easy way to remedy these problems. But I'll talk about that later.

The game is obviously a spin-off, focusing on multiplayer co-op, a bit like the Four Swords games, but without the competitive aspect.

Tri Force Heroes takes place in Hytopia, a fashion-obsessed kingdom where style is everything.

Princess Styla, Princess of Hytopia, receives a very suspect package one day, but opens it anyway because the wrapping is just so gosh darn pretty!

But OH NOES! The package contains a curse. A curse that is so heinous, so unbelievably evil, that you couldn't possibly imagine it yourself!

triforcezeldavoice_610.jpg

IT FORCES HER TO WEAR A ONESIE! OH! THE SHAME!

Naturally, this puts the whole town in turmoil, as no-one wants to be fashionable for fear of meeting a similar fate.

Enter some kid who looks a lot like Link to save the day. But he can't do it alone, he must team up with other kids who look a lot like Link (But aren't actually called Link, because seriously, who chooses the name Link for a multiplayer focused game? What's wrong with you?) to save the kingdom.

Kid who looks like Link must use co-operation, items and the power of fashion to save Hytopia and make obsessive style the only thing that matters again.

As you might have guessed, this game has a silly story. And that really sets the tone well. You're not gonna see any dark tribes, any evil abominations or any godly powers here.

You're fighting an old woman who actually has a very nice outfit! And that outfit is the key to lifting the curse.

Yes, Kid who looks a lot like Link has to dress up as a fashionable old lady in order to break the curse of the onesie. And that's hilarious.

The game is split up into 8 different areas, each having 4 dungeons to tackle. You're only equipped with a sword and whatever item the level provides. The puzzles all center around teamwork and some of them get quite elaborate. And there were quite a few which left me scratching my head for a bit. It's definitely tougher than your average Zelda.

This however means that there's a good chance that you'll be lumbered with a random person who just can't figure out what to do. But to be fair, that's inevitable.

There's no voice chat in this game, which understandably annoys some people. But I would have hated to have someone telling me the exact solutions to every puzzle before I got a chance to try it myself. So I'm not too bothered about it.

I feel in a good team, the emoticons provided do an excellent job in getting your point across.

Or for just being a sarky twod when someone else cops it!

Of course, fashion plays a large role in this as you can dress Kid who looks like Link up in all sorts of outfits by getting the right materials and paying a designer to make them for you. There are 36 in total, (Although I believe there's a good chance we'll be seeing more as DLC some time in the future) each one providing a different effect, from upgrading secondary items, finding hearts easier or preventing damage from falling down holes, there's an outfit for every occasion!

Of course, that also means there's outfits that you probably shouldn't wear sometimes...

And yes, you saw that right, Kid who looks like Link is not averse to making himself the prettiest girl in Hytopia.

But anyway, earlier I said that there was an easy way to avoid the problems that playing with random people online causes.

Simply put, you play with friends.

Got no friends? Then you play with N-Europe!

The best moments I had playing this was when I got together with 2 other N-Europe peeps and tackled some of the dungeons.

Working together with two other good players with a similar goal is a great experience and naturally in all the chaos, someone will pull a blunder and it will be hilarious!

But there's also moments when the three players work like one well-oiled machine and look positively expert... Until someone accidentally chucks someone down a hole.

Which is a good thing really, because each stage also has 3 challenges for you to do, meaning that there's quite a bit of replay value to find.

These can range from speed-running a stage, dodging a Wallmaster or not falling into pits once! And are genuinely tricky, but satisfying!

Tri Force Heroes is an awkward game, but if you have access to online play, and people who are decent at Zelda, (Or us nutters in the Tri Force Heroes thread) you're in for a treat that will leave you smiling, especially when someone else pulls a faux pas!

If you don't have these things... Best just stay away really.

And with that...

Gunman Clive - 3DS

Gunman Clive 2 - 3DS

Banjo-Tooie - N64

Super Mario World - SNES

Final Fantasy 8 - PS1

Tengami - WiiU

Puzzle & Dragons Z - 3DS

Pokemon Blue - GB

Kirby Dream Land 2 - GB

Kirby's Fun Pak - SNES

Kirby's Epic Yarn - Wii

The Last Story - Wii

Rhythm Paradise - DS

Super Mario Maker - WiiU

Undertale - PC

The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds - 3DS (100%)

The Legend of Zelda: Tri Force Heroes - 3DS

Edited by Glen-i

I expressed an interest in returning to Tomb Raider upon clearing Uncharted 3 the other day and I did exactly that last night :smile:

I played a little bit more this morning and have just reached Shipwreck Beach. I'm not sure how far I am through it as I assume the percentage on the save slots refers to collectables in addition to progress through the main game.

It only took a few moments to get back to grips with Tomb Raider as it basically felt like I was still playing Uncharted. That feeling still hasn't gone away today but it's not necessarily a bad thing. I'm liking the game and, in some ways, may even prefer it to Uncharted but I'll see how I feel the further I progress :hehe:

Adding The Legend of Zelda: Tri Force Heroes to my list too.

Wasn't expecting to see the credits roll on this one yet, as I was just checking out the final stage in single player to familiarise myself with it, before either attempting to find some randoms or hooking up with N-E peeps to properly play through it.

But...

Anyway, my opinion of the game overall is certainly a positive one. It's got great humour to it (not to mention lots of cats, which is always a good thing :)) and when played under the right conditions it's a wonderful experience! icon14.gif Unfortunately, however, Nintendo have not made it easy to reach those conditions for anyone without the luxury of local multiplayer, and have in fact taken several steps back in terms of online functionality from some of their very own 3DS games! :wtf:

If this had the online features that were present in Animal Crossing: New Leaf, for example (being able to see when friends are online and message them in-game) it would have been so much better! I really don't understand why, for a game such as this, which needed that kind of setup more than anything, they didn't include it. :blank:

Here's hoping the NX has all of this standard communication stuff finally running at system level, so we won't be seeing other multiplayer games potentially hampered by these kinds of problems in the future.

Beat:

Shovel Knight (Wii U)

LittleBigPlanet 3 (PS4)

The Swapper (PS4+)

Apotheon (PS4+)

Yakuza 4 (PS3+)

Rogue Legacy (PS4+)

OlliOlli 2 (PS4+)

3D Out Run (3DS) 100%

Papo & Yo (PS3+)

BOXBOY! (3DS)

Catherine (PS3)

Woah Dave! (PS4+)

Never Alone (PS4+) 100%

Race the Sun (PS4+)

Hohokum (PS4+)

Splatoon (Wii U)

God Hand (PS2)

Rocket League (PS4+)

Entwined (PS4+)

Max Payne 3 (PS3)

Sound Shapes (PS4+)

flOw (PS4+)

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune (PS4)

Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer (3DS)

Konami Krazy Racers (Wii U VC) replay/100%

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves (PS4)

Super Time Force Ultra (PS4+)

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception (PS4)

MHbUwnT.gifThe Legend of Zelda: Tri Force Heroes (3DS)

Total: 57

Unfinished:

-

SHREDD

White Night

I bought this on PSN as it was cheap thanks to the October/Halloween sale. I knew nothing about it aside from the fact that it looks stunning and seemed a bit different. It's very film-noir and I guess I wanted to play it for that reason.

I had a great time with this game and would definitely recommend it to others, particularly fans of the old style (TRUE) Resident Evil games. This game does a similar sort of thing with the fixed camera. It has a black and white aesthetic that runs all the way through, with the odd yellow/orange here and there when you light a fire or strike a match. It's very Sin City in terms of colour schemed and it's sorta like a reverse-MadWorld (that Wii game) in terms of how it looks.

You have a limited number of matches. 12, in this case. You can strike one to illuminate the room, but it will burn out eventually. If you run out of matches or you don't strike one, your character becomes a bit crazy (thanks to being able to see FUCK ALL) and you die. Luckily, there are other matches dotted around the place. It's very similar to how Resi used those type-writer cartridges in the past, or ammo.

It's very mysterious. Also, very slow at times, but deliberately so. It's not a flaw of the game. I'd rate this a 10/10 for atmosphere because there were times where it felt really tense and I was unsure about what would be around the next corner. There are some nice puzzles in this game, with quite a few of them requiring a decent amount of thinking.

It does have its flaws, though. There are occasions where you will die a lot (I won't say how, it may spoil the game) and it can feel a bit tedious or cheap when you do so. One or two of the puzzles are also a bit convoluted, but can eventually be overcome. Fans of Resident Evil will know that as cinematic as the fixed camera angle can be, it also can be obtrusive at times. It's similar here, but it works for the most part. Overall, what this game sets out to do outweighs its flaws and it's a game that you should all try out, particularly if you're into survival horror. There's an excellent story to be told within this. It does the film noir genre justice!

Games of 2015

Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor - Finished and Platinumed

Transistor - Finished

The Walking Dead Season One - Finished and Platinumed

inFAMOUS Second Son - good ending completed

Watchdogs - started in 2014, finally finished main story

The Walking Dead Season Two - Finished

The Order 1886 - Finished

BLOODBORNE - Finished

Never Alone - Finished

Hohokum - Finished

The Witcher 3 - Story (and many other quests!) completed

Journey - Finished

FlOw - Finished

Batman: Arkham Knight - Main story completed. Can't be arsed collecting all of the Riddler trophies

Everybody's Gone To The Rapture - Finished

Entwined - Finished

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune - Finished

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves - Finished

White Night - Finished

Another game to add to my completed list for the year and the first one on which I've managed to grab a Platinum trophy :yay:: Life Is Strange.

I've posted my thoughts at times for the earlier episodes in here and put my thoughts on the finale in the thread in the Other Consoles board so I'll keep this brief.

All I'll really say, and it's something that I've seen echoes around the net from a large number of people, is that it's a fantastic, emotional experience from start to finish.

I can't make comparisons to any of TellTales games as I've yet to play any but this one was just superb and really hit you at times. I will admit that I teared up slightly with the ending I got purely because while I know opinions differ on the characters, I loved them all. And I loved how all the little decisions throughout found a way to worm their way into aspects of the finale/ending.

Absolutely loved it from start to finish, really nothing else like it. Can't recommend it enough as it's well worth the plunge for some great character writing and one hell of an experience.

Thomas Was Alone + Benjamin’s Flight DLC

Never Alone + FoxTales DLC

The Unfinished Swan

Transistor

Rayman Legends

White Night

Toren

Broken Age

Hohokum

Pneuma: Breath of Life

Journey

Sound Shapes

The Vanishing of Ethan Carter

Everybody’s Gone To The Rapture

Limbo

Tembo the Badass Elephant

Qube: Director’s Cut

Infamous: Second Son

Valiant Hearts

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Tearaway Unfolded

Life Is Strange

Now trying to figure out how to move on from the game and what to play next. Several things on the go currently but very tempted to take the leap and start up one of the TellTales games as very much in the mood to keep it in the same style. Have the first season of The Walking Dead to playthrough but tempted to give Tales from the Borderlands a go as seeing and hearing a lot of good things there.