NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
RedShell

Release Dates

Wii U Has The Least Games Out Of All The Consoles Releasing Through Till March In Japan

This is bound to surprise quite a few of you as it seems that it’s Sony’s PlayStation Vita that has the most games coming out from now till March in Japan. The handheld is closely followed by the PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 3 which have 22 games due for release between now and March. The Wii U has the least games with only two scheduled for release which are Kirby and the Rainbow Curse and LEGO Marvel Super Heroes. The Xbox One and the Xbox 360 both have more games coming out between now and March. Here’s how many games are coming.

• Nintendo 3DS: 17
  • Wii U: 2
  • PSP: 6
  • PS Vita: 39
  • PS3: 22
  • PS4: 22
  • Xbox 360: 4
  • Xbox One: 8

http://mynintendonews.com/2015/01/10/wii-u-has-the-least-games-out-of-all-the-consoles-releasing-through-till-march-in-japan/

Updated the first post with the new info from today's ND, the schedule is looking a bit healthier now. :)

Let me know if I missed anything.

Right, so that's everything added (I think :hmm:) what's everyone's Q1 shopping list look like then?

So far the only stuff I'm pretty much guaranteed to get at launch is MH4U and Splatoon.

Really surprised we didn't get some more release dates for Wii U stuff, like Mario Maker and Kirby. :hmm:

I'd expect Mario Maker/Yoshi or Kirby would be out February. I'm also wondering if they'll drip out one Wii title each week.

Maybe Kirby out in February, Yoshi in April? Splatoon May, Mario Maker June? I'd prefer a surprise X release in April over Yoshi, spread out those platformers a bit.

January:

Metroid Prime Trilogy

February:

The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate

(Seriously who keeps approving 2 major titles releasing at the same time?)

March:

Theatrhythm Dragon Quest (JPN Import)

April:

Xenoblade Chronicles 3D

May:

Code Name S.T.E.A.M.

Pretty good line up for Q1 (for me).

Right, so that's everything added (I think :hmm:) what's everyone's Q1 shopping list look like then?

Majora's Mask, Axelay and Afterburner 2!

I'll be getting MM3D as the only game in Q1 and Q2, I believe. Nothing on the horizon that I find interesting but that's fine. It'll give me some time to get through the backlog - which is thinning nice and slowly now. :)

Metroid trilogy, possibly tipping stars and mario party 10, but that depends on what else is released... February seems to be missing a game and I'm still holding onto hope that something will get released!

I've got 13Gb/month to fill somehow and I'm determined to do it :D

Edited by Pestneb

Majora's Mask, Monster Hunter and Xenoblade 3D. And also New 3DS XL

Already quite expensive so far.

Inazuma Eleven GO: Chrono Stones Wildfire/Thunderflash 3DS 27/3

Cooking Mama: Bon Appetit! 3DS 6/3

Gardening Mama: Forest Friends 3DS 6/3

Source Nintendo UK twitter

Ace Combat Assault Horizon Legacy + for 3DS is now confirmed for 13th February by Bandai Namco, and will be available as a boxed release not just eshop.

So are NoE no longer doing the usual eShop PR? :blank:

Or perhaps this is just a one-off because they're releasing waaaay too much stuff this week. :heh:

Seems like Legend of Kay: Anniversary can also be added, as Nordic Games have confirmed it's coming.

Even the release date is confirmed, June 12th.

You can add Rodea: The Sky Soldier to the list now! :D (Autumn 2015 in US and EU)

http://nisamerica.com/games/rodea-the-sky-soldier/

An actual 3rd Party Wii U game that isn't garbage!? Wow! :o

I just hope that we get the original Wii game as well... They want to release it supposedly... (Digital only? I'd be more than ok with that!)

Seems like Legend of Kay: Anniversary can also be added, as Nordic Games have confirmed it's coming.

Even the release date is confirmed, June 12th.

Cheers guys, added those to the list. :)

That's all? And I thought I had a drought incoming for PS4....No confirmed releases for WiiU and 3DS interests me at all, from January to June.

Some release dates from GDC:

B_ROXOxVAAAQXuI.png

Probably American release dates. Great to see Trine: Enchanted Edition coming so soon. Also confirms release of Shantae: Risky's Revenge - Director's Cut. If it's real, that is.

Some release dates from GDC:

B_ROXOxVAAAQXuI.png

Probably American release dates. Great to see Trine: Enchanted Edition coming so soon. Also confirms release of Shantae: Risky's Revenge - Director's Cut. If it's real, that is.

They are American dates as this info came from an NOA press release.

That'd be good. I don't have an iPhone/iPad or any other of the devices it's on (I suppose I could get the Steam version, but I don't have a controller I could plug in).

Holy crap, just 8 games with confirmed release dates on the list currently, across Wii U and 3DS. :shakehead7 really, considering Inazuma Eleven is more or less the same game. :blank:

Nintendo, you need to be broadcasting a Direct ASAP!!

Holy crap, just 8 games with confirmed release dates on the list currently, across Wii U and 3DS. :shakehead7 really, considering Inazuma Eleven is more or less the same game. :blank:

Nintendo, you need to be broadcasting a Direct ASAP!!

Every man and his dog has the Direct pegged for next week.

Every man and his dog has the Direct pegged for next week.
Next week is too late dammit! :heh:

Here's hoping they have a final date for Splatoon at least. :hmm:

Here's a few for you @RedShell

Excave 3DS eshop 26 March

Adventure Bar Story 3DS eshop 26 March

Tabletop Gallery WiiU eshop 16 April

Elliot Quest Wii U eshop 16 April

Top Trumps Turbo 3DS 26 June

Trine: Enchanted Edition was supposed to release this month according to Nintendo so should presumably be out this week.

Lego Jurassic World (3DS/Wii U) is out in June, and Lego Marvel's Avengers later this year.

Sign in to follow this