NEurope
Beast

What Did You Get For Christmas 2014?

Got Bayonetta 1 + 2 pack, herself was disgusted when I found it in Argos for €51 after she already gave €45 for just Bayo 2 preowned in Gamestop, quick phonecall later and exchanged ;) Not suitable for playing in front of the small kids :heh:

Nice shaving soap and a stand for my safety razor and brush :santa:

Couple vouchers and treats, tasty chili covered peanuts!

Not a huge haul, but have 2 girls under 5 and they got a heap of stuff. Looking forward to when they're better able for consoles ;)

NO FECKING SOCKS. WHATS THAT ALL ABOUT?

Was your Christmas cancelled or something!?

IMG_20141226_144723.jpg

Otherwise it was mostly clothes, no gaming related stuff apart from a Sonic and a Pac Man t-shirt.

Christmas money will most likely be spent on Amiibos.

This years haul

A Dance with Dragons Part 1: Dreams and Dust

Lee Evans: Monsters Live

Top Gear: The Perfect Road Trip 2

Clarkson: What Could Possibly Go Wrong?

Ghostbusters T-Shirt

Loungewear Trousers/T-Shirts

Money

Chocolates

Jar of Chilli Sauce

And of course, wouldn't be Christmas without

Socks

Deodrant

Pretty satisfied with my haul this year.

From my Parents:

- Shakugan no Shana II SAVE Edition Blu Ray

- Dragonball Z: Battle of Gods Blu Ray

- The Familiar of Zero season 1 Blu Ray

- Girls und panzer OVA collection Blu Ray

- Official Arsenal Hat, Scarf and 2015 Calender

- 2 pairs of trousers

- A pair of "The Muppets" pajamas (Animal)

From my little brother:

- A selection of Steam Games off my wishlist

From my older Brother:

- A Zelda Amiibo

From my Nanna:

- Hidamari Sketch season 1 Blu Ray

- A Yoshi Amiibo

And some Sweets and Chocolate and other miscellaneous goodies.

I have two sets now. One of the ones I got says "I HATE MORNINGS!". I wanted the Animal onesie I saw but it was in a bloody Medium and they ran out of XL and L...bastards!

Anyway, here's the rest of what I got:

• Alien Isolation on the Xbox One (playing it through on Nightmare mode, in the dark with my headphones on and it's terrifying! Every noise makes me jump, lmao)
  • Bodywarmer. Now I'm like all of the other lads on the estate ;) haha.
  • Internet USB stick because I needed a new one. My internet runs at the speed of light now.
  • Selection box. Yum!
  • Animal pyjamas. @Emerald Emblem, were these the ones you had? I wanted the onesie they had but they only had it in a Medium. They ran out of Larges and Extra Larges. I would have even had XXL, lmao.
  • Money
  • Lynx Africa giftset. I hate the spray but I use the shower gel so that's handy
  • Lynx Peace giftset. I hate the smell but thought that counts.
  • Harry Potter Deathly Hallows necklace. I love the pendant but hate the chain. I'm allergic to the metals but it's nice to look at, I guess.
  • Jack Daniels mug and fudge set. I've always wanted a JD mug and I love the fudge so awesome sauce!
  • Gilette gift set. I don't use it but it's the thought that counts.
  • Old Spice gift set. I don't use it but again, thought that counts, I guess.
  • Disaronno gift set. Has a little bottle of Disaronno, a glass and a stick thingy. Disaronno is well nice.
  • The Godfather Trilogy: The Coppola Restoration blu-ray box set. LOVE!
  • Iron Maiden t-shirt. LOVE!

Overall, a good little haul.

@Animal got you pyjamas? He didn't get me anything!

Because he doesn't treat me like a complete bastard and visits me and doesn't use me for money!

tumblr_inline_nc4yfgSgIv1rybjd8.gif

[*]Alien Isolation on the Xbox One (playing it through on Nightmare mode, in the dark with my headphones on and it's terrifying! Every noise makes me jump, lmao

yes_5656.gif

Hnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnngggg.

I have two sets now. One of the ones I got says "I HATE MORNINGS!". I wanted the Animal onesie I saw but it was in a bloody Medium and they ran out of XL and L...bastards!

• Animal pyjamas. @Emerald Emblem, were these the ones you had? I wanted the onesie they had but they only had it in a Medium. They ran out of Larges and Extra Larges. I would have even had XXL, lmao.

The very same, I'm wearing them as I type this reply. They say what I think perfectly.

The very same, I'm wearing them as I type this reply. They say what I think perfectly.

I am too! haha.

yes_5656.gif

Hnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnngggg.

Mate...

the bald guy was telling me to find a vent that he marked. It was pitch black and I only had a flashlight. Genuinely, it took me five minutes to pluck up the courage and move because I was absolutely shitting myself that something would jump out at me, haha. My nerves are shot!

I am too! haha.

Mate...

the bald guy was telling me to find a vent that he marked. It was pitch black and I only had a flashlight. Genuinely, it took me five minutes to pluck up the courage and move because I was absolutely shitting myself that something would jump out at me, haha. My nerves are shot!

To the Alien Isolation thread!

It's my favourite game of the year. I remember doing a play session that lasted for about three hours. Roughly two and a half of those hours were spent hiding in lockers and trying to enter one room.

The next playthrough I do, I'm going to wear headphones for the entire game. Think it's the true way to play, unless you've got an awesome surround sound system.

Just a simple bunch of Christmas presents for me this year.

Movies

• Mission Impossible 1-3 DVD
  • World War Z DVD
  • GITS Stand Alone Complex Season 1 and 2 DVD
  • The Lego Movie Bluray
  • X-Men The Days of Future Past Bluray
  • The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Bluray
  • Top Gear Perfect Road Trip 2 DVD
  • The Inbetweeners 2 DVD

Random Stuffs

• Batman Robe, pj trouser and slippers
  • Some Tee Shirts
  • Chocolates
  • Oor Wullie Annual
  • Guinness World Records Annual (Probably the most pointless Christmas present ever tbh)
  • Deodorants
  • Moneys to spend.

Edited by DriftKaiser

To the Alien Isolation thread!

It's my favourite game of the year. I remember doing a play session that lasted for about three hours. Roughly two and a half of those hours were spent hiding in lockers and trying to enter one room.

The next playthrough I do, I'm going to wear headphones for the entire game. Think it's the true way to play, unless you've got an awesome surround sound system.

I swear, I was proper like "Come on, man! Get your shit together! You can do it! You can do it! Just run! Run! Run!" *hears a can rattling around* "Fuck that shit! Nah, I'm safe! Why isn't Baldy going first since he bastard marked it..."...that went on for five minutes.

I thought The Evil Within was a bit scary but that's just scary as in slightly disturbing. This is just proper shit-your-pants stuff, takes me back to the old days with Resident Evil on the PS1. This is true survival horror at its absolute finest!

I got a few clothes, some chocolates, Hugo Boss cologne, a Trivial Pursuit game, a book ("Caim"), and the most surprising thing: Settlers of Catan :grin: That was a pretty awesome surprise.

Books:

10462963_10155025581045341_677453097429072516_n.jpg?oh=0798ce7461e2f3c4cec5521bd72546fd&oe=55313091

Rad as shit Sonic "Lego":

10885582_10155025497385341_1800581055458920317_n.jpg?oh=badffb07451b2e5eaddc5cd38bd27970&oe=5540B043

Space pen:

1488975_10155030691260341_1830344139374969702_n.jpg?oh=ece30904204790d65267d25b91f89ccc&oe=5500B702&__gda__=1428945256_dc4c2b23d08d191bd92930adc52e276d

Galileo thermometer:

10423918_10155030691110341_6419034808742813379_n.jpg?oh=a2e26a7ffb30f3940346d47be7345366&oe=5544990C

And also:

Lockpick set (which so far has been alarmingly easy to use, having picked my first lock within about 10 seconds on the first attempt)

Pin art thing

Pants

Socks

Spicy tomato ketchup

Various Wasabi flavoured things

Various shower gels/deodorants

An alarming amount of sugary stuff, which I'm sure will lead to diabetes

Noteworthy things that my other half got:

A larger than anticipated Totoro plush:

$T2eC16NHJH4FHchSh)8WBSCLbViyqQ~~60_35.JPG

Catbus plush:

imageq_18.jpg

Pop Vinyl Boxtrolls Fish figure:

2014-Funko-Pop-Box-Trolls-Fish.jpg

And between us we got a shit tonne of Ikea vouchers to help with furniture when we get a house.

Edited by Goafer

Also need to throw in, my cousins sent me a present which was mixed in with the presents for the dog in the bag. Got a nice watch from them.

From my family:

- £100 (from Parents, also a promise to help in buying stuff for the flat during the January sales)

- Cheque for £100 from Grandmother

- Bottle of wine from my Brother

- Lots of chocolate

From GF's family:

- Santa socks

- Gentleman's manicure set

- Fruit Jellies

- Next Code Red aftershave gift set (actually smells quite nice)

- Cadbury's Selection Box

From Girlfriend:

- Leather Wallet

- Wahl electric razor/trimmer set

- Bamboo socks

- Beanie Baby cuddly toy

- Ted Baker aftershave gift set

- Figure 8 snood

- Hardbook collection of poems and tales by Edgar Allan Poe

- small stocking things like a slinky and a few other joke gifts

Not too bad. Was a bit weird that I got more gifts from my girlfriend's family than I did from my own but never mind. Absolutely love the Edgar Allan Poe book, quite possibly the best gift I've ever been given as it's not something I'd ever get myself but I do like his work so will take pride of place on my bedside table :grin:

Gentleman's manicure set

I don't get it.

Unless it's to give to the woman in your life so that she gives you some peace and quiet for a bit?

I don't get it.

Unless it's to give to the woman in your life so that she gives you some peace and quiet for a bit?

Yeah, I think it was meant to be a joke present from my girlfriend's sister but I didn't really get it either ::shrug: Pretty much said she could use it instead as I wouldn't be using it and left it with her.

From the Wife:

Walking Dead Edition of Monopoly

Assassins Creed Black Flag PS4

Tomadachi Life 3DS

Guardians of the Galaxy Sound Track

Superman lounging trousers

Batman dressing gown

Hulk Fist wall light

From the parents:

8 Amiibo figures (Mario, Peach, Pikachu, Samus, Fox, Donkey Kong, Kirby, Yoshi)

Deep fat fryer

A Gazebo

A Green House

Last of us Remastered

Call of duty Advanced Warfare PS4

Too much chocolate

Mach 3 blades

Socks an boxers

Halo Megablocks Warthog

A Onesie

Slippers

From the In-laws:

The World of Ice & Fire: The Untold History of Westeros

Marvel Encyclopedia

Knack PS4

Personal highlight for me though, was giving our cats their little pressies:

10881622_10155004713000451_1513034918232376671_n.jpg?oh=8295f3c27884f7ae060aef91e18109e3&oe=54FA62EB

1507164_10155004712845451_209655208215086373_n.jpg?oh=492e0533e11f083b58831656b0b772d2&oe=552BC6EE&__gda__=1428773426_b464902f237fca0ef11ae081c62416a2

@Goafer

How did you complete that Sonic pixel thing ? The instructions were truely awful and confusing I gave on mine

They were indeed completely heinous. I struggled a few times, but I just persevered/guessed.

What was a bit more concerning is how loosely the blocks clip together in some areas. I actually had to glue mine, mainly around the arm and feet area.

I still quite like it though and it looks pretty good on my shelf with the rest of my gaming crap.

£5 coin

Socks

Shirt

Crate of world beers (don't like beer so gave it to girlfriend's family)

Book of 1001 beers to try before you die (doorstop now)

£20 (covered taxi fare home on xmas day)

Keychain torch (I now have like 7 torches)

Hand-made plate by gf (which is cool)

Jumper

Chocolate coins

Inbetweeners 2

a Ray Charles movie

... Yeah xmas is about sleeping and I got a lot of that