NEurope
Sméagol

Life is Strange

I reeeeally wanted to play Episode 2 after work on Thursday. Came home, ate my tea and decided to start it up. Imagine my horror when I realised that you had to download and install each episode individually! Gah. By the time it all finished, it was time for bed. :(

I played part of Episode 2 yesterday and loved it. But, I was barely awake after football, so had to stop. Will finish later.

I reeeeally wanted to play Episode 2 after work on Thursday. Came home, ate my tea and decided to start it up. Imagine my horror when I realised that you had to download and install each episode individually! Gah. By the time it all finished, it was time for bed. :(

I had so much hassle trying to download and install each episode on the PS3 that I ended up having to take out and format the hard drive :hmm:

I wiped the console and managed to get it all installed on the 12GB of flash memory so will look to complete Life is Strange before backing up the save files and attempting to reinsert the HDD.

I had so much hassle trying to download and install each episode on the PS3 that I ended up having to take out and format the hard drive :hmm:

I wiped the console and managed to get it all installed on the 12GB of flash memory so will look to complete Life is Strange before backing up the save files and attempting to reinsert the HDD.

Oh, my issue was that it was just a bit annoying. I'm pretty sure when I downloaded The Walking Dead, it came as a complete download, whereas this downloaded and installed in parts. Your issue is something else entirely, still not sure what happened with your PS3.

We finished Episode 2 yesterday:

It was excellent. Particularly liked the Groundhog Day style "I'll "predict" what happens next" scene, which we had a lot of fun with. I managed to save Kate. Some of the responses on the rooftop were quite difficult to gauge, so it felt quite tense. Managed to talk her down, in the end. Judging by the results screen at the end of the episode, half of gamers managed to save her whilst the other half lost her, so that's interesting.

Chloe's little talk about Chaos Theory seals her fate, imo. Max keeps saving her, so I think eventually Chloe will have to die. It's a Final Destination sort of thing where you can't escape fate. At least, that's what I think.

Oh, my issue was that it was just a bit annoying. I'm pretty sure when I downloaded The Walking Dead, it came as a complete download, whereas this downloaded and installed in parts. Your issue is something else entirely, still not sure what happened with your PS3.

I was a little frustrated about having to download each episode individually too but at least we're both playing it now :grin:

Max is dead

:blank:

I'm glad to see more people enjoying the game.

It's fun to see your predictions as well. Let me be an ass, and tell you that one of you is way off, and leave it at that :p.

I'm glad to see more people enjoying the game.

It's fun to see your predictions as well. Let me be an ass, and tell you that one of you is way off, and leave it at that :p.

We all know it's me :heh:

Cleared Episode 3 today and the more it progressed, the more I felt the prediction of @Fierce_LiNk was going to be true. Whatever the case, I wanted to rewind it all in the end..

We finished this veeeeery early this morning after playing the remainder of Episode 4 and then the entirety of Episode 5 back-to-back.

Waaaaaaa. Such a great episode. I'm going to remember it for that entire section with young Chloe and young Max, as Max tries to save Chloe's Father. That was a struggle, finding out what to do with the car keys. I was a bit unsure about what this would mean for future events, so seeing Chloe in a wheelchair at the end of the episode was a huuuuuge bombshell! Genuinely gasped and thought awwww, I fucked up.

This is just amazing. I really like the first season of The Walking Dead, particularly episodes 2 and 3. This is just as great, if not better, than these episodes. This entire episode is gut-wrenching. I chose to listen to alternate-disabled-Chloe and kill her. That whole sequence was heart-breaking, especially exploring her house and seeing how her parents were financially ruined just keeping her alive.

Putting the clues together was fun, as was investigating the barn. I had already suspected that Rachel was dead, but discovering the body and seeing Chloe's inevitable breakdown was still hard to watch. The party-scene was quite intense because I didn't quite know what was going to happen. A reeeeally great episode with another shocking ending.

Very nightmare-ish, this episode. Parts of it do feel like something taken from the Batman Arkham games. I enjoyed it a lot and it never crossed that line where it became tedious to me. I found the opening part very uncomfortable with Jefferson photographing you. I had David kill him, although at the time I was deliberating over telling him the truth, but I thought he deserved to know. I chose to sacrifice Chloe at the end, after having that whole section where you see dead bodies and places in ruin. I did have to stop and think it through carefully because I badly wanted Chloe to live, but I couldn't let everyone else (who had no say in the matter) just die for nothing.

Fuuuuuck, playing Spanish Sahara by Foals at the end was a stroke of genius. I loved that song already and it fits in really fucking well here.

There's no other way I can see this game ending. This is the "right" way (well, maybe there aren't any right or wrong ways...perhaps less damaging?) for the game to end. Too much shit went down after altering with time. I interpreted the entire story as a way to say goodbye to a friend that you knew and cared for long ago. It's a coming-of-age story, in essence. Similar to something like Stand By Me and with huge influences and themes from films like Donnie Darko.

Overall, I had a fantastic time with this game. Heart-breaking, but great drama.

I've had Spanish Sahara stuck in my head all day. Still thinking about the final moments for the game. I take that as a good sign. :D

I was born to play games like this. And to listen to music like this, too! Beautiful song that fits a beautiful game. :D

Finished this earlier.

Couldn't let Chloe die, because thinking back to the decisions over the game would have meant all that would happen, and i couldn't let that occur. Couldn't let the photo teacher carry on drugging young women, couldn't let Chloe's step-dad carry on doing CCTV across the entire place. Plus, there are good chances a few survived. The diner looked in-tact, the chances of David living are high as he's in the basement.

Finished this earlier.

Couldn't let Chloe die, because thinking back to the decisions over the game would have meant all that would happen, and i couldn't let that occur. Couldn't let the photo teacher carry on drugging young women, couldn't let Chloe's step-dad carry on doing CCTV across the entire place. Plus, there are good chances a few survived. The diner looked in-tact, the chances of David living are high as he's in the basement.

She had to die. Every bad event came from the willingness to save Chloe. She dies or encounters hardship multiple times in the game...morally, I don't think she can live. I saw this ending on youtube and I could still imagine something happening to both of them once the credits stop rolling. At least with the "Chloe dies" ending, there's some finality to it.

Speaking of this game, it's getting a live action series: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-07-27-life-is-strange-to-receive-a-live-action-series-via-legendary

I always described it as like an interactive CW programme so I'm happy!

That's pretty cool. Could work well as a TV show. I do love time travel as a narrative.

Edited by somme
Automerged Doublepost

She had to die. Every bad event came from the willingness to save Chloe. She dies or encounters hardship multiple times in the game...morally, I don't think she can live. I saw this ending on youtube and I could still imagine something happening to both of them once the credits stop rolling. At least with the "Chloe dies" ending, there's some finality to it.

Why does Chloe deserve to die? What has she personally done to cause this insane happenstance? For the universe to turn in on itself against this one person, there must be some reason that you were given the ability to interfere with it. Remove Chloe from the equation and make everything a-ok, what's the point in that? That's the same thing that would've happened if you'd never had the powers. Bang, dead, no Life is Strange.

Why does Chloe deserve to die? What has she personally done to cause this insane happenstance? For the universe to turn in on itself against this one person, there must be some reason that you were given the ability to interfere with it. Remove Chloe from the equation and make everything a-ok, what's the point in that? That's the same thing that would've happened if you'd never had the powers. Bang, dead, no Life is Strange.

You called?

4279266-joker.jpg

I dunno about "deserve" to die (that's a whole moral can of worms there. Does anyone "deserve" death?) But, in this instance or at least in this reality, Chloe dies if Max doesn't interfere. The way I see it, Max and Chloe were great friends years ago but drifted apart. Her sudden access/power to rewind time gives her a chance to say goodbye to her friend and gain closure.

Even when Max did interfere, Chloe dies. You have the choice to end her life in the timeline where her Father lives, but they're struggling under immense medical bills and so caring for her will just become harder and harder. She dies in the fourth episode when the grand reveal takes place. So, the way I see it, reality (or fate) is telling me that Chloe's fate is to die. Her death isn't in vain, because Jefferson and Nathan are held accountable for their crimes without any further bloodshed (up until the point where Nathan shoots Chloe).

I dunno about "deserve" to die (that's a whole moral can of worms there. Does anyone "deserve" death?) But, in this instance or at least in this reality, Chloe dies if Max doesn't interfere. The way I see it, Max and Chloe were great friends years ago but drifted apart. Her sudden access/power to rewind time gives her a chance to say goodbye to her friend and gain closure.

Even when Max did interfere, Chloe dies. You have the choice to end her life in the timeline where her Father lives, but they're struggling under immense medical bills and so caring for her will just become harder and harder. She dies in the fourth episode when the grand reveal takes place. So, the way I see it, reality (or fate) is telling me that Chloe's fate is to die. Her death isn't in vain, because Jefferson and Nathan are held accountable for their crimes without any further bloodshed (up until the point where Nathan shoots Chloe).

Fuck the town, fuck the universe. Save the girl.

My reasons were as. I couldn't let Mr Jefferson continue his elicit photo/drugging sessions. And, you had 5 or so years apart from your best friend, i couldn't bear letting her die.

I thought the game was amazing and

I sacrificed Chloe because she was meant to die due to half of the population in the town dying and me constantly having to save her in every episode and I didn't actually like her.

Also, FOR REAL, I suspected Nathan and Jefferson from Episode 2 onwards! I was jumping "I KNEW IT!" haha

Edited by Shorty
fixed spoiler tag

Yeah I't £5 on PSN too, I bought it, looking forward to it.

Good man! Absolutely brilliant game. I convinced a lad at work to snap it up for that price, as well.

Honestly for a fiver it's practically robbing them. No excuse not to try it if you haven't already.

This game made me cry manly tears and put me into a slight depression for a few days.

Buy this fucking game!!!