NEurope
Sméagol

Life is Strange

Woo! Very happy to see they're doing a collector's edition for this. Loved it so more than happy to double dip, just waiting for it to go up for pre-order at somewhere reliable to stick my order in.

Bump!

In the Gaming Diary 2016 thread I mentioned that I want to complete this. As it turns out I was very close to finishing Episode 2.

After I'd read the journal that Max keeps I was up to date again and finished the episode.

I didn't save Kate...And I may have had a tear coming out of my eyes...

:(

The final choice: I blamed Nathan. Because how could I not...

But somehow I get the feeling that Jefferson has something more to do with it all than it seems.

Right now, though, there's so much I can't figure out...

Looking forward to spending more time with this in the next few days. :)

Edited by drahkon

I didn't save Kate...And I may have had a tear coming out of my eyes...
:(

That's not too surprising. Doesn't this part rely on remembering a bunch of minor details? Serves you right for putting the game aside for so long. :p

That's not too surprising. Doesn't this part rely on remembering a bunch of minor details?

Don't think so. I didn't need to remember anything. I think with my past choices I laid the foundation for that to happen.

Maybe I could've prevented that if had made different choices during that 'decisive' conversation. But apparently I should never

talk to someone who's on the verge of suicide.

Don't think so. I didn't need to remember anything. I think with my past choices I laid the foundation for that to happen.

Maybe I could've prevented that if had made different choices during that 'decisive' conversation. But apparently I should never

talk to someone who's on the verge of suicide.

Hmm, then I have no idea what you did.

You're supposed to talk her down from the roof by convincing her that life is still worth living through the use of little things you picked up while looking around her room.

Edited by Magnus

Hmm, then I have no idea what you did.

You're supposed to talk her down from the roof by convincing her that life is still worth living through the use of little things you picked up while looking around her room.

That wasn't even possible for me. The conversation was about the video and about what I suggested Kate to do (which was to wait and not go to the police).

I tried to tell her that no one's gonna remember the video in the long run and that I made a mistake. But it seemed like she already made her decision...

I don't know for sure but I figured the more "pro-Kate" decisions you made earlier, the easier it would be to get her down and vica versa. I only made one bad choice, I think it was not returning her call or message in the cafe(can't remember why but I think I had a good reason for it at the time) Anyway, in my game I think I quoted the wrong bible verse, but she jumped when I said a family member loves her, but it turned out she hated them or they hated her.

Anyway, I reloaded the save and corrected the mistake. I know these games are all about living with your choice and face the consequenses, but I no way I was going to accept that. I mean the game is about rewinding time for gods sake, I played by the rules of the game :p

I tried to tell her that no one's gonna remember the video in the long run and that I made a mistake. But it seemed like she already made her decision...

Yeah, I don't think those were the right choices (well, obviously).

Remind me never to talk to you if I'm ever feeling depressed. :p

Sooo...Epsiode 3...

Well, I made two decisions which may end up being really bad, but on the spot I found them to be the right choices:

I stole the money from the principal's office

and

I sided with David in the argument, knowing full well that it would upset Chloe, but for some reason I thought that this was the right thing to do...

Chloe has David's gun now...can't be good.

Minor choices: I've missed a lot apparently...

Didn't help Warren with his exam, didn't help Alyssa and I didn't warn the homeless woman.

I am, however, on the Vortex Club party list and didn't change it.

I also took a photo in the past and left a mark in the fireplace. These might be important in the next Episode(s)

Oh and that ending...alternate timeline. Pretty sure we won't stay there. Nothing has been solved in the 'original' timeline and I don't think the developers want it to stay that way.

Will be interesting to see what's going on in the alternate timeline, though...

Need to go to sleep now...won't be home tomorrow until late afternoon...I want to play this :D

Well, the game crashed on me mid-episode 4 and it won't start again...:blank:

Not sure if I can be bothered to redownload the whole thing...would take ages since I'll be at my mom's place until Monday...

Fucking annoying.

It crashed during a saving progress so I guess my save is corrupted as well...if that's the case I won't play this for a long time :blank:

You may have a backup save uploaded to the cloud.

Do you have to redownload the whole thing? I remember I had to stop playing after the first episode because I didn't realize that you had to download the episodes separately, but I don't know if you can delete just one episode and redownload it.

You may have a backup save uploaded to the cloud.

Do you have to redownload the whole thing? I remember I had to stop playing after the first episode because I didn't realize that you had to download the episodes separately, but I don't know if you can delete just one episode and redownload it.

I have a backup save.

Couldn't delete a single episode...

I'm downloading the "main" application and episodes 4 and 5 now. Hoping I won't have to download 1-3...I really won't bother if I have to.

Anyway, downloads will take 'til tomorrow which sucks...Will play Volume on my Vita tonight and probably won't play Life is Strange until I finish Volume and get the Platinum.

Redownloading worked and I finished Episode 4 just now.

First of all, my decisions:

I accepted Chloe's request in the alternate timeline. It was a tough decision but I knew Max would change everything back to how it has been. I figured Chloe deservers to make that choice.

Nathan got beat up and I watched. At that time I didn't think about how the story might play out...I despised him and in my eyes, he derserved that...but later in that Episode I regretted having these thoughts.

Chloe killed Frank. It was inevitable...She had David's gun...I knew this was going to happen...

Only 7% had the same happen in their playthrough.

I warned Victoria but she didn't believe me. At that moment I knew Nathan was just a scapegoat. It became way to obvious that the Prescott involvement was staged.

I also thought about who could be the culprit. Somehow everything in my head screamed: "Jefferson, you moron". No idea why...

The ending wasn't that shocking to me. I knew for sure Chloe would die right after that second moon faded. And Jefferson turning up was becoming more and more obvious during the End of the World Party.

Now, with all that going on at a - for a lack of better term - human level, there's still that Chaos-Theory-End-of-Blackwell-Stuff looming.

Really looking forward to how everything plays out.

87 minutes and Episode 5 has finished downloading...I might not go to sleep tonight :D

Have to download Ep 2 again to get all the optional photos. I've actually found all the photos in Ep 3 and 4.

I won't look too hard for those in Ep 5. I think I'll just enjoy the story unfolding.

Edited by drahkon

What a great concluding chapter.

In the end I sacrificed Arcadia Bay. I didn't want Max to lose Chloe.

Can't believe I somehow never picked up on the colour blue. It was the most obvious theme in the story.

It began with the blue butterfly, continued with the blue bird, and then there was Chloe's blue hair.

Chaos Theory.

Quite embarrassed that I connected the dots this late...

Such a wonderful game. I'll post some spoiler free thoughts in the Gaming Diary 2016 thread.

Edited by drahkon

Anyone else got their LE today? I have already finished the game so I haven't opened it yet. Nothing bad against the developers, but next game/season I'm not buying the season pass right away, because now I've basically paid for the same game twice, which isn't fun.

@Hero\-of\-Time you got yours? Saw you decided to play TotB next, but I'm looking forward to read your opinion of this.

Anyone else got their LE today? I have already finished the game so I haven't opened it yet. Nothing bad against the developers, but next game/season I'm not buying the season pass right away, because now I've basically paid for the same game twice, which isn't fun.

@Hero\-of\-Time you got yours? Saw you decided to play TotB next, but I'm looking forward to read your opinion of this.

I nearly picked it up while shopping this morning, but figured I would hold off until I have finished TFTB. I don't wanna play two story driven games at the same time.

I got it for my birthday and played up until the end of episode two. It's the interactive sci-fi CW show I never knew I needed until now!

I panicked with the answers about a possible family member and the bible verse but managed to remember her father's card and got lucky with the bible verse. I almost googled but decided against it. Man that was tense though. Going to try and pay more attention in the future!

Good choice whoever bought you this game, knew you'd like it! Game got me genuinely choked up more than once.

Play it Dan, the atmosphere, opening sequence, music etc will probably grab you straight away. I think it was my favourite game of last year.

I made a start on this yesterday. Hnnnnnnggg at the music.

There were three moments that stuck out to me. One was where you're walking down the corridor in the Academy and you've got your headphones in, which was a great little set-up for the next scene. The bit in your dorm where you've got Jose Gonzalez's Crosses playing through your hi-fi was cool. But, my favourite bit was in Chloe's room where she's smoking.

Enjoying it, so far. Looking forward to playing more later.

I made a start on this yesterday. Hnnnnnnggg at the music.

There were three moments that stuck out to me. One was where you're walking down the corridor in the Academy and you've got your headphones in, which was a great little set-up for the next scene. The bit in your dorm where you've got Jose Gonzalez's Crosses playing through your hi-fi was cool. But, my favourite bit was in Chloe's room where she's smoking.

Enjoying it, so far. Looking forward to playing more later.

Good to see you have enjoyed it so far. Trust me when I say that it only gets better. I can't wait to see/read how you feel about the rest of the game.

Made a start last night, completed Episode 1: Chrysalis

Damn, this is good. Just from the first episode i know i'll be hooked. The music is spectacular, it's mesmerizing in places. Did report Nathan for having a gun, did gain some revenge on Victoria and helped Chloe once i was re-united with her.

I just reached the end of Episode 2 and I'm genuinely beginning to question myself in real life! I've been going through the story trying my best to play the role as myself rather than trying to guess what Max might do in each situation. I avoided the 'Vortex' thing as well as any interest from Warren, where possible, but I regret what has happened with Kate :hmm:

I've been doing what I felt was as much as I could to be her friend and protect her from everyone but when that pivotal moment arrived at the end of the second episode, I realised that I simply hadn't paid enough attention and therefore couldn't prevent her from jumping

:sad: I even seem to have put Mr. Jefferson in the firing line!