NEurope
Sméagol

Life is Strange

Just finished episode 1 myself. Really enjoyed it. Only complaint would be that the lip sync is terrible, its like they didnt even try!

I'm the same @drahkon, I thought I pretty much did everything I could but the choices at the end showed I missed quite a bit.

This is definitely one of those games where I almost because paralyzed by the choices, especially now that you can rewind time and make a different decision. The big one for me was:

Kate getting harrased by Chloe's security guard step-dad. I wanted to keep the photo of him doing it as I figured it would be more helpful later but Max seemed pretty insistant that she should have re-wound time to intervene. I hope that photo comes through for me later! It only got a quick mention from Chloe near the end and I hope thats not it.

the lip sync is terrible, its like they didnt even try!

Yeah, it's atrocious. :shakehead

Kate getting harrased by Chloe's security guard step-dad. I wanted to keep the photo of him doing it as I figured it would be more helpful later but Max seemed pretty insistant that she should have re-wound time to intervene. I hope that photo comes through for me later! It only got a quick mention from Chloe near the end and I hope thats not it.

Did the same.

What I find a bit annoying is that the game seems to tell you which choice you're supposed to make. A lot of choices I made ended with Max thinking "Oh, maybe I shouldn't have done that"/"This may be wrong".

The game always does that with both decisions. You would know if you rewinded to see the other decision.

Just finished episode 4. Oh my!

I didn't expect most of those things to happen.

I was one of the 8% that chose not to tell Victoria. Seeing as how close she's been with Nathan, I thought she could've been in on it and I didn't want to tip him off. Seems like she's not involved, but she's still a bitch. lol.

Finally made it to the end of Ep 4 recently. The twist certainly blindsided me even though I knew something was coming. Maybe I'm an idiot but I legitimately would not have been able to guess it entirely. Writing's a little clunky in places but it's an enthralling piece of interactive story telling, can't wait for the conclusion. Genuinely invested now.

Edited by gaggle64

Finally got round to playing episode 4 of this. Had been putting it off as the ending to episode 3 had left a slight bad taste in my mouth and had been staying away from anything news related to this since it came out so as not to spoil anything but thought that I really should set that aside and play it. And bloody hell did that episode pull out a lot of twists and punches.

Had a feeling that the alternate timeline was going to end that way. Wasn't really an easy decision to make but helped Chloe with her request as I thought it was the best but damn that was hard to watch.

Enjoyed all of the detective work and putting all the clues together. Didn't manage to figure out Nathan's PIN but think it may have something to do with the string of 3 numbers in blue but just couldn't get it. Don't really get some of the backlash for this part as I found it quite involving and as you are supposed to be trying to figure out what has happened to Rachel, it was a nice and well thought out way to handle it, I thought anyway.

Was nice to see Kate again, that was a nice moment and can see that having her up and about and helping (I got her to help with finding Nathan's room) may come in useful later on in the last episode. Likewise with Frank, diffused that situation and seems like he may actively get involved in the next episode. Wouldn't put it behind the devs to have it that he was keeping an eye on Chloe and Max through the last part of this episode so he now knows what's happened to them

But the real punches, finding Rachel's body. Think like others I did believe we were going to find her alive so that was a hard pill to swallow. Suspect that once it's all revealed, we'll find that what they dosed her with reacted with any stuff she had taken while she was with Frank and that ended up killing her.

And Mr. Jefferson there at the end drugging Max and killing Chloe. Had a feeling something was up with him constantly asking about coming to the party. But what better way to throw people off than to position Nathan as the main culprit and put Victoria out there as a red herring for the next victim. She still may end up being that, with both her and Max being held, but I do think Nathan is perhaps less of the baddie here and is being made to look like he's involved when he really isn't as involved as Mr. Jefferson.

Enjoyed the episode though. Really can't wait for the next one now. Hopefully shouldn't be too long in releasing, thinking maybe another 2 weeks or so, so hopefully hear about it soon. Bring on the ending I say.

Over a month later than they were aiming for, and they're saying that they're aiming for October 20th as well so slight possibility for further delay. It's a shame as I was hoping it would be either this week or next. Sure the wait will be worth it.

Do hope that they (Dontnod) and Square Enix are going to do a retail release of this as a collector's edition. Although I've got the game digitally anyway, would be brilliant to have a nice collector's edition with artwork and such. Fingers crossed that it's on the cards and they're just keeping quiet on that front as I'm sure there'd be plenty of people who'd want it.

I just glad we finally got a date, gotta assume there's at least some big scene they had to nail down.

Hi Sméagol,

The following thread that you created has had its title edited

-----

Thread: Life is Strange

Old Title: Life is strange

Forum: Other Consoles

-----

This is an automated message, please do not reply.

Regards,

The Forum Management

/facepalm

Freedom of speech man!!

Edit:

Also, I'm an incredibly patient man (when it comes to things like releasedates), so I can wait until then. I have to wait longer for other stuff.. (Dreamfall, Tales from the Borderlands, and now Game of Thrones)

Edited by Sméagol

:p I knew I was going to get called out for that. Your freedom of speech pales before my English degree. Plus, you should see how easy it is to correct thread titles... I literally just double click.... ;)

In my defence, I love this game...... Is that a defence...?

Edited by Shorty

i Just Don't See The Point In Capitalising Every Word In A Title. i Only Do That If It Would Get A CaPitaL Anyway.

In English title capitalisation is getting gradually less common, although it's still fairly frequently used. And note that when you do it, you shouldn't capitalise more functional words, like prepositions and articles and so on. But more importantly, Squeenix use the capitalised version as the title of the game! You can't tell from the game logo because it's all in caps, but see their official website - although their Twitter capitalises the is too! The plot thickens.

[/pointless rambling]

Edited by Supergrunch

Very much looking forward to the finale, especially after the last episode!

I thought it was excellent. I see some complaints on Steam forums about the endings, but I don't agree with them. The only complaint I may have with the ending is that it's "predictable", it was totally heading this way from the start, but it makes the story cohesive (unlike say, Mass effect), and doesn't make it less great. And there are plenty of feels to be had.

The nightmare sequence was also a nice mindfuck.

And all the little details are testimony to the great writing.. From the recurring themes, the self-referential jokes and things like your diary. All your text messages change with each reality.. And read your diary while in the spoilered segment.

Anyway, I had a great time with Life is strange, and I really want a season 2 (though probably with a new cast and setting, as this story seems pretty resolved),

I'll post choices later, but does anyone know what affected the minor choice about Joyce? Oh and the big major choice:

I sacrificed Chloe. Seemed to me the only logical choice. A nice bittersweet ending.

It wasn't a bad episode, just slighly disappointing. It felt more of a playable epilouge than an episode.

Sacrificied Chloe. Horrible choice, but there are way too many in Arcadia to sacrifice instead. Regretted the decision when the girl on girl action happened :p Is this depended on wether or not you kissed her earlier?

Saved all the others.

Didn't kiss Warren because there hasn't been much time for romance, so hug was all he got.

Let Joyce make up her own mind and told the guy with the dog the truth about Rachel.

Edited by Tales

From what I gathered on the Steam forums, it's dependent on a few things with the kiss being one requirement.. In general, it seems you need to make a certain amount of "pro-chloe" decisions, but I didn't do a few of the obvious ones. Doing the dare seems to be a requirement, as well as getting your picture on her mobile's wallpaper (I totally forgot about that). Also, the Chloe kiss and the Warren kiss seem to be mutually exclusive, so if you've kissed Warren (which you didn't), you've foregone the kiss with Chloe.

I could do without the kiss.. I kissed Chloe, but it was a dare, and I didn't see the harm in it, but I don't feel romantically involved with Chloe. Victoria is more my type, perhaps in season 2 :D. The Chloe + Victoria action was better though, but Max + Victoria is what I really want. So close. :P

The mobile wallpaper thing is not a requirement, I didn't do that, I don't even know what that is.

I sacrificed Arcadia Bay. The diner looked fine to me. I'm going to assume it was.

I went back and did the alternative just to see it, and I prefer my original choice.

I thought this whole game was really amazing, there's not much out there like it. It's one of those games that makes me think about how much people who love books and films, but never give games a try, are missing out on.

I thought I was being clever when I downloaded this overnight, but then I started playing it last night only to discover when I finished episode 1 that you need to download all of the episodes separately, and so I ended up spending the rest of the evening downloading episode 2. :sad:

Great series overall but was disappointed in the final episode. It just seemed a little hollow, I dunno, pretty hard to explain. I ended up hating Chloe more and more as I played. God her language just irritates me!

I still love Life is Strange overall but I'm not a fan of the final episode. The series was always at it's best when it was about meeting people and women helping other women, so when they ramp up the Twin Peaks/Chaos Theory stuff it lost me. I really hope Dontnod take another whack at a story series though, it was a refreshing alternative to the (none the less well produced) Telltale games. Really nothing else like it right now.

Was saving the final episode of this until I was off on Friday to do it in one sitting but ended up starting it up on Monday evening and finishing it off on Tuesday there.

Overall, I actually enjoyed the final episode. Compared to say episode 3, which I feel dragged quite a bit and didn't move things along far enough resulting in episode 4 feeling a little like a drag at the start, I thought they kept pretty much to point on this, bar a few bits here and there. The ending I think was the best we could hope for given the numerous threads going off from choices early on but I didn't have that many problems with it.

Perhaps I'm taking the game as a whole now rather than as the final episode in isolation but I thought it did a good job of bringing everything together in as satisfying a way as could have been done (I say satisfying, there really wasn't much happiness with the ending but you get what I mean).

I chose not to tell David what had happened to Chloe. I think with everything else happening at that moment with Jefferson and the determination that we were going to sort it all out, I didn't feel that there was much point in telling him. I did tell him the first time round and while I see why he did what he did, I preferred the response after not telling him. Jefferson needed to rot in jail, not be shot point blank as it seemed out of line with David's whole thinking up to that point.

Did like that we got to see the real side of David though. Think in seeing that, I decided that it was for the best to tell Joyce to give him another choice. He knew he was in the wrong at times and looked/sounded sincere in wanting to make up for it.

The whole nightmare/time loop sequence I thought was a nice change of pace. I know that's getting a lot of flack elsewhere but I did like it. A not so subtle showing of the horrors of time travel and how it can put you in a never ending loop... with giant squirrels obviously :laughing:

As for the ending, it was a pretty easy decision really and I opted to sacrifice Chloe. Didn't even look to see what happened when you sacrificed Arcadia Bay as all roads seemed to suggest that Chloe should be dead. I do think they could have handled it better for her character and not just simply have her say she was ready for it. With everything that'd happened and telling her about the other timelines (I did this as it seemed only right), I would have thought she'd be a bit more reticent than she was. A slight blip there anyway.

I thought they handled the ending well though. No messing around, and the butterfly on the coffin at the end was a nice touch I thought. The dear/doe being Max's spirit animal clearly, the butterfly Chloe's.

Was a great experience from start to finish though. Yes, there were some pacing issues at times but I feel that Dontnod did extremely well and offered a game that was a huge step away from anything else around, something that really caught and maintained my attention and definitely touched me at times. Wholeheartedly recommend for anyone who hasn't taken the plunge yet.

I'm already planning on having another complete run through now that all the episodes are out. Would absolutely love if Square Enix released it all as a collectors edition boxset. I really hope that they do as I'd definitely double dip and get it again.

8652727b3e37838ae49826cc95cc9fcc.png

I've been waiting for the physical edition to arrive. I :heart: my boxed goods. I look forward to finally see what all the fuss is about with this game.