NEurope
Sméagol

Life is Strange

Haven't posted in a while, but I just had to command you all to play episode 3 right now. The cliffhanger is on par with the last one. This should get a TV show (or well, mini series). Oh but my poor plant died..

That is an understatement!!! Two major twists this episode that were incredible and very profound.

One thing I like along with excellent characters that seem natural and you are able to love as well the brilliant timey wimey weaving plot is the number of relatively taboo subject matters the last two episodes have hit on. What a fantastic series so far.

Edited by flameboy

Enjoying the game.

Music is stellar. Just read that alt-J is featured in the game. : peace:

Not sure what I think about the "time travel mechanics". If you can revert your choices after you make them then it kinda takes away a bit of their significance.

... have been a bit...reveng-y. But it felt like the right thing to do...maybe?

Some updates from me for some of the episodic games (and I own most of them since The walking dead I think..)

Major choices:

- Told Kate to go to the police. Seemed to me to be the best thing, and it's also the choice where she reacts more positively.

- Answered Kate's call. Of course! Chloe can cry some more.

- Didn't try to shoot Frank. I don't want to shoot people.

- Saved Kate. See below.

- Blamed Nathan. I'm being consistent.

Kate.. I actually failed to save her, even after making all the good choices previously. Somehow I still got some responses wrong and she jumped. Of course, the game doesn't let you rewind at this point, but that wasn't going to stop me from saving Kate, I loved her too much. So even as the game was trying to make a point about choices and consequences, I didn't hesitate for a second to hit the menu and restart the chapter. No hesitance whatsoever. Answered one question differently, and saved Kate.

Minor choices:

- Watered my plant.. See episode 3.

- Didn't help Alyssa. See below.

- Erased the link to Kate's video. Everything to help Kate.

- I was friendly to Taylor. I try to be friendly in general.

- Accepted Warren's invitations. A movie seems like fun.

- Wrote a message. Why not?

- Didn't tamper with the railtracks. You can save her without tampering with the tracks, so why risk a derailing train?

- Didn't gain entry to the Vortex club. Found out you could, but the Vortex club, that's where all troubles start. Didn't want to be in it (Whoops, episode 3).

- Didn't help Warren. Didn't know you could. He seemed happy with the explosion, so I left it at that. Only found out when I was hunting for photos.

- Told on David to mr. Jefferson. Can't remember the specific for this one.

About Alyssa: didn't help her because I didn't want to overuse my powers for little things like that, was thinking this may not be a good think in the long run.

Major choices:

- Left the money. Didn't want to leave evidence / suspicion.

- Kissed Chloe. It was a dare! Not to see some fantasy fullfilled or something (because that would be with Victoria). Chloe's reaction surprised me though.

- Sided with David. Didn't want to see the family torn apart. I believe David has good intentions, but is just obsessed with security or something.

- Kept Frank's dog from harm. Of course. Why send the poor dog to the road?

- Frank has David's gun. Don't know about this.. He had it since last episode. I'm guessing there was an option to take it back, but I did not find out about it. Even if I did, not sure if I'd take back the gun.

Minor choices:

- Poor Lisa is dead. Stupid plant dies after 2 days of getting water? Come on.

- Didn't help Warren with his exam. Just like Alyssa in ep 2.

-

. Same reason as ep 2.

- Didn't change the Vortex party guest list. Same reason.

- Didn't erase the cop's message? I certainly did erase the message. I guess it's possible that in some rewinding fury, I forgot to take this step again. May have to replay this part to erase the message (again).

- Didn't help Alyssa. I actually didn't notice something was wrong. I was busy getting to my goal, then I noticed Alyssa, but she wouldn't talk to me. I'm guessing she missed the bus. I didn't think of rewinding to help her, but I probably wouldn't for the same reason as above.

- Warned the homeless woman. Made an exception here, as I trust her, and it may have save her life.

- Took a photo in the past. The opnly photo opportunity so far to have some meaning in the story. I was prepared for it since I always hunt for them, and though I missed it already, but then came big time travel twist, and immediately saw this was the moment.

- Left a mark on the fireplace. I love the various things you can do here. I think the mark will play a role in ep 4.

I do want to play this, but it feels like it's taking foreeeeeever for it all to come out. Glad I didn't start it already as this would have killed me.

Kate.. I actually failed to save her, even after making all the good choices previously. Somehow I still got some responses wrong and she jumped. Of course, the game doesn't let you rewind at this point, but that wasn't going to stop me from saving Kate, I loved her too much. So even as the game was trying to make a point about choices and consequences, I didn't hesitate for a second to hit the menu and restart the chapter. No hesitance whatsoever. Answered one question differently, and saved Kate.

Thank you! I felt bad for cheating but now I know I'm not the only one. I didn't even think about it. Instant hit menu button and replay. No way I was letting that happen.

As for the rest of my choices I posted them on the previous page.

4 weeks left for the next episode? Where's that time machine...

Edited by Tales

Thank you! I felt bad for cheating but now I know I'm not the only one. I didn't even think about it. Instant hit menu button and replay. No way I was letting that happen.

As for the rest of my choices I posted them on the previous page.

4 weeks left for the next episode? Where's that time machine...

Yeah, my brother was like "What? That's stupid, you cheater." Didn't care at all :p. And I'm generally pretty adamant at sticking with my choices, but that's the thing, this wasn't a choice.

You can play Dreamfall: chapters, Tales from the Borderlands or Game of thrones in the meantime, if you haven't already.

Finally getting round to posting what happened in my playthrough of episode 3 the other week.

Main Choices

Left the money (didn't feel right taking it)

Kissed Chloe

Sided with Chloe (Don't think David is to blame for things going on but the way he's going about things isn't right and needs to be put to a stop)

Kept Frank's dog from harm

Frank has David's gun (Didn't even notice this until the stats screen and I looked all over the RV)

Minor Choices

Lisa is dead :(

Didn't help Warren with his exam (with it being known the school was broken into, if it had been changed, think Warren would have ended up in the firing line)

Not on the Vortex Club party list

Didn't change the Vortex Club party list

Erased the cop's answerphone message (think breaking into the school justified itself in the grander scheme of things so no point creating more problems, especially with siding with Chloe)

Helped Alyssa

Didn't warn the homeless woman (again, missed this. Didn't think to go and see her)

Took photo in past (guessing when we go back to re-do our change, we'll get to take that photo and show it to Chloe to remind her of William)

Didn't leave a mark on the fireplace (sure I'd done this but guess in trying to hide the keys, I undid it)

Overall, I thought it was another good episode but not quite as good as the second. Think it sagged a little in places but it's obviously moving pieces into place for the coming episodes so it is forgivable, and the diner puzzle was very well done to offset that issue.

The ending annoyed me a little, more so that you had no choice in the actions in the bit before in the past. Personally, I didn't want to change what had happened, even though Chloe was starting to be really irritating at the David part.

It's how they'll handle it that'll be the interesting part. How does Rachel Amber now fit into things with William still alive? What about Frank? And what's the purpose of going to the Vortex Club party now? A lot of questions to be answered before you even get back to those from the original timeline. Think they're going to have to be very careful how the handle that and the going back to re-do things with William.

One further point though...

I noticed it while playing but didn't put two and two together but saw someone mention it on another forum, but the scarf that you find in Samuel's cupboard is being worn by Chloe in the new timeline. But it has me thinking whether it might actually be Rachel's scarf or one which Chloe gave to her before she disappeared. Do think that puts him on the suspect list more so now.

But yeah, really enjoying it but the wait for the next episode, especially after how the third ended, is killing me. Guessing it'll hit either the 8th or 15th of July so needs to hurry up.

I noticed it while playing but didn't put two and two together but saw someone mention it on another forum, but the scarf that you find in Samuel's cupboard is being worn by Chloe in the new timeline. But it has me thinking whether it might actually be Rachel's scarf or one which Chloe gave to her before she disappeared. Do think that puts him on the suspect list more so now.

That's interesting.. Didn't notice any scarf, not on Chloe, and not in Samuel's maintenance room. Forgot who he was actually..

But now you mention it, I did notice other strange things in his room, some girly things? I believe there was some teen magazine or something. I found it strange when I found those, but then forgot all about it.

That's interesting.. Didn't notice any scarf, not on Chloe, and not in Samuel's maintenance room. Forgot who he was actually..

But now you mention it, I did notice other strange things in his room, some girly things? I believe there was some teen magazine or something. I found it strange when I found those, but then forgot all about it.

Yeah, I think the scarf was easy enough to miss as I nearly did as I was trying to figure out how to get the squirrel to head back onto the bench, forgetting completely that I could rewind time :indeed:

But when I headed back in, it was on the right hand side right at the door on the floor (left as you were coming out). Was just a little weird, especially as it looked like the one Chloe was wearing in new timeline when you see her at the end. It may well be nothing, as it could simply be something that she left behind before she was kicked out of Blackwell, but with some of the other foreshadowing that went on in the episode (the handicap fund for one thing) I thought it was interesting.

The teen magazines were a bit creepy as well. But like you, I'd forgotten about Samuel which is weird considering he had a sizeable part in the first episode.

We'll see how it pans out but perhaps he knows a bit more about things that have happened as I vaguely remember him mentioning Rachel Amber in the first episode. With the next episode being the Vortex Club party, I think he'll have a bigger part to play in that episode.

Finally getting round to posting what happened in my playthrough of episode 3 the other week.

Main Choices

Left the money (didn't feel right taking it)

Kissed Chloe

Sided with Chloe (Don't think David is to blame for things going on but the way he's going about things isn't right and needs to be put to a stop)

Kept Frank's dog from harm

Frank has David's gun (Didn't even notice this until the stats screen and I looked all over the RV)

Minor Choices

Lisa is dead :(

Didn't help Warren with his exam (with it being known the school was broken into, if it had been changed, think Warren would have ended up in the firing line)

Not on the Vortex Club party list

Didn't change the Vortex Club party list

Erased the cop's answerphone message (think breaking into the school justified itself in the grander scheme of things so no point creating more problems, especially with siding with Chloe)

Helped Alyssa

Didn't warn the homeless woman (again, missed this. Didn't think to go and see her)

Took photo in past (guessing when we go back to re-do our change, we'll get to take that photo and show it to Chloe to remind her of William)

Didn't leave a mark on the fireplace (sure I'd done this but guess in trying to hide the keys, I undid it)

Overall, I thought it was another good episode but not quite as good as the second. Think it sagged a little in places but it's obviously moving pieces into place for the coming episodes so it is forgivable, and the diner puzzle was very well done to offset that issue.

The ending annoyed me a little, more so that you had no choice in the actions in the bit before in the past. Personally, I didn't want to change what had happened, even though Chloe was starting to be really irritating at the David part.

It's how they'll handle it that'll be the interesting part. How does Rachel Amber now fit into things with William still alive? What about Frank? And what's the purpose of going to the Vortex Club party now? A lot of questions to be answered before you even get back to those from the original timeline. Think they're going to have to be very careful how the handle that and the going back to re-do things with William.

One further point though...

But yeah, really enjoying it but the wait for the next episode, especially after how the third ended, is killing me. Guessing it'll hit either the 8th or 15th of July so needs to hurry up.

I had the exact same experience with the fireplace which is annoying, guess I undid and didn't realize.

Saw that earlier today. Great news. Also sales have reached one million!

Just finished the first episode and I'm liking it so far! Apart from some slightly dodge dialogue ('hella good' + 'awesome sauce' =cringe), characters have been interesting... About to fire up the second episode now :)

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Trailer for the 4th episode:

Will admit, little anxious about the episode is going to play out. The ending to the 3rd one while shocking, irked me and others as well. Interested to see how its all going to unfold after that. They're behind schedule on the episodes as well so either they've spent more time making sure this episode is great and going to start putting answers out there or they're hoping to shorten the gap to the next one. I really hope it's both of those cause I have a feeling that wait for the final episode is going to be excruciating.

Trailer for the 4th episode:

Will admit, little anxious about the episode is going to play out. The ending to the 3rd one while shocking, irked me and others as well. Interested to see how its all going to unfold after that. They're behind schedule on the episodes as well so either they've spent more time making sure this episode is great and going to start putting answers out there or they're hoping to shorten the gap to the next one. I really hope it's both of those cause I have a feeling that wait for the final episode is going to be excruciating.

Yeah as powerful as the ending was....

I'm concerned about where they are going to go with it. There is no indication of them trying to reset the timeline. Rather more like you will still be trying to solve Rachel Ambers disappearance in this new time line. There's two comparisions to be be made here...Back to the Future excelled in it's attempting to reset the time line. Whereas Bioshock Infinite seemingly didn't care and you got wrapped up in a civil war in an alternate/parallel timeline and the game seemingly didn't care so much about the consequences to the point where you used a tear to get back to your world you weren't sure. (ultimately it didn't matter but still I heard a lot of critique where people said the game kind of lost them at this point) I hope it's something closer to Back to the Future.

Same, I'm scared of what he meant by that...

Started on the 4th episode today. Will be finishing it tomorrow.

I'm glad they got back to the proper timeline. And Kate, good to see her again and I'm glad they didn't just write her out of the story regardless of her fate to make thing easier. Still think her surviving should have a bigger impact. I didn't even get to ask her what she knows. Maybe it will come later.

WHAT?!!!!!!!

Seeing Chloe die for the 2nd and 3rd time, finding Rachel, getting drugged by that fucker, while ending up in the same situation as Rachel, Kate, and many others before me.. How's that for drama.

Was about to go to bed, but I was wondering why my radio stream was so fucked up, and that was because episode 4 already started downloading at 01:00. So I downloaded and played the episode well before I received the e-mail that it was released.. And now I wait once again.

Major choices:

- I helped alternative timeline Chloe with her request. Was inclined to do it anyway, but was curious about the "don't know" option, but then you have to make a choice anyway. If that's what she wants, who am I to deny her.

- Stopped Warren from beating Nathan. He was pretty cool, but I didn't want him to go overboard, and didn't want him to get in more trouble.

- Talked things out with Frank. Nobody got hurt, and he helped us.

- Victoria believed my warning. She was pretty cool, until her speech came up.. I love her regardless!

Minor choices:

- I let the blue jay die. This is one of those things that simply gets missed by people.. I missed it. Judging from the picture, it had something to do with the opening of the window, but I didn't se any bird.

- Didn't disturb the bird's nest. Another thing I missed, and this time I'm in a large club.. Seems like most people missed this. I was even for the looking for it, as it is one of the pictures.

- Again in the far majority.. I got into David's locker through other means. I wonder how you get the code. I thought it was going to be the year when David and Joyce met again, I forgot the year, but googled it, but apparently that was too obvious. Anyway, I blew a fuse and got the key. I also wonder if there are any other methods

- Kate didn't help me, that was a deliberate choice. She offered, than I rewinded to not choose that dialogue option.. I was afraid that Nathan would find out somehow, and would take care of her even after her suicide attempt.. Couldn't put her at risk.

- Didn't motivate Daniel to go to the Vortex party. Don't know how you would get him to go.. I talked to him, and tried both dialogue options, but he reacted similarly. I wonder if that's a butterfly effect or something, and you can only get him to go to the party if you helped him all previous times.

- Didn't leave a message on Warren's slate. The message is cute, and I like Warren, but I'm not sure if I want to go that way. I am going on that date with him though. Got a lot of flack for that haha.

- Didn't figure out Nathan's pin.. I wonder if there's some logical solution to this, or it's just a lucky pick from the numbers available in the clue. Anyway, I entered the PUK. Though I guess I could have rewinded to try all numbers.

- Didn't help Alyssa. Just like the previous times, it wasn't an issue I wanted to use my power on.

Maybe it's just Chloe's destiny to die.. She dies in the original timeline, the alternative timeline, and now in the current timeline.. Maybe she can be saved in episode 5, but even if you can, I doubt it will come without a cost.

Furthermore, one of the side characters, Courtney, seems to be missing. I'm fearing she's in the same situation I am..

Also, I wonder how large this conspiracy is. Jefferson is now involved, but Nathan still is, and it seems to lead up to his dad. Nathan looks to be more and more a victim of his fucked up situation.

Edit:

Saw that earlier today. Great news. Also sales have reached one million!

I love how this is doind so great by the way.. To think that I blindly pre-ordered this without any previews whatsoever.. I stumbled upon it while browsing Square-Enix' site, and thought "Hmm, looks very interesting!". Glad I did. Hope this success will mean we get more stuff like this from Square-Enix and/or Don't nod. Really like seeing Square-Enix branch out.

Edit 2:

I also think this is the longest episode so far.

Edited by Sméagol

Refused Chloe's request.

Stopped Warren from beating up Nathan.

No one got hurt at Franks.

Victoria didn't believe my warning. I was nice to her in the conversation, but I guess I didn't try very hard to save her...Didn't even bother to rewind. She didn't sound like she was going to be convinced anyway.

Saved the blue jay again. I think that's the third time.

Didn't disturb the nest. I found the nest but put the wooden plank back to hide it.

Got David's file another way, by using a crowbar.

Kate helped me find Nathan's room.

Motivated Daniel to attend the party.

Didn't leave a message on Warren's slate. Missed it.

Figured out Nathan's pincode. It's obvious but not that obvious. It's not any of the numbers, but his birthday, 29th of August.

Helped Alyssa. I said before I wouldn't reveal my power for such little things, but that was just too mean.

Edited by Tales

I was just going to post about that foreshadowing! I personally thought the episode was fantastic.

Yeah that foreshadowing is great, though I missed all of it myself :p.

I thought the episode was great too.. I saw there was a little backlash, but from what I gathered this was only from people for who the story didn't match up to the fan theories. Players who whine about

Rachel being dead.

I didn't read any fan theories before that, so to me everything was just a logical progression of the story.

Although after that I read a theory that

the old homeless woman could be Max.

Would be a nice twist.

Edit:

I love that tweet embedded in the page from that link though haha.

[tweet]626771251537813504[/tweet]

Edited by Sméagol

I had a look at a few reviews of the episode, and a couple (IGN and Gamespot if I recall correctly) seemed to think it had a good opening and ending, but lagged in the middle. In particular

the detective puzzle seemed to be unpopular. I actually really liked it - it held your hand a little bit, but not so much that it felt like you weren't working anything out. Certainly better than the trivial "you connected the evidence!" things in The Wolf Among Us.

Also the rewind of the timeline at the start of the episode didn't go down to well. But I have a feeling that the choice there will be fairly important in episode 5...

Edited by Supergrunch

Finished Episode 1 just now after a very long break from the game.

Some possible choices I've missed completely. And here I thought I read and examined everything. I really took my time :o

It was quite a short episode but very well put together. Perfect as an exposition.

Downloading Episode 2. : peace: