NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Street Fighter V ( PS4 & PC Exclusive )

There's plenty of hype about the game on other forums, it's just this place that's dead.

A story expansion was announced yesterday and will be available to download this Summer for free.

I didn't necessarily mean just here. In general, it doesn't seem to be talked about that much. Maybe I've just not noticed it. Can't wait for it though, think it'll be great. In the mood for another fighter.

I'm not really into my fighters, MK3 I was REALLY into, MK4 I played, but since then it's only been the likes of Powerstone and of course I played the hell out of Melee...

But this has me kind of excited and maybe ready to give a traditional fighter a go again. Been keeping up with Gametrailers hype about it, and watching videos on it. Bravo Street Fighter!

Also if there was a new Marvel vs Capcom I'd probably be all over it.

My original plan was to get a PS4 in February along with SF5 but ended up getting one in December :heh: I'm super excited for this my brothers are too. We've always loved Street Fighter, it was one of the reasons i got a 360 back in 09. Anyhow the wait is almost over!

Whenever we disagreed on anything we'd always settle things with a first to 3 wins match on Street Fighter or sometimes Smash Bros.

We love fighting games so we're extremely HYPE! February starts off with Naruto Storm 4, then we have Street Fight 5 and that's followed by Smash dlc!! (if it's still coming in feb) and not to forget Pokkén Tournament in March!! That's one hell of a ride :D:bouncy::yay:

I'm buying this Day 1! Very excited to have a competitive fighting game to play again :) Melee is my preferred choice but I can't be assed to get a Gamecube + CRT set up sorted.

@Zell, are you still getting this at launch?

Before we crashed I wanted to say how I love the new look for Ken and how street fighter really inspired me to get into Taekwondo and continues to inspire me - small things, like Dudley's footwork and Ken's spins - in fact it was his kicking super move which got me into TKD.

Just a shame I'm not yet ready to get a ps4 - what are the usual specs necessary to run on PC?

Game ordered (PS4) New Fightpad ordered (Ken) Let's do this! (Hyped) : peace:

Before we crashed I wanted to say how I love the new look for Ken and how street fighter really inspired me to get into Taekwondo and continues to inspire me - small things, like Dudley's footwork and Ken's spins - in fact it was his kicking super move which got me into TKD.

Just a shame I'm not yet ready to get a ps4 - what are the usual specs necessary to run on PC?

Can't believe you still haven't jumped aboard the PS4 train yet. What's holding you back?

Can't wait to get this. It's the one I'm looking forward to the most, joint with Uncharted 4.

Can't believe you still haven't jumped aboard the PS4 train yet. What's holding you back?

Can't wait to get this. It's the one I'm looking forward to the most, joint with Uncharted 4.

I was so close at one point last autumn when you and others were expressing joy in having one, but I think I'm just a little daunted by putting so much time in it these days. :hmm:

Will definitely get one when FF15 and Remake7 are out.

Captain Falcon should be in Street Fighter law :p

Wonder if that's the games intro. Looks awesome.

Hope Blanka shows up for old times sake.

I see there are server issues with the game, despite having multiple betas. People are trying to do single player stuff but keep getting server error messages and then getting booted back to the menu. What a mess.

Why in the hell are developers making it so that you need to connect to servers to play a single player part of the game? Just Cause 3 suffered at launch due to this issue and now it looks like Street Fighter is having the same issues.

Remember this?

streetfighter_zpsazy7gfka.jpg

Happier and simpler times.

Why in the hell are developers making it so that you need to connect to servers to play a single player part of the game? Just Cause 3 suffered at launch due to this issue and now it looks like Street Fighter is having the same issues.
It still suffers from it! Admittedly the servers are way more stable now, so it's not as much of an issue. But if you use rest mode the game loses connection and you have to wait for it to connect again. :zzz:

Also, what happens in the future when the servers are gone? Not that many people will care, but this is still a crappy practice that needs to stop. icon13.gif

As for SFV, I'm definitely interested in picking it up, but more than happy to wait for a price drop, even more so after learning of this.

I received my copy early in the post along with my shiny new fightpad, so I played through all sixteen characters which were available to me for use in Story mode. :)

There were no issues for me, though this was on Saturday night though, now that I know there are server issues following its actual release date I may give it a break until it's confirmed that servers are stable again.

Probably jusyt as well, I stayed up until gone 5am playing it on the first night! :indeed:

Such an addictive fighter. :D

I received my copy early in the post along with my shiny new fightpad, so I played through all sixteen characters which were available to me for use in Story mode. :)

There were no issues for me, though this was on Saturday night though, now that I know there are server issues following its actual release date I may give it a break until it's confirmed that servers are stable again.

Probably jusyt as well, I stayed up until gone 5am playing it on the first night! :indeed:

Such an addictive fighter. :D

Is your data still intact?

As with just about every release ever, some retailers have broken the street date for Street Fighter V and as a result, players are already getting stuck into Capcom’s fighter. However, they should be aware that they’re gonna lose their save data.

Speaking to MCV, a Capcom representative explained that Street Fighter V’s servers will be reset this early evening, UK time. All user progress and game data will be lost in the process.

“We’re looking into reports on this matter as we are concerned that consumers playing early will have their game data wiped and all progress deleted due to the server resets taking place prior to launch,” said the Capcom rep. “This is due to take place early evening today”.

So there you go. You have been warned. Whatever progress you’ve made, it’s going to be reverted within the next few hours.

Is your data still intact?

No idea, I didn't realise they were going to reset everything or that it was even such a big issue, I mean if I get a new game in the post early, I'm going to play it. ::shrug:

I only played the story mode though, that's offline so... surely not affected? And if it is... well, I've got the trophies for it so you can't take those from me Capcom! :awesome:

That post said that it was all to be reverted "within the next few hours" so I take it the reset has already happened? I might check later just to see what's there, if anything but thanks for the heads-up! :)

Im just going to wait a few months for the single player stuff to come out and then I'll buy it. Cant be bothered at the moment, especially considering I dont do a lot of online fights in these games.

Just about to start this up Chun-Li HYPE, apparently she's up there with the best in this game. I always picked her regardless of tier but good to know she's good. :D

Im just going to wait a few months for the single player stuff to come out and then I'll buy it. Cant be bothered at the moment, especially considering I dont do a lot of online fights in these games.

Tempted to do this. I really want a new fighter, but the deal-breaker for me is the apparent lack of single player modes at launch. @S\.C\.G. can you confirm this? What is there to do offline?

Gah. It sounds like the actual gameplay mechanics are god-tier, but it's barebones in content.

Tempted to do this. I really want a new fighter, but the deal-breaker for me is the apparent lack of single player modes at launch. @S\.C\.G. can you confirm this? What is there to do offline?

Gah. It sounds like the actual gameplay mechanics are god-tier, but it's barebones in content.

Honestly? There is enough offline content alone to justify purchasing it at launch but it will get so much better over the next few months with all the planned free updates.

Sixteen characters to start with might not seem that substantial when you compare it with the roster of SFIV but additional fighters will be added, additionally the story mode for each of the sixteen characters is three fights with a hand-drawn narrated scene between each; all of these can be beaten in around 10 minutes or less including the scenes, there will be more of a proper story mode released later on down the line but it gives you enough of a background for each currently available character at the very least plus it gives you a chance to learn about the moves and the fighting system. :)

All of the gameplay seemed spot-on to me from around the three hours or so I put into it, also the new fightpad made for the game by Mad Catz is fantastic, I used to have one for the Xbox 360 but this Playstation version is really good and as a bonus you can use it for both PS4 AND PS3 as well! : peace:

Honestly? There is enough offline content alone to justify purchasing it at launch but it will get so much better over the next few months with all the planned free updates.

Sixteen characters to start with might not seem that substantial when you compare it with the roster of SFIV but additional fighters will be added, additionally the story mode for each of the sixteen characters is three fights with a hand-drawn narrated scene between each; all of these can be beaten in around 10 minutes or less including the scenes, there will be more of a proper story mode released later on down the line but it gives you enough of a background for each currently available character at the very least plus it gives you a chance to learn about the moves and the fighting system. :)

All of the gameplay seemed spot-on to me from around the three hours or so I put into it, also the new fightpad made for the game by Mad Catz is fantastic, I used to have one for the Xbox 360 but this Playstation version is really good and as a bonus you can use it for both PS4 AND PS3 as well! : peace:

Apparently there's no CPU versus mode yet? That's pretty much what I want, because I'll be jumping between that and online. (also local multiplayer if @Eenuh fancies playing)

Any news on that? That's the ONLY thing I need because all of the other stuff is there.

I tried the demo at Game... And like SF4, I'm kinda turned off by the blocky feel as opposed to games like Alpha 3 and Third STrike. :/

Apparently there's no CPU versus mode yet? That's pretty much what I want, because I'll be jumping between that and online. (also local multiplayer if @Hero\-of\-Time in the fact that at least in the days of Street Fighter II everything was on the cartridge, sure we got several revised editions, also Street Fighter IV took the biscuit a bit with its multiple versions, I suppose the fighting game genre is ever-evolving to meet with changing consumer market trends as free-to play fighting games which have you buy characters as the year progresses aren't a new thing... recently I wish I hadn't paid money for Killer Instinct Ultra edition even at a reduced price as it became a game for gold - though I don't know if that version had the arcade games included or not -but yes, still simpler times were better for having a full game to play there and then. ::shrug:

All of those Street Fighter games on the Dreamcast are starting to look tempting in comparison despite their reasonable pricetag. :p

March for that apparently, I gather that the content which comes out for the game, especially versus CPU mode will be free, as will the extra characters... which are more like missing characters really... you'll be able to buy a Season Pass to get instant access to the Six "new" characters straight away but you're basically paying to unlock them whereas they will be able to be earned from just playing the game normally; when the game gets updated to include these characters that is.

TL;DR - about a third - I'm guessing - characters at launch, six more in March along with missing modes, substantial story mode in June plus presumably more characters, Season Pass is £25 which probably unlocks all characters to be released for the game this year but you don't need it as you can unlock them all as they game gets updated.

... :blank:

*reads that all back to self*

Yeah... it's still confusing but regardless the core game is good, it just needs padding out... it feels as if it was brought out too soon deliberately so that people have time to play the game and accumulate all the points they will need in-game to purchase characters when they are later added but all the while that Season Pass will be ever-tempting for those who just don't have the time.

I'm with @Hero\-of\-Time in the fact that at least in the days of Street Fighter II everything was on the cartridge, sure we got several revised editions, also Street Fighter IV took the biscuit a bit with its multiple versions, I suppose the fighting game genre is ever-evolving to meet with changing consumer market trends as free-to play fighting games which have you buy characters as the year progresses aren't a new thing... recently I wish I hadn't paid money for Killer Instinct Ultra edition even at a reduced price as it became a game for gold - though I don't know if that version had the arcade games included or not -but yes, still simpler times were better for having a full game to play there and then. ::shrug:

All of those Street Fighter games on the Dreamcast are starting to look tempting in comparison despite their reasonable pricetag. :p

Man, not sure if I can be fucked with all of the waiting around until the game decides to fill itself in.

Super fucking tempted to finally jump in and get Mortal Kombat XL when that's out in a few weeks. It's got all of the DLC there and the game is meant to be pretty good with content, too.

with not even arcade mode on the game there is just no way I can buy this. sorry capcom but I am not rewarding you with my money for such a barebones release.

I love online play yes but nah you cant release a game at full price with literally no single player modes.

I hooked up my dreamcast tonight and enjoyed playing 3rd strike again. gonna play capcom vs snk 2 tomorrow.

once amazon get the Madcatz SFV arcade stick back in stock I think I will buy blazblue over SFV. I am happy to wait till SFV gets fleshed out before laying down my money.

Edited by khilafah