NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Street Fighter V ( PS4 & PC Exclusive )

I've heard the servers are pretty much broken. With this being pretty darn barebones too I cannot justify buying it!

Gutted, as I was looking forward to it!

I've heard the servers are pretty much broken. With this being pretty darn barebones too I cannot justify buying it!

Gutted, as I was looking forward to it!

Honestly, I don't care for this games as a service rubbish one bit. I hated that Splatoon done it and I also hate how this is doing it. I don't care if more stuff is on the way. As a consumer, if i've paid top dollar for the game at launch, then I want a game that is finished/complete and that works. It seems more and more that this is getting too much to ask from developers.

I've got this. The online was not working well at launch but was smooth yesterday minus afew hicups. They got the basics right though the single player side is pretty basic.

Looking forward to all the updates. A story mode is due summer. I guess that should be good for noob types like me.

I must admit, I don't give two hoots about single player. It's all about the multi!

...but when the servers are so shite (I've seen loads of tweets even just this morning that they're still buggered), no thank you!

I must admit, I don't give two hoots about single player. It's all about the multi!

...but when the servers are so shite (I've seen loads of tweets even just this morning that they're still buggered), no thank you!

The online is very good when it works. They are using some top notch code. Its miles and miles ahead of SF4 and MKX in this regard. Last night it felt like playing local to me!

I made some changes to my local network lately and will post regarding that soon. Shaved afew ms off my internal lag.

Edited by Choze

Was going to get it but no arcade mode means no buy. Disgusting!!

The game is bombing at retail and deserves to be. Full price for this is a joke.

Was going to get it but no arcade mode means no buy. Disgusting!!

The game is bombing at retail and deserves to be. Full price for this is a joke.

I had similar feelings towards Battlefront. I was not impressed with the amount of initial content at all and it put me off. Hardly touched it since xmas.

The game is actually pretty damn good, it's just a shame they released it like this for people who wanted single player content.

Personally i got the game for the multiplayer to play with my brother and we're having a good time with it. I love that the focus attacks and whatnot are gone, i could never get them done properly :heh:. The combos feel much easier to do now but the timing is still strict, i like that.

All the characters feel and play different with the V skills / triggers which is good but there's only 16 playable characters...that's my only issue with it atm. I know more are coming but i don't like this 1 character a month thing. Sure, if the character roster was bigger to begin with then it wouldn't bother me.

Yeah there is no way around the content. Its a small game even if well made. Though i expect lots of updates over the years.

This is on sale on PSN for £25, which also includes the season pass! To me, that sounds like a no-brainer. Is there any reason why I shouldn't go for it? Apparently they've added more features now, including the Vs. Cpu mode, which is what I wanted.

I bought this and have only had a brief chance to play. I love it, though! I love the movement, the visuals, the movesets and the options. I'm definitely glad that I've waited and I hope that the game just continues to grow. Yaaay.

I'm really enjoying this, despite the story mode being pretty shiiiiiit. :heh:

It's not really told all that well, but thankfully the gameplay more than holds up.

I'm really enjoying this, despite the story mode being pretty shiiiiiit. :heh:

It's not really told all that well, but thankfully the gameplay more than holds up.

Gameplay is ok but the main problem is how small it is. This season pass should have been in the main game and then some more content! :o

Gameplay is ok but the main problem is how small it is. This season pass should have been in the main game and then some more content! :o

Well, there's a meaty overarching story mode, character specific stories, survival modes, versus modes and online casual play and ranked matches. I think that's pretty decent.

I do think this will be another game that will grow and grow. I'm hoping that this really takes off as the big fighter to own. More characters, stages and modes, please.

New Fighters Network patch has pretty much fixed the shitty network issues as far as I can see. Just got 5 games in a row without any sign of lag or rollback.

Anyone on here still playing this? I'm keen to dish out some beatings/ get whomped myself if anyone is up for it. Kinda would be great to set up a N-E battle lounge and have a mini double elimination tournament.

N-Evo.

@Fierce_LiNk you still on this joint?

I own it, but I haven't played it in a while. I'm trying to get into Overwatch, atm.

What do you think of SFV?

I own it, but I haven't played it in a while. I'm trying to get into Overwatch, atm.

What do you think of SFV?

I think it's great. It's not the best Street Fighter (that title will forever go to 3rd Strike), and you don't have quite as many combo/defensive options as in 4, but in return it's more accessible to newcomers and different enough to make it worth playing.

Capcom made a bunch of tweaks to make sure the game is actually playable online unlike SFIV, like a minimum three frame buffer between move links so you can combo even if there's a little bit of lag, whereas SFIVs 1 frame links were inhuman feats in a zero lag environment, so you could pretty much forget about being able to pull them off online.

A bit feature light, but replayability in a fighter is always going to come from knowing human opponents to face off against.

Might get Overwatch myself tbh.

I think it's great. It's not the best Street Fighter (that title will forever go to 3rd Strike), and you don't have quite as many combo/defensive options as in 4, but in return it's more accessible to newcomers and different enough to make it worth playing.

Capcom made a bunch of tweaks to make sure the game is actually playable online unlike SFIV, like a minimum three frame buffer between move links so you can combo even if there's a little bit of lag, whereas SFIVs 1 frame links were inhuman feats in a zero lag environment, so you could pretty much forget about being able to pull them off online.

A bit feature light, but replayability in a fighter is always going to come from knowing human opponents to face off against.

Might get Overwatch myself tbh.

Get Overwatch, it's great.

I'm doing some work at home because I have no life, but I'll definitely be up for a few games later. I'm megashit though, so don't go in dry, plssss.

Get Overwatch, it's great.

I'm doing some work at home because I have no life, but I'll definitely be up for a few games later. I'm megashit though, so don't go in dry, plssss.

Cool cool. You know your Fighter ID?

I'm on PC, so keen to try out this crossplay business.

Edit: Found a FierceLinkle who mains Mika.

Edited by The Bard