NEurope
Rummy

Super Smash No's : Stock issues

It's just occurred to me that you need a wired set up to play 8 player Smash....

It's just occurred to me that you need a wired set up to play 8 player Smash....

Nope:

- Wii U GamePad (maximum: 1)

- Wii Remote or Wii Remote Plus (maximum: 7)

- Wii U Pro Controller (maximum: 7)

- Nintendo GameCube Controller (maximum: 8)

- Nintendo 3DS or 2DS system (maximum: 8)

Nope:

Yup, plus the GCN adapter also supports Wavebirds (as well as any other GCN controller like the DK Bongos or the Mario DDR Mat ;) ) too, so even if you lack enough of those, you can still stay wireless only like a boss :awesome:

I have a GC adaptor, with anything like that I just make sure I have a preorder down or you stand to miss out.

Apparently more retailers are saying the adapter is discontinued as well as the couple Amiibo. Nintendo is stupidly out of touch, but I have trouble believing they are this crazy to discontinue such a popular product.

Not even used mine yet, so this can only be beneficial to me ifI decide to sell it.

EDIT: Amazon Japan claiming to have new stock on the 22nd

I'm hoping at the moment that we're wrong, and this is just getting lost in translation of the retailers being told 'there's no more supply at the moment' rather than 'ever'.

I must say though as originally stated, I'm suprised this happened, and I can't help but wonder if they did completely misjudge it and just set up the one line to run off what they had - then the worldwide pressures causes further issues(it isn't just here after all).

Really do find it all quite unbelievable at the moment.

Nope:

Oh! I appear to be mistaken. I had heard that the maximum number of wireless controllers that can be synced to the Wii U at any time is 5?

If you do decide I can offer £45 total

You must be mental to think that's a good offer given the going rate

You must be mental to think that's a good offer given the going rate

they are going for about £55, - fees ect to be fair.

Edited by yesteryeargames

they are going for about £55, - fees ect to be fair.

They've been selling for £80 and upwards as of late, but it's meaningless talking about this as I doubt I'll be selling and I doubt Nintendo will seriously let this situation continue.

I have a GC adaptor, with anything like that I just make sure I have a preorder down or you stand to miss out.

If you read the thread you'd know that alot of us who didn't get it had it preordered.

@Rummy.. Just to let you know I finally got an email today saying they would refund me as there is no stock.

@Rummy.. Just to let you know I finally got an email today saying they would refund me as there is no stock.

Same on my end - so strange they said yours was dispatched. I'll be getting back on poor Alex's case, she hasn't really been unhelpful if only a little slow/useless, but I'm gonna make my dissatisfaction heard in their terrible communication. Also gonna mention the fact there's no mention of that £3 amazon's giving out...!

@DuD some folks on SmashUK are saying they had retailers do a similar - say items were dispatched but then actually totally reversed that and cancelled the order.

On the plus side, Nintendo have apparently made an official statement to NintendoLife on the matter to quash the rumours of discontinuation;

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2014/12/nintendo_dismisses_rumours_that_the_gamecube_controller_adapter_has_been_discontinued

@DuD and @Rummy, I just thought I'd mention that whilst they didn't have an adapter on its own I did manage to find a Game & Adapter bundle at my local Smyths (I bought it for myself because I wanted an adapter and my bro wanted the game heh), so maybe if you have one nearby you can get your local store's number and see if they have any? It's a long shot (the guy behind the counter told me that their next supposed shipment had been cancelled), but if you're still searching it might be worth a try!

Anybody found the adapters anywhere yet at all? I've not heard anything about them and checked a few of the classic online sites a few times. Really hoping they'll get these about by the end of January. It's sad as I've had conversations with 2-3 people who have seriously thought about buying a WiiU for smash around the xmas time(money flowing and all) but haven't due to the lack of adapters, and I don't think that enthusiasm will hold into the new year now.

I actually came across these via HUKD earlier in the week whilst trying to find out UK adapter stock status. I believe they're made by MayFlash(who have made the GC-PC usb adapters many used for PC emulation, as well as a common GC-Wiimote adapter too), and it's going to be pretty darn amusing if they actually end up getting these to customers who want them before Nintendo manage to actually get their own adapters out there. Not confirmed whether they actually work yet(and don't ship til a few weeks or so hence that's probably why) but I've faith they do if it's MayFlash genuine.

http://www.play-asia.com/gamecube-controller-adapter-for-wii-u-pc-usb-paOS-13-49-en-70-8h2n.html

Obvs approach with caution, but maybe worth a look-in if you're desperate/wanting.

I thought I could manage without a hard drive but now I have less than 4 gb left. I need to buy one soon. Also, where the hell are the GC adapters? Why is it so hard to produce them? They aren't officially discontinued right?

Quoted you again here as you might be interested.

Did anyone order the 3rd party one from PlayAsia? Did anyone RECIEVE a it? Or anyone managed to find/see official ones anywhere?

I ordered from PlayAsia with a few other bits - they shipped but no adapter, though I did only order like two weeks ago. I google Gamecube Adapter to see if there was any recent word/news, and it came up with seller links including eBay - seems a few people are selling quite a few of the MayFlash 3rd party adapters on there(for ~£25ish) so probs making a little hit of profit off each one.

Interestingly I came across a rather interesting looking deal - a 3rd party adapter and two gamecube controllers for £25! Turns out it's all 3rd party by a different company called ZedLabz - though they're not stocking til Valentines it seems. However they do free delivery on all Uk orders and so I presume they're UK based, if I didn't already have my Play-Asia order sorted I'd give them a punt(might still for a knockoff GC pad).

EDIT:Scratch my previous, seems they got some stock and it's been shipped this morning! If I'm lucky it'll make it over here by Friday and I'll let you all know if it works fine etc. :yay:

Edited by Rummy

Anyone still want the game plus official adapter bundle ?my local had a them for £65 this morning .

I'm set for now but was curious what shop it is?