NEurope
Cube

Suicide Squad (2016)

DC have always played to the strength of the respective mediums. Their cartoons are made to be cartoons; their videogames are made to be videogames; their movies are made to be movies.

It's that kind of thinking that got us Batman: The Animated Series, Young Justice, Batman Beyond; it got us Nolan's Batman, Tim Burton's Batman, those awful Christopher Reeves films everyone loves; it got us Injustice and Arkham Asylum.

Personally I wouldn't want it any other way.

To be honest, after sitting through Age of Ultron's painfully bland story and characterisation, I'd hope more people would be concerned by the story and writing than what characters looked like. I mean, the characters in a film like Inception look boring, but what the fuck does that matter?

Edit: Here are some set shots.

tgCTINx.jpg

k8IEPpf.jpg

uyNZefr.jpg

KyjwvJp.jpg

PxOvw5I.jpg

284C9AFC00000578-3066849-image-m-92_1430743278179.jpg

284C99E200000578-3066849-image-a-97_1430743695620.jpg

rIdJIdR.jpg

InOc3Gg.jpg

pzU87LG.jpg

Edited by Daft

Not a big DC fan, but Harley Quinn looks pretty cool in this.

I don't really have to much of an issue with the looks of the squad except for Captain Boomerang who is an asutralian......but looks like a he's dressed as an eastern european gangster - old track suit from the 90's, grills (cos metal teeth are cool) and then the customary coat, i'm not sure what they were thinking, its like teh squad couldn't afford Captain Boomerang so went out (topgear style) and got his cheaper eastern european cousin, Comrade Boomerang

I've never met an Australian with any fashion sense. It seems right to me :heh:

I was just wondering who is taking all those photos of the Squad on set?

Is that allowed?

I was just wondering who is taking all those photos of the Squad on set?

Is that allowed?

It looks like it's being filmed in an actual street. So these are probably done by some random person in public. Can't really stop them.

I just don't visually like the look at all, its very jersey shore

Contrast that look associated with young men to Batman's grizzled old crime fighter and whilst it contrasts it seems out of place if the Joker is still meant to be Batman's main adversary....It just all comes off very Batman Beyond Joker gang like, a copy cat. Is the Joker going for the young look because he is portrayed as much younger than batman? this is set before Batman VS Superman during Batman's younger days? is the Joker going for the creepy older man clinging to his youth look? or was even this much thought put into the costume design?

and please we get Leto is the eye candy but open shirt to show of the abs and tattoo's?

I hope his acting of the role is excellent enough to make up for a weird design.

He looks like a lesbian in inverted colours.

Definitely looks better than he did in the promo shot, a suit is a must, but I'll reserve overall judgement.

He looks very, very cheap. More like a bad cos-play. Hopefully they do something with the light so it doesn't look so bad.

Also, I thought he wore a silver tie but it is his chest. Christ.

He looks very, very cheap. More like a bad cos-play. Hopefully they do something with the light so it doesn't look so bad.

Also, I thought he wore a silver tie but it is his chest. Christ.

He looks utterly terrible!

I also thought he was wearing a silver tie, I didn't say anything because for fear of being the only one!

Yup his chest, i can just imagine a group of costume designers round a table gushing over Leto deciding his chest MUST be on display, it will draw people in...because thats what the Joker is eye candy! how about no! if the Joker were doing eye candy it would be a sick torture where he replaces eyes for candy on his victims!

I think the terribly hair and mouth make up make him look like a drunk drag act thats just smeared their make up after finishing the act for the night

Comic Con panel:

A trailer was also shown. Why WB has yet to release it on the Internet is anyone's guess.

There is a leaked trailer...and it looks superb. A really different feel to BvS. I'd describe it as pretty sinister. Can't wait.

It seemed rather random? just all over the place for a trailer, monologue by waller, then bits and pieces to try and get all the villains on the screen, then 2 seconds of Leto's Joker, which just seems like some latino gangbanger with green hair

There was a thread on GAF, but i couldn't keep reading, lots of people claiming that in 2 seconds alone Leto was the best Joker, i thought it was sarcasm....it wasn't

They haven't finished filming so I think it's more a reel than a trailer or even a teaser. I just really liked the music they used with it.

Agree with you about the Joker, I can't really make any kind of call on him from those few seconds shown but as a mood-board or proof for tone of voice of the whole thing, I loved it.

I suspect, though I might be wrong, we'll get a more tidied up version around August, with Man from UNCLE maybe.

Edit: super wrong, it turns out.

Edited by Daft

Silly question time.

I'm assuming SvB[noparse]:D[/noparse]oJ is all about the dawn of the justice league (duh). Suicide Squad kind of seemed to be less comic-book-ey than I expected. Is it right to think that they're both in the same universe? I've not read many comic books beyond Miller's Dark Knight stuff so I have no frame of reference here.

They released the comic con early, those beautiful bastards

Leto looks amazing.

I'm really interested in this now. Think Leto's Joker is going to be different, but great. Still a bit unsure as to what the film will be really about, but I like surprises.

I'm really interested in this now. Think Leto's Joker is going to be different, but great. Still a bit unsure as to what the film will be really about, but I like surprises.

I'm surprised they showed as much as they did. They're still filming.