NEurope
Cube

Assassin's Creed Victory

Not really interested in that era or location. I was hoping the series would dial back a few centuries instead too.

Not really interested in that era or location. I was hoping the series would dial back a few centuries instead too.

London? You what m8?

London? You what m8?

Yes, I don't think London is particularly interesting city :p

Hopefully Ubisoft will have learned a few lessons from Unity when this hits. It's quite unusual that this gets "leaked" now, usually details don't emerge until February/March

I've been waiting for this. Too late I am utterly apathetic about the series now. No thanks.

I'm more interested in this than Unity, perhaps i might skip that and wait for this...assuming its good

The rate they're spunking these out makes me physically sick. Do they even enjoy developing the games any more?

I'd be interested if it was more than just a new lick of paint.

Yeah this a deliberate leak given the situation with the current Ass creed parity Sales. The franchise interest seems to be waning fast going by the latest sales.

http://venturebeat.com/2014/12/02/assassins-creed-leak-takes-the-spotlight-away-from-unitys-troubled-launch/

What's the deal with these "screenshots" :/

They arent screen shots. No matter what ubisofts PR department wants you to believe.

Right, that's what I'm getting at. Who buys that these are in-game? Where did this trend arise from? We saw it for Watch Dogs too iirc.

The rate they're spunking these out makes me physically sick. Do they even enjoy developing the games any more?

I'd be interested if it was more than just a new lick of paint.

It's not one studio making each game.

There are two or three studios making them, so each game is taking 3 years to develop.

That's why they vary in quality as well.

I wiki'd their page earlier and saw they had about 8 or 9 developers on the franchise, but I assumed they were just mobile/port developers for some reason. Either way, it seems there is a ton of asset sharing between the releases and not enough emphasis on innovating the core game.

It's not one studio making each game.

There are two or three studios making them, so each game is taking 3 years to develop.

That's why they vary in quality as well.

Yep hit nail on head....apparently this is from the team who did Black Flag and their only previous work on franchise prior to that was AC 3 DLC. They've been working on this since Black Flag went gold, with that widely regarded as one of the better games I think we are in for a winner.

With Unity apparently adding little to the overall story I won't be too bothered about missing it.

Neither did your beloved Black Flag, to be fair. :p

It potentially adds stuff that could be explored in the present day timeline. Also Conor does make some discoveries.

Yeah Black Flag was somewhat separate to everything. But then those kinds of games can be something really special when they throw away a load of the old shit that comes with the series.

Hello Majora's Mask!