NEurope
Sprout

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U Online Meet Up Thread

I'm around at 8pm. If you're desperate for poor fighter to join.

@Sprout I don't think we're friends?

I'm around at 8pm. If you're desperate for poor fighter to join.
I'm desperate for any fighter to join. =P
Shame there's not as much interest in Smash these days though, I was expecting people to go nuts for the new DLC, especially Ryu. ::shrug:
Well, not many people were nuts for playing Smash WiiU online since it came out heh. I'm the one who's been hosting the majority of these matches, and to be honest, it can be pretty draining trying to get people to play when there just isn't much response/interest. There's a bunch of factors that contribute to why this is, but... whatever. All I can do is invite members of a community to play and try to ensure everyone has a fun time. Whether they accept that invitation or not is out of my hands.

Sorry If that response is a bit of a downer. Room is open. Let's play a silly game where you can whack Pikachu in the face with a golden hammer as Link. Everyone is invited as always.

EDIT: Sorry @RedShell, wanted to check I had @Phube added. I did not. Derp.

Edited by Sprout

Thanks for the games @Phube and @Sprout. That was a blast! :D

: peace:

I especially liked the bellows and bouncer matches; ridiculous.

Funny watching you two pro's slug it out whilst I either nip in to annoy you both (or just fall off the stage)!

Good fun though, cheers...

Thanks for taking pity on me and joining me tonight @RedShell and @Phube, heh.

Don't know when I'll next host matches, but I encourage those reading to one day perhaps make a post saying you wanna play some games. Give people a time frame of when your available, or ask when they are available themselves. The worst thing that can happen is nobody replies.. or they reply and say no... or they say yes and cancel later. Given my track record these things aren't exactly unlikely, but people might just hate me, so don't let that put you off. =P

@Sprout:

I've just learned that I will be free for a couple of hours from 7pm most Tuesdays, so if you're looking for someone to play at least once a week here i am.

I haven't played since it released, so I'm gonna be very rusty. I also don't really know very much of the new characters, so it'll take some learning.

I'll try and get on some time this week if you're interested? Will probably be later on in the night though?

I'll try and get on some time this week if you're interested? Will probably be later on in the night though?
Depends how much later "later" is, but I'm a pretty nocturnal guy at times, so as long as you give me advanced notice it likely won't be a problem. I'm sure it won't take you too long to get used to things, and I'll rough you up with the newcomers however much you like. =P

Shame we don't have more of the old Brawl guard kicking about! I see -Dem0- and Calv playing For Glory at times, but neither of 'em have posted on n-e for a while. Did manage to play Calv just after the DLC hit though. His Bowser has gotten even more frightening since Brawl, heh.

Oh, and the Tuesday thing is neato. I'm up for that.

I will try for 10pm-ish tomorrow? I'll post to give warning if I can't make it :)

Sorry for late response @DuD, my PC finally died this morning, so I've been spending my day crying as I try to understand the difference between computers (@RedShell should buy me a new one, his GIFs are responsible probably). But yeah, I'll be there at 10 to play! Unless you cancel, then I'll just... be there. Alone. With no computer. No pressure.

My recordings... my crappy art... my money...

Sorry for late response @DuD, my PC finally died this morning, so I've been spending my day crying as I try to understand the difference between computers (@RedShell should buy me a new one, his GIFs are responsible probably). But yeah, I'll be there at 10 to play! Unless you cancel, then I'll just... be there. Alone. With no computer. No pressure.

My recordings... my crappy art... my money...

Damn, that's too bad Sprout. :(

I always hate buying a new PC as well, too many options! :shakehead

Anyway, if I can tear myself away from Yoshi's Wooly World tonight, I may pop on for a few rounds of Smash at 10. :)

I've got a new custom stage made up, but I'll warn you now, it's kind of... broken. :heh:

Yeah, it can't actually be played on standard Stock rules (as the game would never end :laughing:) and even on time/sudden death it can take quite a while. It works well with stamina battles, but I think I'll work on it a bit more before subjecting anyone else to it.

Don't want to be held responsible for breaking your Wii U as well! :p

As I'll be watching Question Time, and can't Play Splatoon Off-TV, I'll join you from 10:30ish if you need a whipping boy?

Very very sorry @Sprout, I won't be able to make it tonight, not for a while anyway :(

I hope Redshell and Phube were able to meet you.

I will try again tomorrow for sure as i should have much less on :)

Once again Sprout, so sorry.

How can I join..? ::shrug:
You need to add the NNID of the host. at the moment, that's me. If I drop out that might make RedShell the host. Provided you're friends with him, you should be able to join after that. I might wait to see if DuD shows up before I rejoin. Nevermind. =P

EDIT: I could also add your NNID so you can join when I'm host in future games if you like, / nando /.

Also, no need to apologise @DuD. Tomorrow works too! Just name a time when you have one in mind, heh.

Edited by Sprout

You need to add the NNID of the host. at the moment, that's me. If I drop out that might make RedShell the host. Provided you're friends with him, you should be able to join after that. I might wait to see if DuD shows up before I rejoin. Nevermind. =P

EDIT: I could also add your NNID so you can join when I'm host in future games if you like, / nando /.

Also, no need to apologise @DuD. Tomorrow works too! Just name a time when you have one in mind, heh.

I think I might be host but I've not really done this before. I hope my connection is OK and not making it difficult for anyone.

Also, feel free to add my NNID. It's probably about time some old differences were put aside..

EDIT If this lag is my fault, I should probably leave you guys to it :red:

Edited by nekunando

It was still slightly laggy when you weren't playing too, but yeah, your connection seems a bit iffy. :heh:

Great fun as always though everyone, cheers for the games!

BTW, @Phube & @dazzybee, which one of you is responsible for that custom stage. :woops: I'm gonna guess dazzybee. :laughing:

And @Sprout, what did you make of my new stage? MPface.gif

Interesting, huh? :D

Well, it did improve a little when you left, but it remained reasonably stable when you rejoined for a few more matches (sorry for late response, as said, my PC is dead so it's hard to respond right now). I ended up disconnecting during one of the matches after you left too though, so it might have been my connection causing problems! Also, I'll add you next time I turn the Wii U on, for now it's sleepytime.

Anyway, it was a good night overall. I mentioned the old Smash guard earlier today, but it's just as good to see some fresh faces, too!

And Sprout, what did you make of my new stage? MPface.gif

...but I think I'll work on it a bit more before subjecting anyone else to it.

Don't want to be held responsible for breaking your Wii U as well! :p

Oh hey I guess you changed your mind and decided to give it a go you meanie. You're right, it is pretty broken, heh. Coin matches might work for it, as well as Poison Mushrooms/Small Special Smash. Uh, not much else to say other than it's a pretty good likeness and as such kinda terrifying!

Also assuming you're the one messin' with the launch resistance. Which is fine, buuut keep the stock count in mind. Imagine if someone picked Palutena's Temple, we'd have been there for hours. =P

Edited by Sprout

Also assuming you're the one messin' with the launch resistance. Which is fine, buuut keep the stock count in mind. Imagine if someone picked Palutena's Temple, we'd have been there for hours. =P
Nope, wasn't me. :blank: I actually made sure it was set to normal before our last match, having noticed it was taking ages to get KOs on the previous ones. ::shrug:

It was still slightly laggy when you weren't playing too, but yeah, your connection seems a bit iffy. :heh:

BTW, @Phube & @dazzybee, which one of you is responsible for that custom stage. :woops: I'm gonna guess dazzybee. :laughing:

It wasn't too bad at times but there were a couple of occasions where it nearly died completely :indeed: Unfortunately, my wife was browsing on her laptop and my internet was definitely struggling to handle both tasks :hmm:

Sorry for the issues but it was fun to play : peace: Thanks guys!

I'm a child, what can I say :D

You guys are on another level to me. Just had a few games with Dakota and saw you on with a space so thought I'd join you. Great fun. I should join you more often, improve my skills. I should play the game more often actually, love when I do, but rarely put it on.

@Sprout, I'm gonna go on just after 4pm and have a mess around with all the characters. Let me know if you're around and I'll hop online for a step learning curve ;)

@Sprout, I'm gonna go on just after 4pm and have a mess around with all the characters. Let me know if you're around and I'll hop online for a step learning curve ;)
I'll be there at 4pm. I'll try to keep your rustiness in mind. =P

But I'll also keep my resentment of being stood up twice.