NEurope
Sprout

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U Online Meet Up Thread

I still plan on opening a room at 8PM, but if people who want to join me are still struggling to download the DLC they want, I can delay it 'til 9PM. Don't be a dummy like Rummy (I am just the best you guys), and join me for some games of Smash before tonight's Nintendo World Championship!

I still plan on opening a room at 8PM, but if people who want to join me are still struggling to download the DLC they want, I can delay it 'til 9PM. Don't be a dummy like Rummy (I am just the best you guys), and join me for some games of Smash before tonight's Nintendo World Championship!
I'm definitely up for Smash tonight, but the download is being a right pain. So yeah, I won't be on until around 9. :hmm:

Well I have a room open, and I'll give folks 10 mins to join. If there are no takers, I'll open again at 9PM.

EDIT: No takers, so 9PM it is!

Edited by Sprout

I am ready to roll! :bouncy:

BTW, @Glen\-i, noticed you sent me a replay (I assume to record) received it post-update though I'm afraid. :indeed:

At least the YouTube feature will make losing replays a thing of the past. :)

My room is now open! Again! @RedShell and whoever else is knockin' about, come on in!

EDIT: The Treehouse Live pre-show will begin soon, so we'll end it there for tonight. I don't know by heart when E3 presentations are, but I'll try to have a room open tomorrow that has no conflicts (with Nintendo stuff at least)! Good games!

SHIN! SURE YOU CAN! I have no idea how to use Ryu. =P

Edited by Sprout

Some great games tonight, cheers! : peace:

@Sprout, that last fight just now was brill. :) Fighting Ryu as my Mii (and losing, of course :heh:) so surreal. :love:

BTW, @Glen\-i, noticed you sent me a replay (I assume to record) received it post-update though I'm afraid. :indeed:

At least the YouTube feature will make losing replays a thing of the past. :)

Oh no, I sent it to everyone.

Just wanted people to see it.

@Dcubed has recorded my replays already. So no need for you to do that for us.

Sorry I couldn't join in, E3 pretty much means no online Smashing this week.

Well, unless people were up for playing the 3DS version...

Sorry I couldn't join in, E3 pretty much means no online Smashing this week.

Well, unless people were up for playing the 3DS version...

Well my 3DS circle pad gets stuck up and down now thanks to Smash so I probably can't. I'm one of those people that like the 3DS stages more than the Wii U ones though (Spirit Trainnnnnn), so I should probably get it fixed sometime.

I don't know how long Microsoft's press conferences tend to be, but assuming they're 2 hours max I believe theres there's anything going on between 8 and 9pm tonight (unless you plan on watching YouTube Live), so that's a potential gap to play the Wii U. otherwise I guess the earliest to play will be around the weekend! He said all too optimistically.

Well my 3DS circle pad gets stuck up and down now thanks to Smash so I probably can't. I'm one of those people that like the 3DS stages more than the Wii U ones though (Spirit Trainnnnnn), so I should probably get it fixed sometime.

I don't know how long Microsoft's press conferences tend to be, but assuming they're 2 hours max I believe theres there's anything going on between 8 and 9pm tonight (unless you plan on watching YouTube Live), so that's a potential gap to play the Wii U. otherwise I guess the earliest to play will be around the weekend! He said all too optimistically.

Oh my daze! Someone agrees with me about the 3DS stages!

The thing is with DCubed's house is that it goes full on E3 mode during this time. It becomes very hard to play home consoles.

So weekend will be the earliest I can get back to Smashing.

fY0fNyV.jpg?1

E3 is over.

...Time to wait for next year's one.

I'll be back someday!

The latest DLC hit during a busy period for gaming, so I imagine some haven't had much of an opportunity to use it. So this weekend I plan on having a room open at my usual time of 8PM for Saturday and Sunday, and maybe have a 10PM one too if anyone is still hanging around then. Stay home and be a family man/woman this weekend, then proceed to ignore your family to play some games of Smash! As usual, post here if you're available!

---

Also, it's a ways off, but I figure I may as well bring the upcoming Tourney Mode into the conversation, as it may bring in more players. To give everyone a quick refresher, Tourney Mode, planned for an August update (hey, just like Splatoon), will allow players to create and join tournaments. User tourneys appear to follow a league-ish format where the player with the most points over a set period of time wins. Hopefully that won't come down to the winner being whoever plays the most. Let us play a dangerous game and assume for now that that isn't the case.

hUqk9O7.png

The image above shows that you will be able to set all sorts of rules - even more than you can typically set when playing with friends online! As well as the typical Stock, Time and Coin matches, you can also use Special Smash rules! Right now though there's only evidence to suggest that you can only use one type of rule from those options, so don't expect that you'll be able to create a Stamina Mega Bunny Metal Curry Light Fast Angled Smash just yet. You can also alter stage and item selection... overall it appears pretty flexible!

As mentioned, August is a long way off, but I thought I'd post about it so I could see if anyone readin' this is interested in making tourneys a thing. I've said before with Mario Kart that I'm not big on leagues and tourneys, and I don't plan on having tourneys replace regular smashing, but if it brings in more players then I'd like to get the idea right so we have as many people having fun as possible. We throw some ideas around now, solidify things as the update gets closer, and make a big push to get people involved upon release.

To get the ball rolling for ideas, since one person can create two tourneys at a time, if there's only one "league organiser" so to speak, then perhaps it would be good to have one "For Fun" tourney and one "For Glory" tourney running simultaneously. That way you can satisfy both those who like their items and crazy stages and those who enjoy more competitive matches. Having more than one league organisor would allow for more tourneys (and hence more variety) running at once, but runs the risk of diluting the player count (remember, you can only join four tourneys at a time, and players may not want to exclusively join n-e tourneys).

This post was way too long for something that not enough people will be interested in. =P

I've purchased a GC adapter, so I hopefully will get back into smash as I hated using my classic pro.

I've purchased a GC adapter, so I hopefully will get back into smash as I hated using my classic pro.
Good man! I'll use Lucas in our first match, just for you. =P I can't remember whether you liked items or not.

1mNBrmc.png

BTW, your signature is so 2008, pal. Say "Fuzzy Pickles!"

I was bored. I'm sorry.

There's still two more spots available, so if you wanna play, post and participate! And feel free to contribute thoughts on Tourney Mode, too!

Edited by Sprout

Good man! I'll use Lucas in our first match, just for you. =P I can't remember whether you liked items or not.

y9oqZMw.png

BTW, your signature is so 2008, pal. Say "Fuzzy Pickles!"

I was bored. I'm sorry.

There's still two more spots available, so if you wanna play, post and participate! And feel free to contribute thoughts on Tourney Mode, too!

I'd love to get involved in this tonight if still space, what sort of level do you want players to be at? I could be an absolute whipping boy/KO freebie, but if it's just fun and frolics consider me keen!

NNID is Stankind if we're not chums already :)

I'd love to get involved in this tonight if still space, what sort of level do you want players to be at? I could be an absolute whipping boy/KO freebie, but if it's just fun and frolics consider me keen!

NNID is Stankind if we're not chums already :)

Well, I'm, um, pretty good at the game (not tourney player good though). I can't speak for DuD in Wii U Smash, but in Brawl he was a decent player. However, I am always looking to welcome all players, so if you're worried that you may struggle we can turn on the handicap, so the more we win, the higher our percentage is to start with. And if we get four players, then we can do team battles, and you could side with one of us! You should check out my videos in the first post to get a good idea of how things can play out.

Regardless, I've sent you a friend request!

I like the idea, hopefully it isn't a case of whoever's got the most spare time wins.

I'm also hoping that you can set some kind of password so the tourney doesn't end up being won by some bloke who isn't even on the site.

Well, I'm, um, pretty good at the game (not tourney player good though). I can't speak for DuD in Wii U Smash, but in Brawl he was a decent player. However, I am always looking to welcome all players, so if you're worried that you may struggle we can turn on the handicap, so the more we win, the higher our percentage is to start with. And if we get four players, then we can do team battles, and you could side with one of us! You should check out my videos in the first post to get a good idea of how things can play out.

Regardless, I've sent you a friend request!

Well I'd like to have a bash at playing with you chaps, if it turns out I'm just spoiling a perfectly good Smash session by stinking up the place I'm happy to bow out though! :)

But I'll get some practice in and look to join your room at 8, then go from there :)

Neato (don't forget to accept my friend request). Not sure if @Glen\-i wanted to join as he only talked about Tourney Mode, so for now let's say there's still one more space available for my room. I'm gonna be a pal and say that handicap will be turned on to start with and set to auto, but last place will be free to turn it off if they so choose. You've got just over an hour to say you're innnn!

I mean, you could still join after I've opened the room at 8PM. But you could call dibs right now.

Edited by Sprout

I might pop on for a few rounds if there's a space available. :)

Also, that's cool how tourney will allow for Special Smash rules! Definitely up for that. :hehe: Playing that is, not organizing. :heh:

I can't tonight sprout, i got free tickets to Elton John. Soon though :)

I haven't really played SSB4 at all, so I'll probably be a bit shite :D

Happy Smashing :)

I can't tonight sprout, i got free tickets to Elton John. Soon though :)

I haven't really played SSB4 at all, so I'll probably be a bit shite :D

Happy Smashing :)

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

@Kaepora_Gaebora and @RedShell I will be opening my room in a few moments! Anyone else is free to join... I may be able to convince my bro to play with us if enough time passes (don't worry, he's not as good as I am).

EDIT: If I leave the room that means I'm creating a new room to accommodate my brother, so keep that in mind!

Edited by Sprout

@Sprout not sure if that disconnect was my fault or not? May well have been as I went straight back to the main menu...so I'll bow out there so no more of that for you guys to deal with!

Great fun though, thanks to you and @RedShell for the games, even if I did get a bit of a beating! Mind you, nothing more satisfying than winning a round when you've been KO'd and are waiting to come back in, only for both of your opponents to knock each other out!! :D

Some funny moments in there too, would like to play more often once I've trained up a bit :)

It was good to have you @Kaepora_Gaebora, glad you enjoyed yourself and hope your connection gets sorted!

Edited by Sprout

Well, I'm, um, pretty good at the game
Can't say that any more after tonight. =P

If anyone posts showing their interest before 10PM I will open a new room, but otherwise, tonight was fun, and I will be opening a room again tomorrow at 8PM, so post if you're interested in that, too!

and I will be opening a room again tomorrow at 8PM, so post if you're interested in that, too!
I should be about. :)

Shame there's not as much interest in Smash these days though, I was expecting people to go nuts for the new DLC, especially Ryu. ::shrug: