NEurope
Sprout

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U Online Meet Up Thread

The room is now open, so cmon in, @Glen\-i, @Dcubed and @RedShell!
Just doing the update.

That was certainly an interesting Smash session. :D Cheers guys! : peace:

But yeah, my eyeballs can't handle anymore right now. :heh:

Oh, and I'm gutted that I didn't save the replay of that awesome custom spring stage (where I was being annoying with Pikachu's taunt :grin:) luckily I was capturing though. ;)

Edited by RedShell
Automerged Doublepost

ARGH!!!! WHY DIDN'T WE SAVE THAT LAST REPLAY!?!?!? That "Bowsercide" was amazing!!!

Great matches though! All Gifworthy, right from the start! : peace:

@Sprout, please tell me you saved that last match on Pilotwings.

@Dcubed mashed start like a dope and didn't let me save it.

Could you please send that to me? I want to show people.

My word, the comedy of tonight was in an entirely different league tonight! So many glorious moments!

Many thanks to the two of you! Great fun!

Chill guys, I got it. I'll send it to you tomorrow. =P

Methinks that went well! Glad you guys came up with some neat things for the Super Sudden Death rules.

Mmm, dat Blue Falcon triple KO.

Mmm, dat Blue Falcon triple KO.

The reaction DCubed and I did with that was hilarious!

You wouldn't think someone could get so hyped over getting KO'd. That's what I love about Smash, even the losses are fun!

Put together a vid of last night's shenanigans (rather than make millions of GIFs :heh:). Left the last fight on Final Destination intact though, just because it's so goddamn epic:

: peace:

Great stuff, vid is pretty much perfect! : peace: Last night was honestly a time where you could use the words "epic" and "fail" in the same sentence and it actually wouldn't be hyperbole :laughing:

Just a shame that you weren't around long enough for me to get to select my other custom stage I made. We kept trying to select my custom stages when we switched the rules back, hoping that we'd get a chance to play them all - and of course, we would get it right after you left :p Would've made for a brilliant addition to the vid, but ahh well. The fight it ended on was purely epic anyway! :D

Fantastic video!

So many moments to point out! So I won't say much, but I love what you did with Ness! Made me spout Lucozade out of my nose. Which hurt like hell!

SdPq0Li.jpg?1

He's almost here! Huh?

...Ah! No, It’s nothing… I just…

Thought I saw something…

Are you looking forward to Sunday's Smash Mini Direct? Well before that, you should probably know that just like when Mewtwo was added to the game, the update that will come on Sunday is likely going to erase your saved replays! If there are any you want to hold on to, you should record them before Sunday, or send your replays to someone who can record them for you. Just ask @RedShell, he probably has nothing better to do at this time of year anyway (also I forgot to mention at the time that the video above was neat. There, I broke our shtick for a moment and gave you a compliment, cherish it forever) nope, you can't have this anymore, I'm taking it baaack.

Anyway, if anyone wants to play Smash instead of Splatoon I might just open a room tonight, tomorrow and Sunday at my usual 8pm UK time. I might even turn on customs for Saturday, so be prepared for that. Who am I even addressing right now? Who needs to be prepared? I could post anything I want and not many people would notice! Not that I would, though.

Whenever I come across an automatic door, I always make arm gestures as it opens because I like to pretend I opened it with magic.

Edited by Sprout

Whenever I come across an automatic door, I always make arm gestures as it opens because I like to pretend I opened it with magic.

Good for you!

Next time you do so, you need to shout out an incantation while you do so.

You have to COMMIT!

As the only person in the entire world who doesn't like Splatoon, I would definitely be up for Smash!

I've been playing it like mad lately! (7 challenges to go!)

Anyway, you're not gonna see me post irrelevant tidbits.

I am the most boring person to talk to over the phone. Normal conversations, I'm full of energy, but phones. Nope.

It's so bad, @Dcubed can pretty much predict what I'm gonna say next with 80% accuracy.

Edited by Glen-i

SdPq0Li.jpg?1

He's almost here! Huh?

...Ah! No, It’s nothing… I just…

Thought I saw something…

Are you looking forward to Sunday's Smash Mini Direct? Well before that, you should probably know that just like when Mewtwo was added to the game, the update that will come on Sunday is likely going to erase your saved replays! If there are any you want to hold on to, you should record them before Sunday, or send your replays to someone who can record them for you. Just ask @RedShell, he probably has nothing better to do at this time of year anyway (also I forgot to mention at the time that the video above was neat. There, I broke our shtick for a moment and gave you a compliment, cherish it forever).

Anyway, if anyone wants to play Smash instead of Splatoon I might just open a room tonight, tomorrow and Sunday at my usual 8pm UK time. I might even turn on customs for Saturday, so be prepared for that. Who am I even addressing right now? Who needs to be prepared? I could post anything I want and not many people would notice! Not that I would, though.

Tis a shame I'm out all these eves, with little end in sight. I finsih work at half 9 sunday though likely to be home by 10pm and could jump on for a quick Smash if anyone's still going then? I'd Skype it up if any folks wanted to, too, but they probably don't.

My point isn't irrelevant, but I haven't played Smash in months.

Good for you!

My+favorite+_e0bd765f0447b5e6e89483258e025903.gif

Oh no. They noticed.

My lousy reputation

drops even lower...

When I go shopping, I try to fill my trolley as if I'm playing a game of Tetris. I always leave a gap between lines as I stack though, because I think that if I complete a row that food will disappear and I'll have to walk all the way back to get more bread.

Tis a shame I'm out all these eves, with little end in sight. I finsih work at half 9 sunday though likely to be home by 10pm and could jump on for a quick Smash if anyone's still going then? I'd Skype it up if any folks wanted to, too, but they probably don't.

My point isn't irrelevant, but I haven't played Smash in months.

Well Sunday is also when they're streaming the Nintendo World Championship, so 10pm might be difficult (The event starts at 11pm, but there's also a Treehouse Live pre-show at 10:20pm). As Lucas etc. will be released shortly after the Smash Mini Direct however, I'm crossing my fingers that people will be sticking around for a while, so people might still be playing by 10pm. If we get people wanting to play that day at all that is. =P

I think that Rummy is a jerk for not sharing an irrelevant personal tidbit. He won't notice if I say it here, but don't go blabbing to him.

Edited by Sprout

Just a warning, if I disappear unusually early (before 11 or so), it's because DCubed has decided to join in. So keep that in mind.

I'll probably be back.

EDIT: I'm done. Man, I just blow chunks on 1vs1.

You're clearly on a different level to me. And after a while, it just got embarrassing. Well, despite how insanely one-sided the matches were, I hope they were at least entertaining.

Maybe next time, we try and get more people around, eh?

Edited by Glen-i

To @Glen\-i and anyone else who may wish to join, my room is open, so come on in!

EDIT: I'm done. Man, I just blow chunks on 1vs1.

You're clearly on a different level to me. And after a while, it just got embarrassing. Well, despite how insanely one-sided the matches were, I hope they were at least entertaining.

Maybe next time, we try and get more people around, eh?

Ehhh, you won some, don't be too hard on yourself. If you think it's too tough, feel free to put the handicap on next time.

And as for getting other people in, I don't know what I can do heh. I made a post inviting folks over six hours in advance and the thread was on the front page of the forums the entire time, so it's not like Splatoon or the MK League covered it up or anything. People just didn't feel like posting/playing today. Hopefully tomorrow and Sunday will be different!

Anyway, customs will be set to on for at least the first matches tomorrow, so anyone reading this should make some customised characters! Or just choose a random set up. I'll probably be doing that. =P

RedShell is a dumb dumb who ignored me today and played Art Academy instead, so I take my previous compliment back. You can no longer cherish it, RedShell.

Edited by Sprout

Ahh just shortly in, far too late so shall splatoon! Can you have 2 people on one console in friends online? I am tempted to get an eve together next week but may have smash company on one too...

Ahh just shortly in, far too late so shall splatoon! Can you have 2 people on one console in friends online? I am tempted to get an eve together next week but may have smash company on one too...
You can have two people on one console, yes. Glen-i and Dcubed do this pretty often. And, uh, I'm still around. Not... not lonely or anythin'...

Coming for a couple then!
I've opened a room. If you prefer any rules in particular let me know (items, etc).

EDIT: Aaand we're done. I had the fun times. Though, er, I forgot you said you haven't played Smash in months, so maybe I should have held back a bit. My bad. =P

Edited by Sprout

RedShell is a dumb dumb who ignored me today and played Art Academy instead, so I take my previous compliment back. You can no longer cherish it, RedShell.
I didn't ignore you, just forgot/was slightly intoxicated. :heh:Art Academy is fun when drunk. ;)

Sorry, I is a dumb dumb. :grin:

I've opened a room. If you prefer any rules in particular let me know (items, etc).

EDIT: Aaand we're done. I had the fun times. Though, er, I forgot you said you haven't played Smash in months, so maybe I should have held back a bit. My bad. =P

Nah it's cool. You were beasting it but I like to get my ass kicked so I can get better anyhow. I'd like to say i'd have been better were I not under the influences but tbh I'd just be making excuses :p You're really on it!!

I didn't ignore you, just forgot/was slightly intoxicated. :heh:Art Academy is fun when drunk. ;)

Sorry, I is a dumb dumb. :grin:

Nah it's cool. You were beasting it but I like to get my ass kicked so I can get better anyhow. I'd like to say i'd have been better were I not under the influences but tbh I'd just be making excuses :p You're really on it!!
I've never drank alcohol and whatnot, so I can't really say I understand how you drunkards feel. =P

Anywho, going to open a room in Smash in about 20 mins (8PM UK) as promised yesterday. Customs will be on to begin with (I've personally made custom characters with altered moves but no equipment as a potential handicap), but can be turned off later if people want them off. Not seen anyone say they're up for it tonight, so if nobody joins about 10 minutes after I open the room I'm just going to close it and try again at regular intervals. I'll keep my eyes on the thread every 15 mins or so for a while though so just post if you wanna catch my attention when I haven't got a room open.

Will be a sweet bonus if we get more than Lucas and the Miiverse stage tomorrow, huh? No, my money, come back to me...

Online (just for a few games) now. :)

*EDIT*

Great laugh as always, cheers for the games @Sprout. : peace:

Man, that self destruct I did as Little Mac. :laughing: Be sure to get that replay recorded before the update hits. ;)

Edited by RedShell

RedShell has left, but I'm still hangin' about. I'll be checking the thread periodically over the next hour or so, so if you be wantin' some Smashin' tonight, just let me know here!

Dat Wario vs. Little Mac (vs. Ridley) match). I'mma recordin' that right now.

I was thinking about it for when I get in but I'm bit too drained from a late night and today's shift for smashing. Gonna idly splatoon it up instead.