NEurope
Sprout

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U Online Meet Up Thread

I'm on now :)

Have created a room, feel free to join!

Good games, sorry I couldn't stick around much longer once Rummy had joined. Bloody hell 4 player can get hectic!

Yeah, I wasn't on for long myself tbh. Sorry I left so suddenly Sprout - I keep forgetting to make a 'last smash' taunt.

Handicap really balanced it out imo, as Red and Sprout would normally give me quite the beating. Enjoyed it being time and hidden damage counters though. My highlight of the night was my early, totally unintentional, three-man no.9! I'd honestly done it as such a throwaway and did not expect that! Some excellent bits elsewhere too, I think I got caught in the middle of TWO falcon punches and got my shield up only just in time!

Out of interest - what's the deal with customisations? Red/Sprout turned them on after you left mr-paul and I was with Palutena but she had all different moves, though I haven't done any customisations or mii fighters yet - is it a random or default 'alt' for general customisations? Didn't seem to be the same for a match after where I was lucina(she seemed to have all of marth's usual moves).

So now I've got this I'll need to add a bunch of you guys and get some games going. Though saying that I'm utterly terrible at the moment as I haven't yet got a handle on the Pro Controller compared to a good old GC pad, but I'll do my best :p

Out of interest - what's the deal with customisations? Red/Sprout turned them on after you left mr-paul and I was with Palutena but she had all different moves, though I haven't done any customisations or mii fighters yet - is it a random or default 'alt' for general customisations? Didn't seem to be the same for a match after where I was lucina(she seemed to have all of marth's usual moves).
Pretty sure you need to create a customised character in order for their moves to change, so not sure what happened with your Palutena. :hmm:

Anyway, good games last night everyone. icon14.gif

I'm probably not going to be playing online much/at all over Chrimbo ('tis the season for local multiplayer Smash! :santa::hehe:) but will definitely be back for regular battles in the new year!

: peace:

Hmm yeah was very confused really. Having said that I'm sure I read a few of the post of the days mentioned some might default alt to different moves, and I'm sure I recall seeing that neutral+b I was doing with Palutena in said post - might go trawling.

Similar to RedShell it's unlikely I'll be on much in the coming week or two, I'm essentially non-stop busy from about 3 this afternoon until Boxing Day morning! Dunno if I'll get much time to sit down for online smash instead of sleeping :p

When you play with customisations turned on you have to either set them up before the match, play with the default characters or select random and let the game decide which special moves and stats you get.

Does no-one play this game >11pm.... :(

I'm usually on past 11pm, post a message in the thread and I'll join you :)

Oh, my NNID is Gizmo54 : anybody who fancies some games feel free to add me, I'll add a few of the active names from this thread later on :)

I've just sent friend requests to everyone in Sprout's opening post and Gizmo :)

Hey guys, I'd like to join your little Smash Bros shindig you've got going on here: DocChaos007.

Used to be a frequent flyer here with Brawl 4years ago, I can still vividly remember how Sprout kicked my ass with every char in existence :D

Used to be a frequent flyer here with Brawl 4years ago, I can still vividly remember how Sprout kicked my ass with every char in existence :D

Well, some things just never change, do they? He's pretty fantastic at Smash from the many hilarious matches he and I and others have had.

BTW anyone know how to get cheap GC controllers somewhere? Really hard to come by for under 20 euros tbh...

Who be adding me? You be adding me you be telling me! Pls? Always worth a mention and a return NNID here just so I don't get too confused who's who on the ol' friend list.

Now that I finally have internet turned on in new house going to be taking my first venture into online Smash Wii U since getting the game....likely to get my ass handed to me, hopefully some N-E peeps will be online to hand my ass back to me :heh:

Now that I finally have internet turned on in new house going to be taking my first venture into online Smash Wii U since getting the game....likely to get my ass handed to me, hopefully some N-E peeps will be online to hand my ass back to me :heh:

Hey.. you fancy a game tonight? I have been really enjoying both the Wii U and 3DS version recently so wouldn't mind seeing if I've managed to get any better at Smash Bros* :smile:

* I haven't!

Hey.. you fancy a game tonight? I have been really enjoying both the Wii U and 3DS version recently so wouldn't mind seeing if I've managed to get any better at Smash Bros* :smile:

* I haven't!

Sure what time?

I'm likely fairly poor so I might make you think you got loads better :D

Sure what time?

9pm, my good man?

Other combatants are welcome : peace:

Myself and Nando are online now if anyone wants to join

Myself and Nando are online now if anyone wants to join

..and we were just as bad as each other :heh:

The connection was great, though, and I look forward to some 4-Player battles in future :hehe: