NEurope
Sprout

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U Online Meet Up Thread

Didn't hear anything so I put on Kingdom Hearts. I'll just reach a save point and then play Smash for an hour ok? Maybe a longer session tomorrow if we can get four people?

Given the userbase on the forum I always try to use British time so not to confuse anyone ;)

Sent you a friend request, you weren't on my list. :hmm:

Anyone else playing?

Good games @\-Dem0\- and @Phube. :bowdown:

What the hell was with all of those Pokéballs though!? :heh: Did one of you change the item frequency?

Good games @\-Dem0\- and @Phube. :bowdown:

What the hell was with all of those Pokéballs though!? :heh: Did one of you change the item frequency?

I did that when I could. I love Pokemon battles :p

You're way to good at this game! I was going to quit earlier because it got kinda one-sided one on one, when demo and phube turned up I stuck around for a few more matches.

Fun custom stage you have.

Had a few games online earlier and it seems like my lag issues are sorted. I was still on a wireless connection despite having set up a wired one. It's definitely set to wired now and completely lag free :)

Jumping online now if anyone's up for some games... :blank:

@Sprout, not seen you online in a while, you still play this? :hmm:

*EDIT*

Cheers for the games, @Calv. :)

You're clearly on another level compared to me, and I remain incredibly impressed with how well you can play as Bowser. :o

Not sure about the no items thing that you're into (although most of our matches were with items, thanks to me choosing the rules ;) not that they helped me much :heh:) but yeah, was good fun.

: peace:

Edited by RedShell

@Sprout, not seen you online in a while, you still play this? :hmm:
Yeah, sorry about that. I've actually been rather ill for the past 3-4 weeks, but this week has been really bad, pretty much bedridden. I think I've gotten past the worst of it now, though.

Anyway, I'll be on at around 9pm tonight! Maybe! Probably! Hopefully!

Yeah, sorry about that. I've actually been rather ill for the past 3-4 weeks, but this week has been really bad, pretty much bedridden. I think I've gotten past the worst of it now, though.

Anyway, I'll be on at around 9pm tonight! Maybe! Probably! Hopefully!

Sorry to hear that, Sprout. :(

I'll be heading online in a few minutes, if you're up for some games. :)

Well Sprout.. Ill or not, you still know how to win. That was a few fantastic games, even though I can tell that my "skills" are on a downhill track. Too many games to play, and not enough time to get good!

There were a few "WTF?!" moments tonight, and all of those bees... The BEEES!!!! And the cucco's XD. That game was fantastic! Everyone running towards the nearest cucco instead of doing any fighting :P.

Hope you're up for some tomorrow as well ;). Let me know!

And hope you get better in a jiffy Sprout.

@Sprout, that Dr. Mario vs Sonic match with nothing but the bumper item... :heh:

...I actually cried my eyes out laughing. :laughing::bowdown:

Absolutely brilliant. :hug:

There were a few "WTF?!" moments tonight, and all of those bees... The BEEES!!!! And the cucco's XD. That game was fantastic! Everyone running towards the nearest cucco instead of doing any fighting :P.
Another classic. :D

Messing with the item availability/frequency is pretty damn fun. :)

I'm definitely up for more games tomorrow, oh... today. :hehe:Time for bed. :zzz:

: peace:

I finally got the video done! Yay! It probably wasn’t worth the wait at all!

I may reupload the video again at a later date with the player names attached somehow, but for now you’ll just have to take my word for it when I say that the following members are in this video:

@\-Dem0\-

@Glen\-i

@Mr\-Paul

@Nintendo Fan

@RedShell

@Tales

@The Peeps

And of course, as player 1, meeeee! You know, looking at this video after saying I'm player 1, I sure did have a lot of clips where I got KO'd... It makes me look like a terrible player! At least it also shows that I'm not bad at getting the Daybreak item. =P

Hopefully I'll be able to make another vid in the future. If you want that to be a possibility, then do your bit and keep on smashing!

Superbly edited vid, @Sprout. :bowdown: Loved it. :yay:

I really do hope you'll make more, and also hope it'll get more people on here playing the game. : peace:

So when do you guys tend to Smash? I'm out this eve and at a wedding tomorrow, but I foresee being in for most of Sunday if anyone's keen to play online. Be interesting to see how well I stand up/fall down against you guys.

Do you guys tend to play with specific rules too btw(no items, stock, time...coinlol)?

EDIT:Whoever that Ludwig was, brilliant work <3

Edited by Rummy

Amazing stuff @Sprout Totally worth the wait! :bowdown:

And you ended with the best bit and all! (I was there when it actually happened and it's still just as funny as the first time I saw it :laughing: )

If you wanted a summary of why Smash is amazing, just watch that vid! :D

That video makes us all look so amatuerish! I love it!

Superb work, @Sprout!

And I love how I get the last embarrassing spotlight.

Thanks for all the compliments on the video, pals. Of course, it wouldn't be possible to make it without you as the players!

So when do you guys tend to Smash? I'm out this eve and at a wedding tomorrow, but I foresee being in for most of Sunday if anyone's keen to play online. Be interesting to see how well I stand up/fall down against you guys.

Do you guys tend to play with specific rules too btw(no items, stock, time...coinlol)?

EDIT:Whoever that Ludwig was, brilliant work <3

The popular time seems to be 8PM UK time (9PM on Thursdays due to the Mario Kart League), but you could possibly rustle up some players at a different time if you mention a time here, provided it isn't something like, "Gonna play right now join me I'm so spontaneous guyyyys!" (By the way, sorry @Kaepora_Gaebora, I'm sure we can arrange a game for you if you couldn't get anyone to play with you earlier!)

Rules can be all over the place, especially when RedShell is in the group, but the typical game is a 3 stock match, with items usually on, depending on who is in the room and whose item settings the game chooses each match. Personally I'm okay with most sorts of rule sets, but if you wanted to play a specific rule set I'm sure people will accommodate provided you let people know here your wishes in advance.

As for testing how you'll stack up, if you want one of those no items 1-on-1 "For Glory" type challenges, well, off the top of my head Calv and -Dem0- are a good bet, but they don't like posting in this thread for whatever reason (I worked so hard making this a nice place you guys why won't you acknowledge meeeee?!) You may have to settle for little ol' me if you can't get them. =P

Oh, and the Ludwig was meeee. I like crouching with the Koopalings. Luigi too, or anybody who can crawl or scurry about.

Me and Glen-i will be playing Smash Wii U online at around 8PM. Feel free to jump in around that time! : peace: