NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Graham182

Wii Mode problem

Wasn't sure where to ask this, did a search to see if it had already been discussed but didn't find anything (although I would imagine with enough rooting I'd've found something)

I just bought a Wii U yesterday, set up the day 1 update overnight, all sorted. Anyways, the issue is Wii mode, I have audio and visual on the gamepad, but only audio on the TV, TV isn't going into standby mode, so it is getting something, but only a black screen showing (and I'm not in gamepad only mode :wink: )

Is there a welcome thread/topic? Nintendo fan since the original Gameboy days, first console was a mega drive, sorry :hmm: followed by an N64, Gamecube, Wii, and now Wii U, and DS, DSi & 3DS :yay: (3ds got traded in against the Wii U in prep for the "New"3DS coming out, although, I've a buddy visiting from Australia at xmas... :hehe: )

Thanks for any help anyway, expecting it to be a call to customer support though :shakehead

Wasn't sure where to ask this, did a search to see if it had already been discussed but didn't find anything (although I would imagine with enough rooting I'd've found something)

I just bought a Wii U yesterday, set up the day 1 update overnight, all sorted. Anyways, the issue is Wii mode, I have audio and visual on the gamepad, but only audio on the TV, TV isn't going into standby mode, so it is getting something, but only a black screen showing (and I'm not in gamepad only mode :wink: )

Is there a welcome thread/topic? Nintendo fan since the original Gameboy days, first console was a mega drive, sorry :hmm: followed by an N64, Gamecube, Wii, and now Wii U, and DS, DSi & 3DS :yay: (3ds got traded in against the Wii U in prep for the "New"3DS coming out, although, I've a buddy visiting from Australia at xmas... :hehe: )

Thanks for any help anyway, expecting it to be a call to customer support though :shakehead

Welcome! : peace: I'm sure that I remember there being a welcome thread somewhere, but I can't seem to find it anymore for some weird reason... :confused: )

As for your problem... Hmm... I've never seen that happen before... :hmm: Is the console displaying properly on the TV in Wii U Mode? Also, how have you got the console hooked up? HDMI? Component? Composite/Scart? (I hope not! ;) )

It shouldn't be any sort of issue with your TV being incompatible, since the Wii U is upscaling the Wii visuals to 1080p before they get displayed on your TV - but maybe there's some sort of HDMI HDCP handshake issue messing things up? Have you had any problems with HDMI signals on your TV before? (While you're at it, have you tried using the Wii U on a different TV?)

Oh and nice to see someone else eying the Australian version of the New3DS - as I'm eagerly (and impatiently!) awaiting my own one to arrive from Play Asia ;)

Either way, welcome to N-Europe! :D

If I'd bought a xl 3ds at the time I probably wouldn't be too pushed changing to new3ds, but knowing my luck the games I want will be new3ds exclusive, so might as well upgrade :yay:

I will try it on the living room tv alright, its on a hdmi pc monitor, pc connected by vga, and ps3 or wii u by hdmi, also have a surround sound with 3 hdmi inputs and 1 output, but behaves the same way either connected through the surround sound or direct to monitor.

And wii u mode behaves perfectly.

So, yeah, works on the TV but not the hdmi monitor. And wii u mode does work on the monitor. Weird.

Sign in to follow this