NEurope
Serebii

The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D

Does anyone know if it's true that the reverse Song of Time no longer slows the pace as much as it did in the original? I thought the 2nd and 3rd dungeons seemed a little bit harder to clear within the time limit than when I played it on GameCube a few years ago.

The panic was real for me yesterday. I started the Great Bay Temple during the 2nd days afternoon, then got to the boss door a little after 12am on the Last Day... Remembering how fairly easy it was to defeat Gyorg on the original, I thought I could actually do it - but nah!! The changes threw me off, especially the last segment of the battle.

With a few seconds left before moonfall, I let the little fishes eat my health away, which took me back to the entrance of the temple then song of time'd it.

What I found to be a relief was the fact that I could warp to the boss lair even though I was yet to get its remains previously. Quality.

However, now sadly must admit Im bored of the game. I don't have the energy to complete the whole Ikana Well-Graveyard-Castle-Temple portion.

My Skull Kid statue (from buying Ambassador New 3DS and registering Majora's Mask 3D) turned up today. Had no contact prior to an email from Hermes saying I had a parcel on it's way today.

My Skull Kid statue (from buying Ambassador New 3DS and registering Majora's Mask 3D) turned up today. Had no contact prior to an email from Hermes saying I had a parcel on it's way today.

Oh interesting. I do wonder if I'd get that. My CN account and my UK Store account are different addresses so I'm not hopeful.

Just had three skull kid statues turn up for the three ambassador systems in the family, despite only ordering one copy of Majora from Nintendo between us and none of us having registered it either. Lucky to have got three, but also lucky they turned up at all. All three were incorrectly addressed, with just the house number, city and postcode, no street name. If they've all gone out like that the couriers have a lot of extra work to do.

I'm still taking things slowly. I just got the Goron mask and the Goron's Lullaby. Also made the detour to get the bunny hood.

I'm using a New 3DS XL and I have the framerate dropping all the time.

Have to agree with this, the framerate drops pretty heavily on a number of occasions. To anyone else, trying cutting down the grass as a Zora outside the spider hut/fisherman's place in Great Bay. Framerate drops ahoy.

I've now done the third dungeon and I'm doing a lot of the sidequests. Still loving this, still my second favourite game of all time. The effort they put into giving life to the NPCs is something they really should do again. Reliving the same 3 days is also one of the best game mechanics ever.

I haven't had any framerate drops at all, playing on Old 3DSXL.

I have half the masks now, just got the Zora. Really liking it. I don't remember much from my first playthrough of this 14 years ago so it feels like playing a new game.

I haven't had any framerate drops at all, playing on Old 3DSXL.

Are you playing with the 3D off? Do you have wireless on?

With a new 3DS I'm getting framerate drops really often now. It's making the horse racing almost impossible to do.

However, now sadly must admit Im bored of the game. I don't have the energy to complete the whole Ikana Well-Graveyard-Castle-Temple portion.

Thank goodness for that - I thought it was just me. I loved the first half of the game - Woodfall, Snowhead, then Romana Ranch. Then got to Great Bay and... it's actually tedious. I'm at Ikana now, with just the dungeon to do, and I'll be glad to be done with it.

As a bit of a back story, this is the 3rd version of Majora's Mask I've had - N64, GameCube and now 3DS. I most enjoyed it on GC, funnily enough, even with that awful glitch - I suppose I was just "in the zone" then. When I played the original in 2000, however, although I was impressed, it did give me a "Games are a waste of time" feeling. Soon after I sold my N64 and everything with it. Unbelievably, this 3DS version is now making me think the same about my 3DS! Even though I enjoyed OOT, MM is making me think "I don't need to play this or OOT again."

Majora's Mask isn't overrated. I do "get" it - I just think its genius has always been tempered by its structure. As much as this remake fixes, it remains a very arduous game.

I've been FAQ'ing the hell out of this game sometimes. Mainly for dungeon fairies as sometimes I can't be bothered to resort to the constant on/offing of the Great Fairy Mask.

I've just started the Stone Tower and don't have several masks. Well, some without having to guide them.

These framerate issues make me worry slightly, but not putting me off enough. Really getting tempted by the game, but holding off in the hope it'll act as motivation for me to clear some of the backlog before I can buy it.

Anyone who wants to experience the dips, go to great bay, outside the fisherman's house, don the Zora mask and slash away at the plants. Bet you'll trigger it.

Also happened in the Great Bay Temple in the room just before you get the boss key (deku babas and where you must use ice arrows). And Termina field, and a cluster of other places.

The framerate drops are really occuring regulary, it's nothing huge or gamebreaking, but it is definetly noticable.

It mostly occurs in Termina field, but also during boss fights or situations with lots of enemies.

It does make me wish this was a new 3DS enhanced title. That might have resolved the framerate issues.

Still a great timeless game nonetheless.

Done. Loved it as much as I did when I was younger :D

Just going to go back and get a few of the heart pieces I missed.

Are you playing with the 3D off? Do you have wireless on?

With a new 3DS I'm getting framerate drops really often now. It's making the horse racing almost impossible to do.

3D on on the lowest setting, wireless on all the time.

Can't get over just how great and useful the 360 degree camera control for this game is! What a beautiful game, they've done such a good job. Loving the improved bomber's notebook as well.

Just done the first temple. :) Missing one green fucking fairy -.- Well, back I go again :D

Love the game. Never really played it before (tried it as a kid at a friend's back in the days, but it just was too much for me :laughing:). That atmosphere...amazing. So fitting for a The Legend of Zelda installment.

Do people really struggle all that much with the fairies? I think I've always managed to get them without trouble just using the mask to locate them - possibility I used an FAQ the very first time I played for one or two, but I recall trying(and succeeding mostly) in getting them all in my run when I played the temples. I've replayed the first 2 dungeons many a time(as happens when 'replaying' then dropping off) and not struggled much there either, I don't recall even the last two being much of a problem either!

Do people really struggle all that much with the fairies? I think I've always managed to get them without trouble just using the mask to locate them

Well, I'm that asshole who got the Great Fairy's Mask and immediately dismissed it as "lol, NO FIRE ARROW, NO MAGIC UPGRADE, NO GAME WINNING ITEM - FUCK YOU!"...ehem :blank:

What I'm trying to say: I forgot that I had the mask and ended up missing one fairy. Not going to happen again :laughing:

Went to Snowhead right after finishing the first temple. I really shouldn't rush through the game...I assume there are many, maaaanyyy sidequests already available.