NEurope
Serebii

The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D

My delivery was sent about 8pm last night. I bought some Amiibo the other week which arrived crazy fast, so with any luck I'll have this tomorrow! : peace:

Longtime no see! Welcome back! :D

Mine arrived this morning!

:D

9sypn7.jpg

But then so did my new PS4 hard drive so only got around to playing it/posting about it now.

It's pretty awesome though.

: peace:

Cheers. Not sure about your priorities though. :p

Mine arrived. Hype!

Cheers. Not sure about your priorities though. :p

Mine arrived. Hype!

Ah, well... I wanted to make sure my PS4 is all sorted so that I know I can switch it on and use it for voice chat with MH4U when that arrives tomorrow, because I know that once I started playing Majora's Mask 3D that would be it, all other games temporarily cease to exist. :heh:

Really enjoying it currently just noticing all the differences from the beloved N64 version. : peace:

Any ambassador users here , did you get an email saying you could claim a free skull kid when you register a pin for Majoras mask ,

Have you done this ?

I have just registered my pin but there was no option to claim the skull kid statue ?

That new banner is freaky as hell. I hope it switches between that and Monster Hunter!

No. We've actually hired a team of elves (okay, it's @Josh64) to hang large versions of it above your bed while you sleep on random nights for the next five years.

And you can blame @RedShell

That new banner is freaky as hell.
Glad to hear that. Freaky as hell (just like the game itself :hehe:) is what I was going for. ;)

Liking that banner!!

Also just seen a photo of the 3DS on my friend's wall, did not realise it was a gloss finish, and I must say it does tempt me slightly if I can find a way to make/save some monies.

Anyhoooo - gameswise I'm really interested in hearing you folks' impressions of how it is with all the changes. Particularly @Shorty as you seem to have quite a love for the game, be interested to hear how you find the changes and if you do choose to play it close to the original and how it feels etc. I can imagine I'd plan to, but then end up not, but I've always been weak for a shortcut :(

Anyone else fearing @Blade 's 3ds transfer? He sounds confused to me!

Yep. He's making it sound a lot harder than it is. :p

Some of the changes seem a bit odd, but I can sorta see why they did them.

They changed the location of some of the fairies in the first dungeon which confused me greatly.

Odolwa was also actually challenging, but mostly because I had no idea what to do now.

Edited by Ike

Anyhoooo - gameswise I'm really interested in hearing you folks' impressions of how it is with all the changes. Particularly @Shorty as you seem to have quite a love for the game, be interested to hear how you find the changes and if you do choose to play it close to the original and how it feels etc. I can imagine I'd plan to, but then end up not, but I've always been weak for a shortcut :(

I absolutely adore the original but I have a really bad memory so I won't necessarily notice all the changes anyway.

So far there's quite a lot of changes considering I haven't even reached the first dungeon yet. Feedback below.

I don't think this was there originally: a sign at the beginning that tells you how to jump and use your sword. The whole first area is designed to teach you to use your sword, because everyone plays with buttons, tries the sword, learns they can cut grass. And then you can't get up the logs without figuring out that climbing and jumping is automatic. It's intuitive design replaced with hand-holding at its worst.

Mask salesman gives you the bombers notebook. I don't really like this, because it was basically your first instance of "doing something again" - ie the whole idea of the repeated cycle. You did the great fairy and the bomber's challenge again because both told you that you would get something different as a human. That said, it only really bothers me because I wish others experienced it the original way.

Owl statues don't end the game. This is a bit shit because it means if you mess something up you can just load your save.

Moving the bank. Why? Now there's just a big empty wall where it used to be. Could've at least put something new there

Fishing! This is actually great. It's a bigger pond than in OoT and with more to catch.

The "72 hours remain" message disappears weirdly quickly. How did nobody notice this?

And this one doesn't really need a spoiler tag: the framerate slips quite frequently.

This probably comes across negative but actually, I don't really feel like these things are going to break the game. The new visuals and the new reason for playing are enough that I will love it. I can still play the way I want to, I guess there's just a niggling disappointment that new gamers won't experience it the way it was meant to be played.

Edited by Shorty

I've met with a terrible fate - my Majora's Mask 3D didn't arrive. Always happens when there's a pre-order bonus with the game on ShopTo.

I've met with a terrible fate - my Majora's Mask 3D didn't arrive. Always happens when there's a pre-order bonus with the game on ShopTo.

That's strange... my brother's ShopTo copy arrived as did my copy of MH4U, not only that but they dropped an extra MM necklace in with my New 3DS XL charging cradle I also ordered from them, so that both my bro and I have one. :)

Surely yours is on the way? You live further up country and I live way down at the bottom in Cornwall, it doesn't make sense... :blank:

I hope it turns up soon for you. : peace:

Sadly, I think it's time for us to all move on from ShopTo for getting games early and cheap :(

Got this from motherfu*%^*ing Amazon:

Hello,

The item you have mentioned - " New Nintendo 3DS XL with Zelda Majoras Mask" – is currently out of stock and I can’t guarantee if it will be sold again by us. Because of this, the item is currently listed as out of stock.

Occasionally, our supply of popular items is limited and some products sell out quickly.

Perhaps you could check our website from time to time to see if this item is back in stock or if it's available from a Seller at Amazon Marketplace.

Clicking on the blue "used and new" link on the product's detail page takes you to items offered by Sellers at Amazon Marketplace. You'll be given a list of available copies of an item, their condition and Sellers. Please note that we can't source products from Marketplace Sellers.

You can check this by visiting the following link:

trolls.

Sadly, I think it's time for us to all move on from ShopTo for getting games early and cheap :(

Yeah :/ I would go Nintendo UK, but they sent my N3DS faceplate via hermes and it's nowhere to be seen yet

Haven't used ShopTo in a while. Tesco actually became a pretty sweet place to order from since they started doing £10 and £5 off codes, and they always got to me on time. ShopTo now always seems to be one of the most expensive places.

Haven't used ShopTo in a while. Tesco actually became a pretty sweet place to order from since they started doing £10 and £5 off codes, and they always got to me on time. ShopTo now always seems to be one of the most expensive places.

I've used Tesco for the occasional preorder for a good while. Got the Skyward Sword Special Edition from them on the Wednesday when that came out. The new sign up codes make them even better.

Exactly the same opinion. Shopto peaked a while ago. Now they have a big enough userbase that they no longer need to be that cheap or that fast. Their whole mantra isn't even true anymore, even for buying games in stock. The name of the site comes from "shop late, play tomorrow" but the last time I bought a game around 5pm it took 2 days.

Did anyone who ordered the XL with free charger found their charger is coming separately? The dispatch email I got yesterday was apparently just for that. Got the actual N3DS dispatch email today.

Monster Hunter New 3DS came with the charger in the same box, that was the same kind of deal as the Majora's Mask one.

Nintendo store messed up my gold Xl order they sent me 2 skull kids and a charger :S but no console

Somebody out there now has two consoles... :laughing:

Just MM discussion in this thread from now on, not 3DS transfer process discussion, see specific thread for that.

Edited by Shorty