NEurope
Serebii

The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D

CE Prima guide is up for preorder over at @Hero\-of\-Time ?

Is it normally that expensive?

CE Prima guide is up for preorder over at Amazon

Cheers, bud. Been waiting for ages for this to pop up.

Is it normally that expensive?

They are usually kicking around the £20 mark but I don't think they've ever been over.

I have an Amazon pre order spare as I'm going to wait for the March batch , Pm me

Hiya, just wanted to confirm you have got my pm. :)

Can any of you lovely forumites direct me to a place where the MM New 3DS XL is being sold for a reasonable price and for Feb 13?

Or allow me to buy your preorder.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/New-Nintendo-Zelda-Majoras-Mask/dp/B00SFMM0BW/ref=sr_1_2

On February 12 Nintendo will be hosting a live stream for Majora’s Mask 3D. Producer Eiji Aonuma will be in attendance. Check out the link below at 12 p.m. on the day.

http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv208616143

I've cancelled my order for this as I decided to snap up one of the March limited edition ones. I don't mind waiting longer for a game I've already played.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/New-Nintendo-Zelda-Majoras-Mask/dp/B00SFMM0BW/ref=sr_1_2

On February 12 Nintendo will be hosting a live stream for Majora’s Mask 3D. Producer Eiji Aonuma will be in attendance. Check out the link below at 12 p.m. on the day.

http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv208616143

WOOHOOO Thanks make - made the order! - Sorry Yesterday...I cheated on you...xxx

WOOHOOO Thanks make - made the order! - Sorry Yesterday...I cheated on you...xxx

No problem.

The reviews roundup so far for Zelda: Majora’s Mask 3D.

IGN – 8.7 / 10

GameSpot – 9 / 10

Polygon – 9 / 10

Game Informer – 9.25 / 10

Nintendo Life – 10 / 10

Shacknews – 8 / 10

GamesBeat – 95 / 100

Kotaku – “Yes”

Destructoid – 8 / 10

GamesRadar – 4.5 / 5

Videogamer – 9 / 10

Will have to see why IGN didn't give it at least a 9. Unless it's badly remade, the game's a 9.5 in my eyes.

IGN score is what the reviewer thought. Marty Sliva obviously thought it was an 8.7. If Colin Moriarty was still at IGN and he'd reviewed it it would have gotten a 9+ easily. Scores are subjective, the meat of a review is in the text not the score.

http://ie.ign.com/articles/2015/02/04/the-legend-of-zelda-majoras-mask-3d-review

It seems:

A handful of design decisions haven’t aged as well, though, and some of the changes made to the 3DS remaster left me a bit confused throughout my 20-hour adventure.

That and the Great Bay Temple wasn't liked nor some of the cumbersome menus. They're only tiny niggles and I never disliked anything about the original.

Edited by Wii

At work, haven't read - but what exactly is said to be wrong with The Great Bay?

On the flip side, the Great Bay Temple is bloated, filled with unintuitive puzzles, and far too long. Considering it’s a quarter of Majora’s dungeons, it’s disappointing to say the least.

Seems like the same complaints I see all the time anyway.

So it seems like it's pretty much the same as it always has been. No need to worry, unless you hated it in the first place. I didn't. That dungeon is fun!

Seems like the same complaints I see all the time anyway.

So it seems like it's pretty much the same as it always has been. No need to worry, unless you hated it in the first place. I didn't. That dungeon is fun!

Ahh, a non-issue.

I bet half of these people didn't even reach the Great Bay back on the 64.

Edited by King_V

The amazon one is 20 quid dearer than the Nintendo store. Plus you don't get a charger and figure, do you?

Ahh, a non-issue.

I bet half of these people didn't even reach the Great Bay back on the 64.

I got to the Great Bay :D.

...and then I stopped playing it :(

The Bomber’s Notebook, your in-game secretary, isn’t all that intuitive, and I found myself having to constantly scribble down real-world notes about where people would be at certain times, and in which order I had to complete objectives in order to finish a specific quest. Especially on a portable system like the 3DS, that’s an inconvenience.

Yes... If only paper was available in a smaller size to be carried around in a pocket.

The Bomber’s Notebook, your in-game secretary, isn’t all that intuitive, and I found myself having to constantly scribble down real-world notes about where people would be at certain times, and in which order I had to complete objectives in order to finish a specific quest. Especially on a portable system like the 3DS, that’s an inconvenience.

Yes... If only paper was available in a smaller size to be carried around in a pocket.

The best thing about that particular complaint is that there's an actual Game notes section on the 3DS!

Had a good giggle at that.

In fact, you shouldn't even need to scribble down stuff about the NPC's that appear in the Bomber's Notebook! If I recall correctly, the game did that work for you.

250?cb=20070619212547

Now take Anju (2nd row).

When you first get the notebook, her picture isn't there. To get it to appear, you just have to talk to her once. Simple.

Once you have, it shows a bunch of blue bars, each one indicating that something important happens to that character at that time.

It's not gonna tell you where it happens, that would be too easy. It's up to you to do a bit of legwork and find out for yourself. Following her like a creepy stalker kid tends to do the job.

Once you have witnessed an event, it gets noted down in the book, which you can refer to on future cycles. Making it unnecessary to remember what needs to be done. Just bring out the notebook, and reconfirm what needs to be done.

Half of me wishes I could forget everything about these events so I can experience finding out everything about the NPC's all over again. It's what makes Majora's Mask such a brilliant game of discovery.

The change to the ice arrows seems odd and needlessly forced hand holding

You can now only freeze certain spots of water, thus making the platforms of ice you need set and thus not having situations where you miss jumps due to spacing a of ice platforms

I don't mind it but I don't see why it needed to happen, let people learn through trial and error

Just received an email about the skull kid figurine and this.

As the Nintendo store are giving the figure away with all new Nintendo 3DS and MM games those who already bought the ambassador machine can get the figurine too just by buying the game. MM was never my favourite Zelda game but I wonder if I should buy it for the skull kid statue.

Just received an email about the skull kid figurine and this.

As the Nintendo store are giving the figure away with all new Nintendo 3DS and MM games those who already bought the ambassador machine can get the figurine too just by buying the game. MM was never my favourite Zelda game but I wonder if I should buy it for the skull kid statue.

Yeah, got that email too. It's nice that they're retroactively including people who bought the Ambassador edition New3DS, they really didn't have to :)

Will probably end up buying it from there now (so it clearly worked on me :laughing:)

Yeah, got that email too. It's nice that they're retroactively including people who bought the Ambassador edition New3DS, they really didn't have to :)

Will probably end up buying it from there now (so it clearly worked on me :laughing:)

You don't even need to. Read the bottom

If you have already pre-ordered The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D from another retailer you can still qualify for this promotion. To do so, simply register your game on Club Nintendo by Saturday 28th February 2015.

That's a really thoughtful deal from Nintendo.

Despite the Skull Kid statue looking really cool (and bigger than I expected), I've opted to saved £30 by ordering from Amazon France for a standard black New 3DS and MM collectors edition. Majora's Mask is one of my favourite games and I'd love to own that statue, I really have very little room for stuff I don't really need and the money I save is probably more important than a figure.

One week to go, everyone, can't wait to play this again :D

The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D Review Discussion (IGN)