NEurope
Serebii

The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D

I'm getting the feeling that the Majora's Mask XL is going to be more commonplace than the normal ones!

Seriously, my blue XL is going to be a rarity at this rate!

Heh yeah, reminds me of that Link Between Worlds 'Limited Edition' XL - That piled up at CEXs around London, that the price was constantly being reduced.

The Majora's Mask new 3DS XL is now back up for pre-order again now with more prominent signage reiterating that this bath will be shipped out for March 31st.

Perhaps there were a load of people who pre-ordered really quickly earlier without checking the shipping date and then cancelled? Either way I'm keeping my pre-order as I don't mind waiting, I'll be upgrading to at least one new 3DS XL on launch day whatever happens but the Majora's Mask XL is the one I want to end up using for the foreseeable future. : peace:

I wish a limited console would actually be limited for once ffs :(

Out of interest, do you have one preordered?

I'm getting the feeling that the Majora's Mask XL is going to be more commonplace than the normal ones!

Seriously, my blue XL is going to be a rarity at this rate!

There'll be at least around. ;)

A MM theme is being released on the 14th in Japan.

main(1).png

A little disappointed, but goes with the MM Edition 3DS.

Gold + Majora's Mask = wrong

But... it had a Gold cartridge on the N64 from day 1 so it's in keeping with the Zelda heritage. : peace:

I get what you mean though, I always associate Zelda: Majora's Mask with Dark Green due to the box or even Purple but I still think the limited edition console looks nice. ::shrug:

Oh, wait. There's a second theme.

main.png

Both play the Song of Healing which means I'll never be leaving my 3DS home screen.

main.png

Both play the Song of Healing which means I'll never be leaving my 3DS home screen.

That one is more like it! Could be my first 3DS theme purchase that one.

^Is it just me or does MM Remake Link look (accurately) older than OOT young Link art? Its a subtle thing that I hope is true.

Ten year olds do grow very quickly. (or how old was Young Link in OOT?)

But... it had a Gold cartridge on the N64 from day 1 so it's in keeping with the Zelda heritage. : peace:

I get what you mean though, I always associate Zelda: Majora's Mask with Dark Green due to the box or even Purple but I still think the limited edition console looks nice. ::shrug:

Gold is absolutely the right colour for every Zelda game, except Majora's Mask. Has to be dark green or purple like you say.

main.png

Song of healing?

Well, that's my 7th theme I'm buying!

Ooh.... song of healing. Had actually forgotten all about that. Maybe I'll make a new guitar cover of that, such a good theme. Currently working on Outset Island theme from Wind Waker. Need something to start playing when I'm done with that, and that would be an awesome tribute to Majoras Mask 3D :D.

I never saw what the fuss was about with the Song of Healing, maybe playing through it again will change my mind. Have to say I think there was a noticeable step down in quality of Ocarina tunes from OOT, especially the dungeon tunes. They seem to be cut short in MM.

The Deku Palace theme makes up for it though.

The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D - Friday the 13th TV Ad (Nintendo 3DS)

The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D - Friday the 13th TV Ad (Nintendo 3DS)

That is effing glorious!!!

Better than OOTs N64 ad.

aka incorrectly :p

Fuck yeah.

I'm not following the Omega Sapphire ad and pronouncing it Oh-Mee-Gah either.

I'M FUCKING ANTI-ESTABLISHMENT.

Zelda: Majora’s Mask 3D gets first review

zelda-majoras-mask-3d-art-656x397.jpg

The first review of The Legend of Zelda: Majora’s Mask 3D has come out of Game Informer. The classic N64 title, now revitalized on 3DS, was very well received.

Editor Kyle Hilliard awarded Majora’s Mask 3D a 9.25 out of 10. In one surmising statement, Hilliard notes: “Even without being remade, Majora’s Mask stands as one of the most interesting and through-provoking entries. The experience has only been made better for the 3DS”.

Majora’s Mask 3D is largely the same as the N64 original. However, Grezzo and Nintendo implemented several changes, all of which are “worthwhile and well implemented”. Link’s ability to move forward in time “whenever he wants” is something that Hilliard believes is Zelda: Majora’s Mask 3D’s “biggest and best change”.

The review ends with the following:

Purists will decry the changes made to Majora’s Mask no matter how slight they may be, but I am seated firmly in the “change is good” camp. It’s everything you remember, but without the boredom or frustration related to the passage of time. Majora’s Mask was a game ahead of its time in 2000, and revisiting it under this new lens only confirms that sentiment. Whether you’re returning to Termina or visiting it for the first time, Majora’s Mask 3D is the ideal way to experience this classic.”

Check out the latest issue of Game Informer for the magazine’s complete review of The Legend of Zelda: Majora’s Mask 3D.

http://nintendoeverything.com/zelda-majoras-mask-3d-gets-first-review/

http://www.gameinformer.com/mag/default.aspx

Can any of you lovely forumites direct me to a place where the MM New 3DS XL is being sold for a reasonable price and for Feb 13?

Or allow me to buy your preorder.