NEurope
Serebii

The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D

So, whats everyones thoughts and feelings about re-purchasing this?

I find Im losing interest the closer to its release, because I know I'll probably finish this quickly - and not sure if I can justify the £220 purchase.

Looking forward to seeing the Ikana Valley and Stone Tower Portions though.

I'll get it but Monster Hunter will be getting most of my time due to them releasing on the same day. Idiots.

My hype for the game has been dying down slowly, especially with all the little changes they are making. Not a fan at all. Luckily I have the N64 version if I want to play the original version.

Out of all the changes, I find this one the most irritating...

I had a feeling this might happen when I saw a video of Goron Link rolling through Termina Field and I thought to myself 'oh they seem to have improved the controls, maybe they'll make the swimming as Zora Link even better...'

How wrong could I be? :indeed:

I'm sure it's not game-breaking but still, give us an extra mode with no changes to the physics, one enemy hit takes a heart and a half and call it Majora's Master mode or something. :heh:

Also the bosses, they've changed... I wonder if we're getting a boss rush mode at least?

I'm still hyped for it even thought I'm still a bit irked that they chose to release it the same day as MH4U but at least I have the week off.

The changes they're making has killed it somewhat for me, I imagine I'll eventually pick it up but I'm going to wait for people I know(including you guys :p) to get it first and let me know what you all think!

Still very hyped! I don't see the changes changing anything important anyway.

Edited by MindFreak

I've heard that the Gyorg fight has been made way more fun.

I sure hope so, that fight is pretty bland compared to the other 3.

Out of all the changes, I find this one the most irritating...

I had a feeling this might happen when I saw a video of Goron Link rolling through Termina Field and I thought to myself 'oh they seem to have improved the controls, maybe they'll make the swimming as Zora Link even better...'

How wrong could I be? :indeed:

I'm sure it's not game-breaking but still, give us an extra mode with no changes to the physics, one enemy hit takes a heart and a half and call it Majora's Master mode or something. :heh:

Also the bosses, they've changed... I wonder if we're getting a boss rush mode at least?

I'm still hyped for it even thought I'm still a bit irked that they chose to release it the same day as MH4U but at least I have the week off.

The zora swimming upgrade isn't so much of a bad change for me, looks more realistic and makes sense for super powered swimming to use magic.

Yeah I don't see a huge problem with the swimming change, trying to swim in tight spaces was a huge hassle in the original.

This game looks gorgeous, I don't remember being that impressed by OOT 3D compared to the original. Maybe it was the yellow filter and green water that put me off that one.

I find Im losing interest the closer to its release, because I know I'll probably finish this quickly - and not sure if I can justify the £220 purchase.

Looking forward to seeing the Ikana Valley and Stone Tower Portions though.

It's just initially irksome as I have really fond memories of the N64 version, it'll be fine once I play it again I'm sure though I will miss the original animation of just as you start swimming Zora Link springs into action... which was usually abruptly ended by him hitting a wall but still, I just thought it hard more charm is all. :heh:

I'm sure this version will have a charm all of it own though so it's all fine. : peace:

I'm definitely getting Monster Hunter on launch, and the closer we get to this, the more tempted I am to just get it on the Wii U Wii VC mode. £7, I already know I love the original...

Will probably see what reviews say on this, if there is enough content to justify forking out £40 then maybe, but I think I'm more likely to go for VC option to satisfy my Majora's Mask itch :)

I'm not too bothered by that change. Looks like Chateau Romani just became even more useful. ;)

It's a good job Link's not lactose intolerant as he'll be drinking it at the start of every three day cycle, rupees permitting of course. :heh:

I suppose it's just as well that they moved the Clock Town bank as well, actually the more I think about it the more the changes seem to make sense. :blush:

Just that my initial reaction was... 'they did what?!?' but I've had time to process it all now, still looking forward to it very much. : peace:

I like the changes, they all appear to be improvements from what I'm seeing. This being my least favourite home console Zelda title (I still love it of course) just means I may well appreciate it more... could I perhaps prefer it to Wind Waker after these changes..?

No problem for me as I'm a big fan of (game) remakes and I'm only buying the actual game. I think getting the New 3DS just for this would be too much and I'd end up resenting it (plus I can't be bothered transferring my digital games again :heh:) but as a £30 game I'm all for it.

I also don't have any problem with the changes, as I'm not too attached to the original (even though I think it's brilliant). With OOT 3D and WW HD, Nintendo has proven that it's very skilled with remakes and any changes are carefully considered. I don't mind re-buying them again as games like OOT, MM and WW have so much going on in them, they're amongst the best games on any system even as remakes.

I'm OK with it.

I've not been watching all these 'gameplay' videos. I'll get round to it in a coupla weeks.

Thw swimming thing though seems fine though, it's just some whiny bitch mentioning how he can't piss about as much.

Can def see the reasoning behind the swimming change although it certainly is less fun/awesome, but there's no doubting I spent a LOT of time swimming bang into walls. As long as they don't fuck up the Goron rolling all is well :D

XL back in stock on Nintendo Store. Go go.

Just an FYI:

Estimated Delivery Date March 31st - 1 Per Customer

A month and a half wait.

that will be all the cancelled pre-orders for people ordering more than one! i like the one per customer scenario its something to help prevent scalpers, how effective it will be is another thing

that will be all the cancelled pre-orders for people ordering more than one! i like the one per customer scenario its something to help prevent scalpers, how effective it will be is another thing

Nah, the date suggests that they're making another batch.

It still is limited though, you can only get it from the Nintendo store for the retail price, plus they probably won't make many more beyond this second batch.

I'm glad I was able to get a pre-order in on the second wave at least. : peace:

Did you get your pre-order in on the first batch? I didn't so I'm glad for this second chance, I really don't see how this is a bad thing... it just seems to me that because the pre-order is still up there over an hour later, they actually made enough to hopefully supplement demand this time.

Second batch? well i might get a scalping order in :p

glad they are giving others a chance

Annnnnnd its sold out again. :blank:

Second batch? well i might get a scalping order in :p

*looks at @Agent Gibbs*

Just how many did you order?!? :heh:

I'm getting the feeling that the Majora's Mask XL is going to be more commonplace than the normal ones!

Seriously, my blue XL is going to be a rarity at this rate!

already jesus! did you manage to get one @S\.C\.G

Most definitely! :)

It's funny, I was checking the site daily then I hadn't checked it for today and I see @Cube post that it's back in stock in another thread - cheers for that Dean - : peace: so I got straight on it.

Now I'm back to checking the site regularly again as you never know what else is going to go up on the site once they start changing things, we've already got the Super Mario set of amiibo's up there now as well.

Would love to see some Majora's Mask amiibo's though, how awesome would that be?* :D

*Though we all know that if that happened then they would all surely meet with a terrible fate of becoming Sold Out! very quickly. :indeed: