NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
bob

Just Cause 3

Glad to see you have seen the video as well. I honestly can't stop laughing at it. :D
It's the way that old man doesn't even react until the 4th bomb is placed on his groin that always gets me. :laughing:

We need that vid on the new page:

I've not spent too much time messing about with the civilian characters/wildlife yet, but it's inevitable. :heh:

Did tether a beach ball to someones head though, which was pretty amusing. :D

Eh? ShopTo send me a dispatch e-mail this morning but the postman just delivered it now...Now thats what I call service :P

Looks like they sent them out on Saturday and held off on sending out the dispatch confirmation. Time to play some Just Cause 3 then. :D

I know one site I'm not ordering from again. Still not shipped so I can't see it arriving tomorrow. Not worth saving money if it's not going to arrive in time. Think I will see if the grocery store at the mall has put it up tonight, sometimes they do it just before closing so they don't have to do it in the morning. Otherwise I wait until tomorrow morning when it's actually out.

Eh? ShopTo send me a dispatch e-mail this morning but the postman just delivered it now...Now thats what I call service :P

Looks like they sent them out on Saturday and held off on sending out the dispatch confirmation. Time to play some Just Cause 3 then. :D

Which system you playing on? Hope the servers are playing ball anyway, have fun! :)

Which system you playing on? Hope the servers are playing ball anyway, have fun! :)

Its on the PS4 so I have to wait for the patch to download and get the pre-order stuff first.

I got the despatched message from Shop To today as well. I'm at work so hopefully it's been delivered today and it's sitting waiting on me!

I got a dispatched email about 30 mins after I pre-ordered it, but it's only standard first class delivery, so I won't expect it for another day or two.

My only question to those who get it - is it as good as/better than JC2 and its utter ridiculousness? I haven't looked into it all too much so far, but I'm thinking of putting it on the to-do list for next year now I've actually got a system to play it on!

Edited by Rummy

My only question to those who get it - is it as good as/better than JC2 and its utter ridiculousness?

I've only played for 10 minutes on the so called "Boom Island", which apparently is just a little playground for you to have a little fun while the game is installing, and the following happened:

Quick rundown: Hooked up a sand buggy with two gas cylinders and wanted to attach an explosive barrel. Used a wrong button, though after I've mistakenly attached the barrel to the ground and...

I'd say it can be as ridiculous as you want it to be :laughing: Especially when you've unlocked more gear (which I assume is ridiculous in itself).

I'm the firestarter lol

Great start to a cracking game also "its me, Mario"

Comedy gold!

Explosive launch video!

Well, the servers appear to have stabilised. icon14.gif However, this also means that the some of the long load times weren't due to connection problems. Yeah, I did one of the helicopter challenges and the load time for it was atrocious! Must have been close to the 3 minute mark. icon13.gif Yet loading other challenges, or just fast traveling to different locations on the map took a matter of seconds. So weird. :hmm:

Anyway, I unlocked the booster C4 yesterday! As seen in the vid that was posted before. Lots of fun to be had with that upgrade. :D

I used the tether to flip a car on its side, and then attached some booster C4 to the underside. Flipped it back over, activated the C4, and sure enough it lifted the car off the ground! :laughing:

Not very high unfortunately, but it looks like they get an extra upgrade later on, so hopefully it'll be possible to make cars into full-on rockets!

Played this for a hour last night, with no issues at any point.

The explosions in this game are insane. It's so satisfying to blow shit up!

The dialogue and story so far are classic JC though, absolute dog shit. I was surprised to see 9 (nine!) credited writers in the opening credits. What did they do all day?! It's pretty bad, but as yet, not quite 'so bad it's good', so in that respect, it needs to do better (worse).

I've found the wingsuit really hard to control, but I suppose that's intentional, and it'll get easier.

Can't wait to play some more tonight.

The PS4's Share button was made for JC3! :awesome:

I nearly died yesterday from laughing so much while playing this. :laughing:

Some of my antics:

: peace:

The PS4's Share button was made for JC3! :awesome:

I nearly died yesterday from laughing so much while playing this. :laughing:

Some of my antics:

Hilarious! : peace:

What the hell are you meant to do in this game? Is it story heavy?

Hilarious! : peace:

What the hell are you meant to do in this game? Is it story heavy?

You're meant to liberate an island from an evil dictator by essentially blowing the crap out of it. :hehe: But when not doing that, you can do pretty much whatever the hell you want! :grin:

And no, the story is completely pointless, it's a giant pisstake. :D

You're meant to liberate an island from an evil dictator by essentially blowing the crap out of it. :hehe: But when not doing that, you can do pretty much whatever the hell you want! :grin:

And no, the story is completely pointless, it's a giant pisstake. :D

The game looks ridiculous in a really fun way. Adding it to my to-buy list as we speak.

During the loading mini-game, thought i'd try shooting the gas cannisters, then quickly hopping into the car and driving off with cool explosions happening behind me. Didn't go according to plan.

Finally got the game today :) Decided to go the store to buy it even though I knew it would arrive four hours later in the mail. Good decision too, since the store bought game included a map posed as foldable tourist brochure! Not particularly useful, but a great nice-looking addition.

Only played for two hours before going to far so I don't have much to say yet. Will get more playtime tonight.

Thanks for the wingsuit call-out @Tales! Got me the trophy for that last night as a result. :)

I sent a challenge your way too.

Thanks for the wingsuit call-out @Tales! Got me the trophy for that last night as a result. :)

I sent a challenge your way too.

Ohhhh, I need that trophy, too.

People, send me call-outs :laughing:

Ohhhh, I need that trophy, too.

People, send me call-outs :laughing:

I sent you some too, check da inbox. ;)

The game looks ridiculous in a really fun way. Adding it to my to-buy list as we speak.

I had 2 on the 360 and it definitely lived up to its name - had some proper good chuckles actually playing it with people round at first and seeing all the ridiculous things we could do(it was more limited than this one, though). The only real criticism to be levelled at JC2 was that after a while it did get repetitive, and a number of places were somewhat cut+pasted, but on the whole there was still something pretty satisfying about constantly blowing shit up. I recall it also boasting the fact that it was a game that anywhere you could essentially see, you could go(not so groundbreaking now).

I definitely want this, but not sure at the current moment/price. If you never played the predecessor however I'd highly recommend this as it seems to be offering more of the same - and it was absolutely hilarious.

They do seem to have addressed one of the main criticisms of the last game, which was that the world was empty. In the new one, they seem to have more random things going on as you pass by, like helping a bunch of rebels, GTA style.

Last night I was messing around, and at a checkpoint I got into a fight with some guards. During the fight I accidentally attached a guy to the front of a Jeep.

Then 10 minutes later, I saw a Jeep coming up the road, driving oddly, and when it passed, there was a guy stuck to the front of it!

Sign in to follow this