NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
bob

Just Cause 3

Need. This. Game. :awesome:

Knight Rider style Turbo Boost!!:

Fucking amazing. :yay:

Just Cause 3 is like the greatest collection of OTT 80's action/cheese all in one game. :bouncy:

Was anyone else expecting the car to suddenly sprout a parachute and glide away?

Just me?

Ok.

I had a few reservations while watching that video that they'd gone too far with the ridiculous physics, and ability to just spawn attack helicopters and the magic tension grapple.

But then I carried on watching and though nah fuck it. It still looks awesome!

I had a few reservations while watching that video that they'd gone too far with the ridiculous physics, and ability to just spawn attack helicopters and the magic tension grapple.

But then I carried on watching and though nah fuck it. It still looks awesome!

The crazier the better I say. :hehe:

Wish this game was coming out sooner though. :sad:

Need. This. Game. :awesome:

Knight Rider style Turbo Boost!!:

Fucking amazing. :yay:

Just Cause 3 is like the greatest collection of OTT 80's action/cheese all in one game. :bouncy:

Never played a Just Cause game. I know absolutely nothing about it.

Went into that video blind.

OH MY GOD.

dnc.gif

Looks crazy. :o

The second one was by no means a brilliant game, but it's honestly some of the most fun you can have with a video game.

It's like fast and furious films. They're way over the top and abit shit but it's just all about the action and fun.

I really hope the new one has some badass scripted set pieces as well as all the sandbox stuff. I feel like they could put some really cool stuff in now they have this amazing physics engine in, like having a gun fight on the back of a jumbo jet as it flies into a building, or destroying a huge bridge as a train goes over it or something.

Never played a Just Cause game. I know absolutely nothing about it.

Went into that video blind.

OH MY GOD.

dnc.gif

Looks crazy. :o

Yep. :) This is why I was so confuzzled at the lack of interest for it in The Other Consoles Have No Games thread. :blank:

Fuck yeah!

I hope the story is truely atrocious as well. With awful voice acting.

Just looks better with each trailer! :D

I already have this paid for in advance, just over 5 weeks to go! :)

So ready for this game. :bouncy:

Just praying it runs well on PS4. Everything we've seen so far has been from the PC version I believe.

Anyway, not long to go now! If Simply Games are on the ball, could potentially be playing this next week!! :yay:

Really looking forward to this.

The trophy list looks good too, no difficulty trophy and a trophy for achieving 100% completion, which going by JC2 should take a long time.

Looks absolutely amazing :awesome:

If Gamestop offers that lovely 9.99€ deal (trade in two - relatively new - games and only pay 9.99€) for Just Cause 3 I'll pick this up rather sooner than later.

If not I'll have to wait until Christmas as I can't afford another game right now. :(

Edit: And Gamestop has that deal : peace: Will trade in Pokemon Omega Ruby and Majora's Mask. Can't wait :awesome:

Edited by drahkon

Simply Games delivering the goods once again! :yay:

Anyway, the game is obviously awesome! :awesome: But... what's not so awesome is that the damn servers are playing up, and it seems like the game doesn't want to run without being connected. :shakehead

Every time it loses the connection it pauses to let you know :indeed: and choosing "continue in offline mode" is pointless, because a few minutes later the game will automatically pause and attempt to connect again! :mad:

Why even have an option for offline mode, if it's not going to stay in it?! ::shrug:

So yeah, I'm probably going to hold off from playing anymore, until the servers are sorted as it's too annoying how it keeps randomly stopping during gameplay.

Mine wasn't shipped yesterday so it looks like I will have to wait until Tuesday. It worries me that I have to rely on one day shipping time. That doesn't always happens.

what's not so awesome is that the damn servers are playing up

To be fair, the game isn't officially out, yet, so complaining about that seems a bit nitpicky :p

Why even have an option for offline mode, if it's not going to stay in it?!

That, however, seems to be really weird. Hope it works properly on Tuesday.

Will be at Gamestop on Monday. Hope they'll give me the game then so I don't have to wait one more day :D

LOL @ people complaining about the story in this over at Neogaf. :laughing:

How it's possible to not get that JC has intentionally bad/cheesy dialogue (which is hilarious BTW :D) I'll never know.

To be fair, the game isn't officially out, yet, so complaining about that seems a bit nitpicky :p
Very true. :grin:

Mind you, there are so many people playing this already (and have been for quite a few days) the "day 1" patch is live, the servers are up (when they feel like staying up :heh:) and the trophies work properly. So it kind of feels like the game is officially out. :hehe:

That, however, seems to be really weird. Hope it works properly on Tuesday.
Hope so. Such a weird design choice though. :hmm:

Is the game running fine for you guys playing it? I was reading reports over the weekend that the game has some serious performance issues, especially on the Xbox One. Massive frame rate drops, screen tearing and stupidly long loading times seem to be the main culprits. From the sounds of it the game may have needed more time in the oven.

This is freaking hilarious. :D

Is the game running fine for you guys playing it? I was reading reports over the weekend that the game has some serious performance issues, especially on the Xbox One. Massive frame rate drops, screen tearing and stupidly long loading times seem to be the main culprits. From the sounds of it the game may have needed more time in the oven.
Well, I've certainly not come across any screen tearing on PS4. As for frame rate, yeah, that can indeed take quite a hit at times. But it's usually only when there's a lot going on, and given the scale of the game I'm totally cool with that.

Load times are an interesting one, as it seems very random. Some have speculated that it's due to the problems maintaining connection with the server, and I think that might be right, as the longer load times I've experienced always seem to be accompanied by the connection thing.

But yeah, to give an example of how random they can be, I've sat through loading times that are a few minutes long, and some that are around 10 seconds. :wtf:

I guess we won't know for sure until the severs are stable.

By far the worst thing about the game is this requirement to be connected online. It's a single player game, so it really doesn't make sense. icon13.gif

Hope the devs patch in a proper offline mode.

Anyway, I couldn't resist playing more again yesterday, despite the connection bollocks. The game is way too much fun! :D

Some of the explosions are just so spectacular I'm left staring in awe at the TV screen! :hehe:

And the fireworks display you get when liberating an area is soooo rewarding. :awesome:

Looking forward to some nice uninterrupted sessions on this soon.

BTW, everyone should check this vid out, the last parts in particular had me absolutely crying my eyes out with laughter. :laughing:

*EDIT*

LOL, beaten by @Hero\-of\-Time. Vid is so good it should be posted twice though. :D

Sign in to follow this