NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Happenstance

Halo: Master Chief Collection

I'm in the boat of wanting to rexperience the single player as I have no memories of multiplayer so not really an issue for me pleasantly.

Major content update coming "this afternoon" in Pacific time. SHould hit around midnight I reckon in the UK. Claims to fix almost everything.

Major content update coming "this afternoon" in Pacific time. SHould hit around midnight I reckon in the UK. Claims to fix almost everything.

I wonder if that means a return of all play lists. I've managed to get into a few games since they reduced the modes, but I've seen the fix list which included people not staying in parties together which is definitely something I've witnessed whilst in a party with friends.

We should defo try and get some up and running one weekend.

Well I have just installed the update and it's even more broken than it was before . Matchmaking was very slow before but this doesn't work at all. I am done with this pile of crap one of the worst games I have ever bought only 2nd to latest sim city for a launch cock up

Well I have just installed the update and it's even more broken than it was before . Matchmaking was very slow before but this doesn't work at all. I am done with this pile of crap one of the worst games I have ever bought only 2nd to latest sim city for a launch cock up

I don't think it's quite the same at least this has offline modes! Although I am pissed off as I got stuck with the Xbox telling me I couldn't play multiplayer due to parental controls.

Pretty much in line with 2014, the year of disappointments, broken games and Nintendo being awesome.

Pretty much in line with 2014, the year of disappointments, broken games and Nintendo being awesome.

I wouldn't go quite that far. Mario Kart was also broken in terms of the battle mode, the shitty single-player options and the lack of voice chat whilst gaming. Shadow of Mordor looks like a great game, Alien Isolation is my personal game of the year and Dragon Age looks awesome. (Far Cry 4, too). The Halo stuff will get fixed soon, DriveClub is getting there.

I must have missed this. At what part did they start being awesome?

Well your touching on 2 different matters , missing the battle mode was a disappointment but it was not a lazy broken glitch like many of the other titles have suffered this year .

Nintendo is one of the only companies to have a proper quality control. Yes there have been minor tweaks on games like mario kart and smash but they were not game breaking faults

If it wasn't for nintendo it would go down as one of the worst gaming years of all time ! Mainly consisting of ports and hyped disappointments ( watch dogs destiny asassins creed ect ) and downright broken messes that even ea would not dare release ( halo mcc and driveclub )

Destiny has given me far more hours of enjoyment than probably the rest of the games I've played this year combined.

Well your touching on 2 different matters , missing the battle mode was a disappointment but it was not a lazy broken glitch like many of the other titles have suffered this year .

They're not that different at all. Mario Kart's battle mode is lazy and broken. It's lazy in terms of its implementation and it is very, very broken. They took something which has worked absolutely fine for years and broke it. At least with a glitch it can be fixed with a simple patch. Drive Club has had a few patches and it is a better game than what it started off with. Same with Battlefield 4. Mario Kart's battlemode is still bad.

Nintendo is one of the only companies to have a proper quality control. Yes there have been minor tweaks on games like mario kart and smash but they were not game breaking faults

Sorry, whoever quality controlled the battle mode should be out of a job. It is unplayable.

If it wasn't for nintendo it would go down as one of the worst gaming years of all time ! Mainly consisting of ports and hyped disappointments ( watch dogs destiny asassins creed ect ) and downright broken messes that even ea would not dare release ( halo mcc and driveclub )

That's a massive exaggeration. There's still been enough content released, like the ones I mentioned earlier. From what I've heard of Assassin's Creed, it is glitchy but the underlying game is still meant to be very good. So, with some work here and there, it'll be fine. Of course, I agree that the games should be perfect to begin with and that is the disappointing thing. I can only hope that this gets better.

(still not sure exactly why this is being seen as a great year for Nintendo)

I agree new battle mode is awful and boring , but it works and it doesn't glitch out and refuse to load or suffer from severe sever problems ?

AAA titles

Donkey kong tropical freeze

Bayonetta2

Mario kart

Smash bros

Good games

Hyrule Warriors

Mario golf 2

Fantasy life'

Smash ds

Mario party

Plus the remakes such as bayonetta 1 , nes remix ect

Pokemon Ruby saphire ect

It's been a very strong year for Nintendo

Edited by yesteryeargames

downright broken messes that even ea would not dare release ( halo mcc and driveclub )

You clearly didn't own or play Battlefield 4 for the first couple of months after launch.

It was broken and didn't get fixed for a long long time.

Just a heads up to Halo players who gave up. A major update came out yesterday and the game is working flawlessly now.

Quick matchmaking search times, party system is working and the dedicated servers are fantastic. It's so smooth.

Yeah to be honest I've lost all interest in this now.

If it were any game other than Halo I would have too but I spent my whole teenage years playing Halo 2 and 3 online and it's still to this day the best online experience I've ever had.

I played Halo 2: Classic last night and it was glorious. Apart from the lack of rankings it was just like the good old days. The game hasn't aged at all.

Wowza I guess this is something for every developer to remember when making these collections of last gen titles. Don't try to make all the multiplayer modes run at once! For me I was never that bothered in the first place I got it to play through the single player but nice to know the options are there now.

Sign in to follow this