NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Happenstance

Halo: Master Chief Collection

halo-master-chief-collection.jpg

I figured since this is out on the 11th and is pretty much my only reason for owning an Xbox One so it could use its own thread.

Im actually really interested in playing through these again. When I first played Halo 1-3 I did so with @Goafer on co-op and we pretty much just breezed past all of the story but I know a lot of people got really into the Halo lore so I'm looking forward to playing again and actually paying attention. My 360 died before Halo 4 came out so I never got to play that one. Im still a bit disappointed that they decided to go with just Halo 1-4 and not ODST and Reach though as Reach was probably my favourite of the series and I heard good things about ODST.

It's a shame they're not including Reach and ODST. I know they're not part of the main storyline but they're my personal favourites (along with Halo 4!).

The new CG cutscenes are looking very nice, with the size of the game plus the patch I think this is the first time I'm going to have to uninstall something on the Xbox One to actually play the game.

Well being that I've recently become an Xbox One owner naturally I've got this pre-ordered and will be looking forward to playing through all of the mainline Halo titles especially as I have time off to do so as well. :D

I'm completely at peace with it being just Halo 1-4 because ultimately this is The Master Chief Collection so it should only feature the games where you actually play as him, besides they can just bring out the 'NOT Master Chief Collection' at a later date to further plug the gap between waiting for Halo 5 because it will be delayed. :heh:

Anyway this is a really decent package being that you get all those games - plus all that extra gamerscore :indeed: - plus 'dat 20GB multiplayer day 1 patch!' so it's hardly going to be light on content, if anything it's the Halo payload or even 'Haload' if you like. :p

Either way it will be the first time that I've ever played Halo 2 multiplayer which should certainly be an experience in itself. : peace:

Halo 5 is going to have a lot to live up to once it eventually arrives. :blank:

I'll just have to play any co-op multiplayer local I think as theres no way I'm bothering to pay for Xbox Live Gold for just one game (or 4 but whatever).

Also someone remind me, when did Master Chief start talking? Was it right from the beginning or later on in the series?

I'll probably pick this up. Never really been a fan of the series but I did only play 3 in co-op with mike1988uk. And hated it.

But I will give it another shot. I did have a brief play of Halo 2 years ago and I remember enjoying that.

Seems like good value for money anyway! Up for co-op online too if anyone else is! : peace:

Also someone remind me, when did Master Chief start talking? Was it right from the beginning or later on in the series?

He's always spoke. His 'thing' is that you never get to see his face.

He's always spoke. His 'thing' is that you never get to see his face.

Oh yeah I know the face stuff. Its just been years since I last played Halo 1 and couldnt remember if he spoke in that or not.

Cannot wait for this, especially the Halo 2 and 3 playlists along with the MLG playlist.

Paging @Guy, @Cubechris, @CVD @Dan_Dare @Jordan

I'm up for any form of playlists stuff...although I have got to blitz through all them in single player first! Not owning a 360 means that Halo 2 was the last one I played. Also aside from the very first reveal trail I've managed to stay spoiler free for Halo 3 all these years!

Also aside from the very first reveal trail I've managed to stay spoiler free for Halo 3 all these years!

Master Chief was dead all along

Also aside from the very first reveal trail I've managed to stay spoiler free for Halo 3 all these years!

I've played the game many times and I'm pretty sure I'm completely spoiler-free in terms of story.

Didn't even know there was a story.

I never paid that much attention to the story myself either but I blame that on playing all the games co-op. I know a lot of people really like the whole Halo story so I'm looking forward to actually paying attention this time.

I've tried paying attention, but I still don't really know what's going on.

Think that's just generally games though, I never really follow the story beyond what I have to do next.

I enjoyed the story in Halo 1, things did get too complicated for me in 2.

Edited by flameboy

So, this arrived yesterday and it took 4 hours....4 HOURS to get the patch downloaded and the game installed. Absolutely disgraceful. What happened to the days of popping a game in and being able to play it straight away? Next gen indeed.

I did manage to get a couple of levels done on Halo though. It runs silky smooth and it felt great to play the original again.

There is a crazy amount of content in this package though. I spent a little bit of time looking at what was on offer and it's staggering the amount of different playlists and options in the game. :bowdown:

I cant help but laugh playing Halo 1 and switching between graphics when I notice that the guy who thaws you at the beginning is white in the original and black in the remastered lol

So, this arrived yesterday and it took 4 hours....4 HOURS to get the patch downloaded and the game installed. Absolutely disgraceful. What happened to the days of popping a game in and being able to play it straight away? Next gen indeed.

I did manage to get a couple of levels done on Halo though. It runs silky smooth and it felt great to play the original again.

There is a crazy amount of content in this package though. I spent a little bit of time looking at what was on offer and it's staggering the amount of different playlists and options in the game. :bowdown:

Have you tried/are you familiar with the 'turn off the internet when installing' trick? Seems to save loads of time on installs for me.

Regardless, I agree a 20GB day one I update is nonsense, bring back cartridges I say!!

Haven't had a chance to get this on yet, up early to install it all while I go for a run, then have a bash before work! :)

Anybody else having matchmaking problems? It just keeps hanging on the searching for players screen. I got one game of slayer in and that was after about 5 minutes of searching.

Anybody else having matchmaking problems? It just keeps hanging on the searching for players screen. I got one game of slayer in and that was after about 5 minutes of searching.

I've seen quite a few reports that matchmaking is very broken at the moment.

Yeah I've read a few reports and lots of tweets saying this is the case. Not been able to try it myself because of some bullshit over here that means the postal service classes Remembrance Day as a holiday whilst nowhere else does!

Because of the huge day one update I haven't yet been able to play it. Tried last night for the first time at around midnight and spent 30 minutes looking for a game before giving up.

I specifically cancelled tennis tonight so I could play it as I won't have another chance until Saturday. If it's not working I'm going to be very annoyed.

It's shocking how they can release a game that has so many bugs. Reddit's bug tracker is full of game breaking issues. At this rate it seems like its worse than Battlefield 4 was at launch.

Priceless! : peace:

I must admit, I've only played this once since I got it, it's good in single player at least - didn't even attempt to try multiplayer yet - but so many games. :heh:

Sign in to follow this