NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
CoolFunkMan

Danger Mouse - 2015 reboot

Danger Mouse will once again be gracing our screens sometime next year with 52 episodes (running at 11 minutes each) on CBBC. I used to love this show when I was younger, so I'm quite excited by it, although I'm a bit worried about how much they'll "modernise" it.

As for the voice cast, Alexander Armstrong is confirmed to be the voice of DM, which I think is a fantastic choice. I honestly think he can pull it off. Kevin Eldon is confirmed as Penfold, and Dave Lamb is the narrator, which are interesting choices, although I am slightly skeptical.

Also, here's some promo art showing the new style, I don't actually think it's that bad. It's only slightly modernised, and Penfold looks like he hasn't even changed:

dangermouse-hd.jpg

http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/latestnews/2014/danger-mouse-cast

What does everyone else think?

I think this could be great. Alexander Armstrong, like you said, is a fantastic choice for DM

Tune.

I recall I must have watched it when I was little, and we had one episode recorded on tape that I've seen too many times, but I was never 'into' it as much when I was little compared to other things - having seen an episode or two in the last few years now I'm older three was something excellently British about it that I enjoyed, so I'll probs be checking this out. AA for Danger Mouse seems a great choice.

That's brilliant news that it's coming back. I'm a little disappointed that it looks to pitching it to an even younger audience than before, but it's always nice to see an 'old friend'. Like others have said, A-Double is a great choice as a replacement to voice DM.

Sign in to follow this