NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Dan_Dare

First Impressions of Earth - The Strokes (new CD)

So...anyone got this? I just got it in teh post this mornin. havent listiened to it all but my...first impressions :red: are very good. total return to form after the underwhelming room on fire album

Earth isn't all that bad, would be mounds better if we got rid of the French.

and the Americans.

Actually, anyone that's not exactly the same as me!

(Still no idea what you're on about Dan, need more clues).

and the Americans.

Perhaps, but that would leave a lot of unwanted jobs that the Americans enjoy doing, like communicating to the French. Now I know if the French were obliterated this wouldn't matter. But we still need McDonalds personnel and those who bag our groceries.

I want this album, i love the song juicebox and have been a bit of a fan of the strokes for a while now...

Might pick it up this weekend.

I have stareted listening to them and attempting to play the bass to juicebox, durung learning,. I fell in the love with that damn good song. I might get the album...

Yeah I like this record too. Some people I've spoken to don't like it for being too metally but I think it's a strength. Heart In A Cage is quality and I was pleasantly surprised to hear synth on Ask Me Anything.

So yeah, thumbs up.

Love juicebox, i remember there's an older song by the strokes but i forgot what it was called... i really liked it tho..

I love this album, by the by is track 12 just meant to end the way it does - Singer in full voice and it just ends - or my CD is fooked.

I got it the day it came out and only played it twice. I like the album but haven't given it the love it needs. Still, Juicebox is a fantastic song. SOAG likes it too, don't you soag ;)

Oh and the digipack version is sweet, can change the cover round and stuff. Plus the lyric art stuff is sweet.

first three songs are brilliant, next five are very good, next six are nothing special.

not quite the return to form i was hoping for but there are some great songs on there, hopefully they'll stick around long enough to make the great album that i know they can.

I got it. I think it's really great and the most emotional stuf he's ever wrote. So much better than their last disk imo.

Can't wait to see them next week.

Sign in to follow this