NEurope
Wii

Factor 5 had a Star Wars Trilogy Compilation finished for Wii, but it was cancelled

I want Dark Squadron. :(

Still annoys me that this never got released. The thing is finished! They should just slam it on the eShop and call it a day

It's absolutely maddening! The lightsabre Wii game we all wanted, the one that literally every single Wii owner screamed out for, the guaranteed million seller that was literally amongst the very first ideas that sprung to mind when thinking about what could be made for the Revolution. The most ridiculous example of an obvious idea that Lucasarts refused to make... and it was sitting there the whole time (and still is!)

God it looks so good... It's pretty much the dream Star Wars Wii game. They could release it right bloody now on the eShop still and all :(

Dark Squadron sounds like a cool idea as well, there aren't many SW games that play from the imperials' perspective.

I want Dark Squadron. :(

Still annoys me that this never got released. The thing is finished! They should just slam it on the eShop and call it a day

This is what you'll get when you play with big brands. Consider how some might call Nintendo disconnected - imagine some bigwig related to protecting the IP just not understanding enough about an awesome game to allow it and preferring to bury it just because it's easier.

11 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Man, that would be cool if true. I haven't played any of the Rogue Squadron games but have only heard great things! 

Meanwhile, there's me trying to convince Aspyr to remaster the original Battlefront II:

238eb52959c92bd4e8122d7a1f70edf385482dbd

• Haha 1

God I hope this one happens.  This game being unreleased is perhaps the single greatest travesty of the Wii era.

I mean... it's not like there isn't a sodding Rogue Squadron movie coming out or anything...

Edited by Dcubed
  • Thanks 1

At this point, I don't know why they wouldn't release it, as it's just money on the table.

29 minutes ago, S.C.G said:

At this point, I don't know why they wouldn't release it, as it's just money on the table.

That's been my stance ever since the news broke about the Wii game being finished. Hands down one of the most baffling decisions to happen within the industry in recent times.

• Thanks 2

There's even more call for it now, as Aspyr have been re-releasing all kinds of Star Wars games. (some good, some not so good)

I can't think of any reason why these games shouldn't be released now more than ever, especially as the Star Wars franchise is at its most prolific right now, across all media.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Dcubed said:

This game being unreleased is perhaps the single greatest travesty of the Wii era.

Oh really?

Pr2PsM.gif

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, Julius said:

Man, that would be cool if true. I haven't played any of the Rogue Squadron games but have only heard great things! 

The first two games were something special, with the Rogue Leader still holding up to this day. Crazy to think how a GameCube launch period title still puts most modern Star Wars games to shame. Factor 5 were (space) wizards. 

You're in for a treat in the game ever get remastered/ported, providing they get treat with care, which is something I'm dubious about given who's wanting to be involved with the process. Could be a monkey's paw situation.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Could be a monkey's paw situation.

Thinks back to the last time I begged for a port

Realises that what we got was the Final Fantasy Pixel Remasters exclusively on PC and mobile

5f42ec3425196643beab8bf68c4c984b.gif

Oh boy, I sure hope that Rogue Leader and the other Rogue Squadron games aren't remastered, and that if they are, then that it's only for PC and mobile :p

Was that loud enough for your gaming gods to work their black magic, Keighley?! 

But yeah, I would love to see these games get a modern release, there are plenty of classic Star Wars games which need to be ported (to all platforms - ahem, KOTOR), they're simply just too fun to not be played today, but Battlefront II in particular hurts me a lot in its absence on modern consoles that I own in that it's not just one of my favourite Star Wars games, it's one of my favourite games of all time, and I was playing it on my PS2 a whole lot up until I got my PS4 with EA's Battlefront just before The Force Awakens dropped (and oh lord that was over 6 years ago already).

Would also love to see the Revenge of the Sith game get ported, but that one feels like it could be a bit more complex to do, and for whatever reason it's already a digital game on PS3, so I guess that'll do for me ::shrug: Aspyr have done a surprisingly decent job the last few years of getting these out at a decent clip - at one point I feel like Disney wanted everything dead and buried, so I have a sneaking suspicion that Lucasfilm folk might have been pushing for that to not happen - so I hope the Force is with them in getting some of these other classics to us again. The fans have been really receptive to it from what I've seen, and rightly so!

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, Hero-of-Time said:

The first two games were something special, with the Rogue Leader still holding up to this day. 

I thought that Rebel Strike was still mostly a great game, just spoiled a bit by terrible controls for the on foot sections.

Something which was significantly changed for the unreleased Wii version, which has more traditional 3D shooter controls instead of the strange Robotron controls.

1 minute ago, Cube said:

I thought that Rebel Strike was still mostly a great game, just spoiled a bit by terrible controls for the on foot sections.

Something which was significantly changed for the unreleased Wii version, which has more traditional 3D shooter controls instead of the strange Robotron controls.

I didn't really mind them and appreciated that they tried to mix things up a little. I just preferred the more focused approach they had with Rogue Leader.

I liked the on-foot missions in Rebel Strike.  They were a nice way to break up the flight stages, even though weren't as fully polished as they could be.

I think Rebel Strike wasn't awful... just not as good as the previous entries. Still, in a compilation it wouldn't be as much of an issue. Just like Halo 2 was a lot better received in the MCC than when it was originally released. The shortcoming are more easily forgiven.

Speaking of... wasn't there at one point an Xbox-version planned? I seem to recall something among those lines.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-A528B met Tapatalk

9 hours ago, Strange Cookie said:

I think Rebel Strike wasn't awful... just not as good as the previous entries. Still, in a compilation it wouldn't be as much of an issue. Just like Halo 2 was a lot better received in the MCC than when it was originally released. The shortcoming are more easily forgiven.

Speaking of... wasn't there at one point an Xbox-version planned? I seem to recall something among those lines.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-A528B met Tapatalk

There were initial plans for a Rogue Squadron collection on the original Xbox; but this didn't really get past pre-production.

The Wii Rogue Squadron collection however was a completely 100% finished game that was just shelved by Lucasarts.