NEurope
Choze

Ubisoft Boycott: 'forced parity' for PS4 versions to be downgraded to Xbone level.

Black flag was actually really good, so no wonder the price stuck.

I just had a nice experience with the Ubisoft Store. I got a brand new gaming rig (PC) on Black Friday with a GTX 970 gpu, and as an added black friday bonus they gave me three Ubisoft Vouchers. That meant that I got codes for AssCreedUnit, Far Cry 4 and The Crew. Fine by me, as I was planning on buying Far Cry 4 anyway, and I've been a long time supporter of the Ass Creed series. Unity was the only Assassins Creed game I was gonna pass, so to get it for free was a good deal. The Crew also looks interesting, and again, not giving Ubi my money felt even better.

So I go to the Nvidia GeForce page, redeem my codes, so far so good. All my Ubishop codes arrive in my inbox. I go to the Ubishop, add Far Cry 4, AssCreedUnit and the Crew to my shopping cart. I type in my code for AssCreedUnit. Yay. Price goes down to zero. Type in code for the other two. Nothing happens. I take a look at the promo-code info. Only one is active and available. Okay, then I remove the other two games. No worries. I buy AssCreedUnit with no hassle. Go back to purchase Far Cry 4, type in the code. "Code has already been used."

. . .

What. The. Fuck?! Same thing happens with the Crew. So, now I'm stuck with one out of three games, and a very angry mail to the customer service for Ubishop. I mean, who thinks it's a good idea to let people use their codes and not activate them?! God, Ubi... they know how to push my buttons.

Thats awful. hope you sort that out. Be persistant. Should pay off.

BTW this is Ubisoft's AA solution on PS4 version of the Crew:

15942991991_a59a1a7a48_o.jpg

Yep it creates very sharp jagged edges out of straight lines lol. In their desperation for parity they are not only removing effects etc. that have no impact on PS4 performance but also adding filtering to downgrade image quality on the PS4...

I find it utterly ridiculous to think that they'd deliberately sabotage the PS4 version for some sort of parity. Maybe they just didn't put as much resources into fully optimising it when it 'only' needs to be as good as the Xbox One version.

Not particularly interested in any of their current games, still looking forward to the next Rainbow Six though.

....and a very angry mail to the customer service for Ubishop. I mean, who thinks it's a good idea to let people use their codes and not activate them?! God, Ubi... they know how to push my buttons.

Still haven't heard a thing, and I opened a new Tech Support Ticket four days ago, and posted on their official forum early today. Man, thats not a good customer support.

I find it utterly ridiculous to think that they'd deliberately sabotage the PS4 version for some sort of parity.

Except this is exactly what happened and is still happening to games.

Hardly just a Ubisoft thing either.

No idea where to put this, so i'll stick it here.

Emails are coming out to all whom got the Unity Season pass offering you the game of choice*. Got mine earlier, deciding which to get.

Edited by Jimbob

So the situation has changed quite abit. After 4 major patches, Ubisoft have called it a day so no more patches for Ass Creed anymore. Its done. Finished. No more patches.

There have been performance improvements. PS4 performance is now higher than Xbone but its still a very very poor effort for PS4. The game has tons of technical issues and bugs. Crowds are now smoother etc. but its rough framerate wise. Not sure if they rmeoved the sub 1 fps situations. But i hear its better.

Interestingly games rough on PS4 also have the logical side effect of being rough on PC. The pc version has new glitches with the latest patch and performance issues such as stutters remain. You will need unreleased GPU hardware to run the game at a high level of performance from the looks of things. Maybe in a year or many years who knows? Rather dismal year for console to pc ports. Amusingly Nvidia drivers have deliver a bigger jump in performance than actual patching of these problematic games by their developers!

In the meantime pre order the new shitty Ass Creed game! Set in a glitchy London with CG graphic screenshots and trailers up till launch! Hooray for under-delivering over promised junk! Hooray for bugs and issues that will never be patched! Hooray for shite game development.

Edited by Choze