NEurope
Murr

EGX London 2014: Anyone Going?

Sorry if not thread worthy, But... Anyone going to EGX in London this weekend?

I'm heading down on the Sunday. Pretty pumped about it given seeing the list of games on the show floor.

Hoping I can get a go on Splatoon, Smash Bros WiiU, BloodBoune, Drive Club & WWE2k15.

List of games that'll be there: http://www.egxlondon.net/whats-on/show-floor

Hi I have 2 x eurogamer expo tickets for Thursday ( all day tickets )

£20 for the pair

I paid £17 each for these but I cannot attend sadly , I will send the e ticket by email

PayPal gift please

Thank you

I'm going on Thursday, Friday and hopefully Sunday if I can find an 11-7 ticket. It was great fun last year.

Don't forget to bring your 3DS's, streetpassing is great while you wait in queues.

I'm going on Thursday at 2PM. Eager to check out Sunset Overdrive, some of the other PS4/Xbone games and the retro section :D

You'll see me wearing a Monster Hunter shirt (loads of felines on it) and of course I'll have my 3DS on me for Streetpasses, so if you spot me, don't be shy to say hi :)

Myself and @Mandalore have tickets to go on the Saturday afternoon and Sunday. Hopefully i'll run into a few of you whilst there, i'll probably have a Nike rucksack and be wearing a hoodie of some sorts. If i see any of you (i think i only know @Murr by face), i'll say hello.

Myself and @Mandalore have tickets to go on the Saturday afternoon and Sunday. Hopefully i'll run into a few of you whilst there, i'll probably have a Nike rucksack and be wearing a hoodie of some sorts. If i see any of you (i think i only know @Murr by face), i'll say hello.

I'll keep an eye out for the beard ;) don't go shaving it off now

There was a thread about this a while back? I was interested but tickets were gone by time I pulled my finger out, now working sunday but I'm definitely interested in going next year. The tabletop section was actually what intrigued me the most as that's something me and my mates have gotten more into over the last few years.

(there's a smash thing at Meltdown in the evening that I'm likely to be going to, if anyone happens to still be around let me know!)

EDIT: Dis be da thing I planning to go to - would be nice if I could get together with a few of yous at it

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1xRg5TdoNiHmXQbU2qRYIuaYKgOUkOlA3H4e5NV2iM9c/edit

Edited by Rummy

There was a thread about this a while back? I was interested but tickets were gone by time I pulled my finger out, now working sunday but I'm definitely interested in going next year. The tabletop section was actually what intrigued me the most as that's something me and my mates have gotten more into over the last few years.

(there's a smash thing at Meltdown in the evening that I'm likely to be going to, if anyone happens to still be around let me know!)

EDIT: Dis be da thing I planning to go to - would be nice if I could get together with a few of yous at it

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1xRg5TdoNiHmXQbU2qRYIuaYKgOUkOlA3H4e5NV2iM9c/edit

Ooh! They're doing a Smash thingy at Meltdown? Well I just happen to live nearby, have a Wii with Project M ready to go and I'll be back from work just about in time to go...

May have to swing on by :)

I'll bring this to the attention of the chap I'm going with. Sounds like it could be fun. Only snag is i'm driving to London from Bristol and don't have Monday off. So would be wanting to hit the road and getting home at a reasonable hour to keep myself fresh for work.

I may do some last minute adjustments though to the travel and look into coaches. Would be cheaper than petrol in fairness.

Ahh yeah, it's an evening thing unfortunately. I'm working 7 til 3 sunday morning so I might be a bit knackered myself - gonna talk to my bros tomorrow if they're still cool and I'll be driving us over there methinks.

Arrived about an hour ago, most popular game.... Call of Duty with a 90 minute queue.

So what did everyone think of the games they played while they were there?

I didn't play any of Nintendo's own games there (since I'm buying them all anyway), but I did play a decent chunk of the indie games at their booth...

Woah Dave: This one really took me by surprise. I didn't know much about it going in, but it's really good fun! It's basically like the original Mario Bros arcade game with Mario Bros 2 pickup N' throw mechanics and it's SUPER fast! Really fun little pick up and play game and perfect for portable play :)

Affordable Space Adventures: It's pretty much as good as I was hoping it would be and nowhere near as nerdy as I thought it might be. If you don't know what the game is, it's basically like a cave exploration game where you pilot a rickety old broken down el-cheapo ship (hence the game's name) and you have to manually manage all of the ship's subsystems such as lights, thruster output, emitted sounds, ship mass etc via the Gamepad's touch screen (lovingly dubbed the "Heads Down Display") in order to explore the depths of the caves you find yourself in, without getting killed by the nasties that inhabit it.

Anyway, it's really atmospheric in that kind of Metroidy way but not without a sense of humour about the whole thing (your ship sounds like a busted up old banger and can take several tries to start up for instance). It's really fun and a fantastic example of how to design a game purely around the asymmetric screens that only the Wii U can offer :D

Azure Striker Gunvolt: It looks like the Mega Man Z series, but it doesn't play like it. For those of you who thought that it might end up feeling slowpaced because of the slow normal running pace and the way you have to use the electric charge, don't be. The d-pad can be double tapped to run and enemies can be tagged 3 times each, with each subsequent tag meaning that you do much more damage with your main electric attack. It's fast paced and a lot of fun - the only thing that concerns me though is that the level design doesn't seem to involve much actual platforming and that they have an item drop system where you get random items upon completing a level, Monster Hunter style (and I've seen enough complaints about it from US players to know that it's going to be annoying...)

They also had Shantae & The Pirate's Curse out to play (looked to be the final version too!), Shovel Knight, Zombie Panic in Wonderland 3DS, as well as their retail games that you all know about already. They all look amazing and so fun to play (especially Splatoon! I'm not really a big competitive shooter fan, but that looks so bloody fun to play! Everyone was really getting into it! - long lines for that one!)

One thing I noticed that was a bit concerning was with Ultimate NES Remix... It doesn't seem to support S3D at all! (making it completely pointless if you own the Wii U games, unless you're really desperate for portability or Speed Mario Bros)

Outside of Nintendo's booth I played...

Sunset Overdrive: Nice long queues for this one... They only had a multiplayer demo out to play (unless you were one of the lucky ones that won access to the Xbox VIP area... which I wasn't :heh: ) but I enjoyed it well enough. It's a very messy game, in that it's hard to tell what the hell is going on. Very chaotic (so chaotic that I somehow managed to crash the console I was playing on :laughing: ), and the controls are a bit fiddly in the heat of battle (trying to switch weapons by holding the left bumper down can be a bit awkward), but decent fun.

I wouldn't say that it seemed like a must have, but if I had an Xbone, I'd probably get it. Seems like some decent uncomplicated fun :)

Little Big Planet 3: It's LBP... Though Oddsock's controls are much less floaty than Sackboy! (HALELLULIA!) Otherwise, it's pretty much just more LBP with extra playable characters and more layers. Graphics aren't even really any better than LBP 2 outside of the resolution bump.

Rive: I already spoke about this in the Rive thread, but this is the tits!

It's like if a platformer and a twin stick shooter had a baby. It just feels so good and satisfying to play! There are some light puzzle elements and some gravity manipulating shenanigans on top of the robot hacking as well. It's a thinking man's run & gun shooter (albeit with twin stick style controls, instead of a Contra style uno-directional setup) and it's polished to a mirror sheen!

Awesome awesome awesome! Can't wait! :bouncy:

Monstrum: A really cool PC game which has you escaping from a creepy facility while being constantly stalked by unseen monsters. Everything is procedurally generated (level designs, item locations, monster locations etc), so you never know where to go or what to expect to jump out at you...

... I played this with the Oculus Rift! (DK1), so it was a great way to finally try out the Rift without having to deal with the multi-hour long lines either ;)

I have to say... The DK1's picture quality is terrible, utterly utterly terrible, I could hardly see anything at all! So dark, blurry and pixellated, but still impressively immersive. Head tracking worked more or less perfectly! I wouldn't say that it ever felt "real" in any way, but it does get you into the game in a really cool way (you'll be looking over your shoulder a lot in this game!)

Omega Agent: Now this is a Pilotwings style flight game... that used the Oculus Rift DK2! The game demo put you into a Rocket Belt style vehicle, with controls that were similar to the Pilotwings style games and you had to fly through rings in a training course. Good fun, but you're probably more interested in how the DK2 Rift felt...

It... is better than the DK1, much better... The image quality is significantly better, but when people say that 1080p isn't enough for each eye, I have to agree. You can still see each individual pixel on the screen (and even the RGB colours that make them up - it's like looking at one of those Pentile OLED screens or a DSi XL right in your face), and I also think that 60hz (or 75hz if it was running at that) is too low too - as I could see the screens flickering too. But either way, it's still really immersive and even gave me a bit of a feeling of vertigo when I flew up as high as I could and let myself fall to the ground by shutting off my engines and tilting my head downwards! That being said though, I still think that the idea of it feeling like "Virtual Reality" is way overselling it. Even with sound proofing headphones on and using the DK2 (even imagining the image quality issues being sorted), I still wouldn't be fooled into thinking that it's real - it's more like having a 360 degree/6DOF display surrounding you. As cool as it is, I would be very hesitant to call it "VR" in the fantasy sense that it is being pitched as.

Personally, I'd be more excited for the possibilities it offers in terms of controls. This game had a really cool control scheme where your craft would move in the direction that you looked (You'd press the Right trigger on the 360 controller to use your thrusters and your craft would travel in the direction that you'd look while you hold down the trigger), it's really intuitive! I can imagine some really neat new game ideas that could come out of this thing! :D

There were a lot of other indie games on PC that I tried out, but I can't remember their names right now, so I'll have to look em up!

The retro section was cool too, but it was pretty surreal to see the Wii, PS3 and 360 there... (Yeah technically they're all last gen now, but it's still weird to see them sitting there in a retro section alongside NES and Mega Drive consoles!)

For the rest of Sony and MS' booths, it was mostly eyes on as I just couldn't be arsed to go through all that queuing! So I could give you impressions on how other games there looked, but nothing in depth about how they played :p

I managed to get a go on Far Cry 4, Driveclub, Yoshi's Knitted Wool and Monster Hunter 4 earlier. Only queues were for Driveclub (but that was for a fastest lap to win a PS4) and Far Cry 4. Got a full day tomorrow, more to play.

Ahh yeah, it's an evening thing unfortunately. I'm working 7 til 3 sunday morning so I might be a bit knackered myself - gonna talk to my bros tomorrow if they're still cool and I'll be driving us over there methinks.

Just to say we'll definitely be going to Meltdown this evening(probs be there around half 6ish if I don't get horrendously lost) - if anyone's gonna be going by post and let me know(or try and reach me on 07763 960 933).

I went three days and had a great time, more so than last year. I actually think of the big three Nintendo probably stole the show, there was a LOT of buzz around their booth, helped by Splatoon and Smash U tournaments on the big screen. Some of my highlights...

gaming-elite-gangerous-screenshot-06.jpg

Elite Dangerous

Apart from maybe Zelda U this is probably the game I'm most looking forward to at the moment. I played the original on the NES and the sequel on the PC all those years ago, incredible memories. This game is looking pretty much perfect, I can't believe there don't seem to be anything that looks off with it. The EGX set-up was excellent, 12 stations all arranged in a War-Room like circle, half hour queue to play at most, very friendly staff. Must have queued to play it about 6 times in total, one time the dev very kindly let me take off and re-dock on the station which wasn't part of their usual demo. Incredible game, can't wait for release in a couple of months.

Splatoon-Screenshot.jpg

Splatoon

I also can't speak highly enough of this, so much fun. The tactical play is great and it's a lot of fun hiding in your own ink ready to ambush any opposing players. Looks great and I reckon we've only barely scratched the surface of the final game. The lady on the mic for this did an incredible job. No idea where she got all that energy from for four days.

lumino-city.jpeg

Lumino City

My god this game looks spectacular. The original on iPad was excellent but so short, this looks about ten levels up from that, the dev I spoke to mentioned it was a 10 hour game. Cannot wait.

Captain Toad

Loved it but it wasn't anything new, having seen the E3 demos I practically had the stages memorised. Nice visuals.

Sonic U and 3DS

Dear god the controls are diabolical. The 3DS is a tad more playable though.

Yoshi's Woolly World

It looks really nice but to be honest I get such a New Island vibe from it that it's a bit off-putting. Seems to play EXACTLY like it, though the levels seem bigger in scope.

Kirby

Decent enough fun. I prefer the Triple Deluxe style of gameplay though.

Drive Club

If you're into driving sims it's probably fantastic, but it just bored me tbh.

sunset-5-pc-games.jpg

Sunset Overdrive

Seemed a bit chaotic and all over the place to be honest. Changing weapons seemed very awkward and aiming wasn't the easiest. Looked stunning though and will probably be fun. Not sure horde mode at night was the best way of showing it off. Nice to see a shooter that has a bit of creative imagination.

4294663972.jpg

Also liked: Affordable Space Adventures (definitely picking that up) and Ori and the Blind Forest (the XBox staff were useless and just stood back and let you get on with it, unlike the extremely friendly Nintendo people),

m11-ss11.jpg

misstake1.png

never_alone_3.jpg

indiegamestowatch-1.jpg

Special mentions to the indie stuff upstairs: Velocity 2X, The Room 3, Never Alone, A Light in Chorus (wow), Mushroom 11 and The Marvellous Miss Take.

Alien Isolation and EVE Valkyrie were pretty cool with Oculus.

All in all a fantastic show. Very very busy but if you time things right it's not so bad. Can't believe how long people queue to play Call of Duty 27.

(as people can tell I like my games colourful!)

Edited by Ronnie

Well I only had Sunday ticket, but think I manged to do pretty well considering. List of games I got to play:

Alien Isolation

Bloodbourne

Drive Club

Dying Light

Far Cry 4 (Twice)

Futuridium

Mortal Kombat X

Ori and the blind Forest

Project Cars

Splatoon

Suregeon Simulator

The Crew

The Evil Within

WWE2k15

Drive Club & Bloodbourne, Wow... they look incredible, so so good. I genuinely cannot think of the correct words to describe how amazing they look.

Unfortunately The Order was always pretty rammed, was hoping to get on that. I didn't even bother queuing for Halo / Sunset OverDrive / Smash Bros due to queues.

As @Jimbob said the COD Queue was ridiculous too.

Dying Light was good fun, But it took me a while to get to grips with the free running. It did say that the demo was from E3, so maybe / hopefully the full game will be a little more responsive.

Alien was scary, really scary. It's pretty difficult, I didn't actual complete the challenge that was set. We were told that the idea is to get to point X, but hiding would be essential to survival. On my pursuit of getting to the end of the level I rarely encountered anything to hide in, and was found out rather quickly resulting in death.

Splatoon was amazing fun. Really enjoyed it. And it was easy to pick up. Ended up finishing with the best result for my team and our team winning which I was pleased with. Hopefully this gets the love it deserves when it retails.

Ori looks lovely, but I couldn't get the hang of it. I had to wall climb, then jump to another side / wall, then back again, and I was on this for quite some time. As said it looks nice, but I needed more time really with it to get to grips with it.

Dying Light reminded me of Resident evil 4. The items to collect, the camera view. The fact that it takes 2 head shots to down an enemy is frightening. And then you have to burn them to stop them coming back. But matches and ammo in general seemed sparse so really got my adrenaline up playing this.

The Crew disappointed big time, and that's a shame as I was really liking the idea of it from what I'd read / seen. But it was so blocky. The cars look slim, but they drive like massive rectangles. Thinking I've got enough distance to just miss a car, or a sign... nope, Some invisible part of my car (or what seemed it) clipped something and I spin out.

I think my game of the show (that I got to play) was Far Cry 4. I enjoyed 3 a lot, and can see this will be the case with 4. I loved using the elephant to stampede into the base, the elephant gets pissed off and just runs havoc on the enemies. Took a while to destroy the helicopter to liberate the station, but got there eventually. Really enjoyed it so played it twice ;)

WWE2k15 Looks fantastic. Took a while to get used to the new grapple mechanic, but should make for some fun multiplayer matches.

My friend that went with me played all the same games, but he got a go on NBA2k15 rather than Project Cars. It looks same as 2k14 really, but that's by no means a bad thing. I enjoyed 14, so will more than likely enjoy 15.

Awesome day all in all. Will definitely try to go for a weekend next time round. Perhaps will try going on week days as it may mean less kids there shortening the queues down.

Well, that was one of the best events I’ve been to this year. First event of this sort I’ve ever had the chance to go to, wow. Anyway I managed to play the following games over the weekend.

Nintendo

Well, Nintendo were at the front right by the entrance. Which was good. They were certainly one of the most energetic groups I’ve seen, some more than others. People certainly were lapping up the Nintendo vibe, with queues for the likes of Monster Hunter, Smash Brothers 3DS, Bayonetta 2 and Hyrule Warriors. Ok, I didn’t much like one rep at the Monster Hunter area. It got that bad I had to leave the booth ½ way into the demo, but other than that I was impressed with their showing. They had a central stage right by their store, where they held tournaments to win prizes. They held a Mario Kart, a Hula Hoop contest and a Super Smash Brothers WiiU tournament (to enter this, you had to win a 3DS tournament earlier).

The games I managed to have a go at were the following.

Monster Hunter 4

What I did manage to play of it, it felt like playing 3. But the bosses were certainly new that’s for sure. I didn’t finish the boss, as I was basically being called a newcomer by a Nintendo rep. They were bellowing how to play instructions out. Which I didn’t like. They also had it on standard 3DS’s without circle pad pro, so a lot of people were struggling. But it wasn’t a bad game overall, something I can see launching with the new 3DS’s next year.

Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker

This was a nice game, the rep explained I could choose from 4 levels. I played a level featuring some lava enemy where you had to avoid his fireballs to reach the finish. Control-wise, I was impressed. It’s certainly something I’ll be interested in picking up down the line.

Super Smash Brothers 3DS

Nintendo said the WiiU version was there, it was. But not for anyone to play unless they won a Smash Brothers 3DS tournament or a challenge they set. Little miffed, but I did play the 3DS version. And got my backside handed to me. Game is out this week, so full opinions coming then.

Yoshi's Woolley World

Quite a surprising game, I played a 2 player level with Mandalore. It was a good game, it is something I am interested in picking up. It feels like New Island, but levels are certainly bigger. I enjoyed New Island, so I reckon I’ll like this when it comes out.

Sony

Fair do’s to them, they were quite approachable in terms of having a chat about up and coming games. They tried to make things organised, but at times there were issues especially at one tent. It would seem the staff they were more concerned about stamping themselves than the long queue outside. Other than that, I was impressed with their showing. Not as eccentric as Nintendo with energy, but certainly were entertaining the gamers. They had a small Vita section, and by small I mean 2 demo units by the Indie section. And they had demo booths of games already out. Their contests featured heavily on Destiny, and I mean heavily. Their stage was right next to the Destiny section. Got myself a Destiny poster walking past.

The games I played were as follows

Driveclub

I jumped the queue for this one, turned out I was standing in a line for the fastest lap to win a PS4, and not to play the game (as there was no queue for that). On the Sunday, they sorted 2 queuing systems out. It was decent enough, I enjoyed it. I played it at night, so didn’t have a chance to play the new weather systems. I kept crashing, but I’ll soon get used to the controls so I stop doing that. It does look and play very smooth, like the old Project Gotham games on the 360. I was happy enough with it, I came back and played it again on Sunday.

Bloodborne

Now, this was impressive. From what I could gather, it was a tough demo. When I played it, only 6 people had completed it and won prizes for it. I was impressed with how fluid the controls were, how great it looked. And it makes you think as to play, which is what I like to see. Certainly something I’ll be picking up.

The Order: 1886

I had to join a queue to join a queue for this (yes you read that right). Was it worth the wait, yes it was. Demo was pretty short, didn’t get to take out any monsters. But it looks and plays great from what I had a go with it. One I’ve pre-ordered.

Little Big Planet 3

I didn’t get much of a go, as there was a pushy Father whom wanted his son to have a go. Some people can be rude I tell ya, but it was good. Plays as well as previous incarnations have. Just with more details.

inFAMOUS First Light

Only could play in a demo arena, it’s as smooth as Second Son just with a female as the lead character. I can’t say much more than that, as there wasn’t much more to say that that.

Then of course came the multi-format games, some were a simple case of jump right in if there was an empty chair, others were the standard queuing system.

Crimes and Punishment: Sherlock Holmes

I wasn’t impressed, felt too much like Murdered: Soul Suspect (just less ghosty)

Assassin's Creed: Rouge

Played a decent demo of it first thing on Sunday (no queues). Plays exactly like Black Flag, which to be fair is a good thing. But then, it’s a bad thing as for each new incarnation you want something different. Think of this as Black Flag on Ice. It’s not something I’ll get on launch, I’ll be waiting for the inevitable PS4/Xbox One ports. That’s kind of what the chap from Ubisoft was hinting at when I was chatting to him afterwards.

Assassin's Creed: Unity (Visual Demo)

Couldn’t play this, it was a simple case of watching the Ubi guy having a go within a tent. Looks very nice, its clear Ubisoft worked more on this than they did on Rouge. More different ideas bottled into this. And Paris is huge, I got a map of the game after watching the demo (pics to follow)

The Witcher III (Visual Demo)

Again, this was a sit down and watch on the big screen demo. From what I could see, and from what they told us. Everything you see you can go to. They certainly were not lying on the size of the map, it was said that in order to get from a town to where one mission took place would take 30-40 minutes on horseback to reach. Got a poster and a free digital Witcher comic book for watching the demo

Far Cry 4

Played 2 demo’s of this, one upstairs in the 18+ section and one downstairs. I love the elephants going on a rampage of the fortress, clearing house. It’s something I really enjoyed, taking out the helicopter was a pain but certainly was an enjoyable demo.

WWE 2k15

It confirmed my suspicions, pretty graphics with iffy gameplay. Didn’t 2k learn from the former THQ.

Alien: Isolation

I lasted all of 3 minutes, died. Not my type of game, I was testing it for a friend. Certainly atmospheric that’s for sure.

The Crew

I happened to jump the queue for this again, they needed one person to join a team of 3. Most people in the queue wanted 2, 3 or 4. I was on my own, so blam. Happened to see @Murr playing whilst I was in the queue. It was alright, felt like Need for Speed but with prettier graphics. It had promise to be good, it felt like a let-down. At least Ubi staff were on hand to give instructions and have a chat with each “Crew”.

The Evil Within

Like Alien, only testing for a friend. Did last longer, about 15 minutes before dying. Again, quite atmospheric.

Trials Fusion

Plays like previous Trials games, not a bad thing. A very good game with some great improvements, which is great.

Lara Croft and the Tomb of Osaris

This is clearly meant for 2 people, and I mean that. Why Square said Sony gamers will be happy with this I do not know. It’s aweful, the least said about it the better.

I even had the chance to raid the Retro gaming, had a go on these and replayed my childhood.

Mario Kart 64

Goldeneye

And of course, the Call of Duty line (at it’s longest) was a 2 ½ hour wait to play. And yes, people were queuing to play it more than once.

Overall impressions, I was impressed. First gaming convention I’ve ever been to, it had great staff and great games to play. I’ll be going again next year. The best section was Nintendo's, but all the staff i spoke to certainly were knowledgeable. More so on the Ubisoft side of things, kind of letting slip on Rouge coming to PS4/Xbox One. I didn't ask that, but they gave a massive hint.

Free Swag

20140929_120723_Android.jpg

20140928_121203_Android.jpg?psid=1

20140928_113457_Android.jpg?psid=1

20140928_111407_Android.jpg?psid=1

20140927_155437_Android.jpg?psid=1

20140927_180600_Android.jpg?psid=1

20140928_121209_Android.jpg?psid=1

20140928_122942_Android.jpg?psid=1

20140928_123411_Android.jpg?psid=1

20140928_135504_Android.jpg?psid=1

20140928_151753_Android.jpg?psid=1

20140928_160442_Android.jpg?psid=1

20140928_162644_Android.jpg?psid=1

20140928_180144_Android.jpg?psid=1

20140928_180228_Android.jpg?psid=1

20140928_180800_Android.jpg?psid=1

20140928_180827_Android.jpg?psid=1

20140928_181027_Android.jpg?psid=1

20140928_181054_Android.jpg?psid=1

20140928_185232_Android.jpg?psid=1

20140928_185243_Android.jpg?psid=1

20140928_185817_Android.jpg?psid=1

Should have given me a shout @Jimbob when I got off The Crew.

I did try and shout over, but it was damn loud up on the upper levels. I was called over just as you finished up.

Had a good time over the weekend. Managed to see/play all the games I was most interested in, plus plenty of others.

The Witcher 3 - Queued for this with @Jimbob when we arrived Saturday afternoon. What was supposed to be a 30 minute queue turned into the best part of an hour with technical delays. It was worth it though, very impressed with the presentation.

Dragon Age Inquisition - Took over an hour to wait for this one, I was warned the queue was 2 hours when joining though. It was a 4 player co-op demo, with one of the games developers there to help out and discuss the game. My team sucked and died quite early on, but I was impressed by what I saw. Will be much better when I play the final game with people I know.

Assassins Creed Rogue - only tried the original once briefly and wasn't impressed. This demo was so much better, I'm tempted to pick up one of the later games in the series to start playing through.

Far Cry 4 - didn't really like this, it just seemed a fairly aimless fps and for a ps4 game it didn't seemed that impressive graphically.

Smash Bros 3DS - fairly standard Smash Bros, a bit cramped on a smaller screen though.

Splatoon - it was a lot of fun, I hope you can disable the motion control aiming in the final game though.

Toads Treasure Tracker - not a game I was interested in until I had a go. It's nice a slow paced platformed, tempted to get it when it comes out now.

Yoshi's Wooly World - co-op made it more interesting, the previous two Yoshi's Island games really disappointed me though, this one doesn't seem much better.

Monster Hunter 4 - I was a bit disappointed here. It just felt and looked exactly the same as MH3. Same cramped feeling playing it on a 3DS.

Trials Fusion - really enjoyed this one despite not being that good at it.

One of my main aims was to try lots of Xbox One and PS4 games out to make a definite choice over which console to choose. I left feeling even more indecisive though. Annoyingly I liked the Xbox One controller a lot more than the PS4. All the games I'm interested in are coming out for both consoles. Will the PS4 versions run significantly better? Will it even be noticeable? In Xbox One's favour I prefer the controller and already have a Xbox account. I was hoping I'd like the PS4 controller then the choice would've been much easier.