NEurope
Crabble

Deadpool Movie, 12 Feb 2016!!!! Yes!!!!

Never really heard of Deadpool before the first trailer, but my word this looks damn good!

That Colossus looks super weird. I know they've gone for a more comic-esque aesthetic, but after several previous movie appearances it looks really out of place.

By the way.....for those of us in the United Kingdom.

The film is out February 4th!! :)

http://www.newsarama.com/26978-deadpool-gets-sassy-in-new-uk-poster.html

Wat! You mean it's out already!? Think I know what I'm doing next week...

Damn! You got me excited! My local Cineworld's showing from 10th, bit gutting as I'm looking to do the meerkat movies but I guess if I ticket up in advance I might still manage to get seats...

Edited by Rummy

Can anyone recommend any good Deadpool graphic novels/compilations? I feel I need to read his work!

Can anyone recommend any good Deadpool graphic novels/compilations? I feel I need to read his work!

personally I enjoyed the run where Daniel Way was the writer, although it was more humour based than the character was normally and it has a mixed rep from the long term Deadpool fans

the current run written by Brian Posehn and Gerry Duggan is supposed to be pretty good as well (starts with a story called Dead Presidents)

There's also a mini series called Deadpool Kills the Marvel Universe which was a fun read but obviously completely outside continuity :)

personally I enjoyed the run where Daniel Way was the writer, although it was more humour based than the character was normally and it has a mixed rep from the long term Deadpool fans

the current run written by Brian Posehn and Gerry Duggan is supposed to be pretty good as well (starts with a story called Dead Presidents)

There's also a mini series called Deadpool Kills the Marvel Universe which was a fun read but obviously completely outside continuity :)

The Daniel Way run is my favourite run. Loved how it linked into the greater MU but still did crazy Deadpool stuff.

Saw it last night. It was completely fucking superb. Just a tour de force of violence and humour. If I'm being really really infuriatingly picky, it could have done with a little cutting down in the middle (literally a minute or two) and Gina Carano is an absolutely awful actress.

But otherwise, if it lives up to repeat viewing which I feel like it will, it's up there with The Dark Knights and The Avengers as a comicbook movie that absolutely nails it (That's the kind of variety I want in comicbook movies; mature, pop and rampant).

Well done Fox and well done Tim Miller.

Saw it last night also. Twas brillig.

The only negative thing about it was that it seemed very low budget at times, but then it probably was. Hopefully the sequel will have more money to spend.

Saw this last night and thought it was amazing. It really delivered and then some!

I dunno even where to begin in terms of trying to explain how good the movie was. I guess i'll just highlight some of my favourite moments.

• Opening credits scene, due to all the names being done in a hilarious way.
  • Colossus Vs Deadpool.
  • Deadpool's pop at Fox for not having the budget for other X-Men.
  • The line where Colssus says he's taking Deadpool to see Xavier and he replies " Stewart or McAvoy?" ( My favourite line in the film).
  • His various reactions/gasps.
  • When he was confused if it was sexist to hit a girl or whether its more sexist to not hit her.
  • "Love is blind and so are you"
  • The toy version of the Deadpool from the Wolverine movie.
  • The Hugh Jackman mask.
  • "Your poor wife!"
  • The Ferris Buellers Day Off moment after the credits was absolutely amazing.
  • His constant 4th wall breaking.
  • Stan Lee as the DJ.
  • The small hand
  • His constant mocking of the name Francis

I could go on and on. :D

In the past, a lot of people have wanted Disney to get the rights off of Fox for the X-Men franchise. While there are benefits to having everything under the same roof, this film shows that there are advantages to having things in separate hands.

The film is crude, violent and irreverent, which is exactly what is needed to shake up the superhero movie genre. While I have zero issues with Disney's Marvel output ( love them all ), it's refreshing to see someone go down a completely different route. This movie simply would not have been made had Disney had the rights to it.

From what i've read, the movie has been a massive success so far, pulling in great numbers for the opening days. The future certainly looks bright for this franchise and will definitely be giving the higher ups something to think about.

Saw this on Wednesday with Magnus Peterson who's quite a Deadpool fan(and got me into Cable and Deadpool). We were most certainly not dissappointed!! Absolutely loved it, planning to possibly go see it again next week I think. Seemed well paced, constantly entertaining, and full of so many funnies. Not sure what my expectations were, but it definitely exceeded them! I skipped out on the post credits though.

Not much chatter on here about this. I thought more people would have wanted to see it. ::shrug:

12743919_962950123758818_274950559944831094_n.jpg?oh=29db7cf4b0b60eadef4870180f11137c&oe=5725A125

I've been listening to the Deadpool rap at various points in the day. Can't get enough of it. :D

Edited by Hero-of-Time

Saw it last night. Was one of the best Comic book movies I have seen. Loved it!

Also, sound track is immense!

Yeah, it was absolutely brilliant. Saw it on Wednesday, just haven't got around to posting about it yet.

The humour was absolutely on point throughout, and I loved how its structure subverted the usual superhero origin movie. And it was so violent, it didn't hold back at all.

I also LOVED the fourth wall breaking moments. I only really was familiar with Deadpool from the Lego Marvel game and knew not to expect your standard superhero movie, but I never expected something this brilliant!

Not much chatter on here about this. I thought more people would have wanted to see it. ::shrug:

12743919_962950123758818_274950559944831094_n.jpg?oh=29db7cf4b0b60eadef4870180f11137c&oe=5725A125

That's amazing for not just Deadpool's gross but that Batman Begin's OW was so low and went on to spawn The Dark Knight ($158M). Also kind of amazed how strong MoS opened. But yeah, well deserved for Deadpool, the only R-rated film up there.

Got around to watching this last night, cinema was packed.

Absolutely loved the film. There was a minor pacing hiccup in the middle but it was brilliant nonetheless. One bit had me in tears from laughing which has not happened for a while!

Got around to watching this last night, cinema was packed.

Absolutely loved the film. There was a minor pacing hiccup in the middle but it was brilliant nonetheless. One bit had me in tears from laughing which has not happened for a while!

Was it where he was smacking Colossus and kept breaking his bones? That section had everyone howling at the cinema.

:D

I'm off to give this a second viewing on Saturday night. Cant wait. :yay:

Saw this late last night. Absolutely fantastic! I wouldn't say that this is a film that relies on one or two funny moments either. It's consistently funny all the way throughout, particularly the little one-liners and wisecracks. Legit lolled in the cinema at the Sinead O'Connor references. The script-writers deserve every single penny that they've earned for this film. :D

Woodseeagain/10

Thought they also got the length of the film spot on, too. It didn't require any filler and it didn't drag on too long until the point where it stopped being funny.

Nailed it. Oh boy did they nail it! Loved it completely and was in stitches throughout!