NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Hero-of-Time

Smash Bros 3DS Import Thread *SPOILERS INSIDE*

Why do people want Ridley, anyway? He's a bit of a generic character, if you ask me.

Because almost every other Nintendo franchise in the Smash games has had more than one representative. With Metroid, it's just been Samus with or without her suit, and Ridley has been a part of almost every Metroid game. His relationship with Samus is similar to that of Mario and Bowser, so it wouldn't make sense to deny him from representing the Metroid franchise in a Smash game.

He also killed Samus's parents, so he's sort of the Joe Chill of Metroid.

Honestly, I have heard from Nintendo that they wouldn't make any DLC for Mario Kart 8, and look what they did now. Sakurai said there won't be any DLC for Super Smash, but honestly, when I look at the final roster in the 3DS version, you see that there are 4 more spaces for other characters.

So in all, I wouldn't wonder if this DLC is true.

No company wants to turn down money.

They need to update this .gif by replacing the DS with DLC somehow.

it-prints-money.gif

For those of you with an imported copy: is it possible to turn off the bar at the bottom of the touch screen? I don't need a constant reminder of how much battery I have left or what time it is.

Honestly, I have heard from Nintendo that they wouldn't make any DLC for Mario Kart 8, and look what they did now. Sakurai said there won't be any DLC for Super Smash, but honestly, when I look at the final roster in the 3DS version, you see that there are 4 more spaces for other characters.

So in all, I wouldn't wonder if this DLC is true.

When did Nintendo ever say that they wouldn't do Mario Kart 8 DLC? They never said that. In fact, we had announcement of DLC before launch.

When did Nintendo ever say that they wouldn't do Mario Kart 8 DLC? They never said that. In fact, we had announcement of DLC before launch.

I don't remember where, but I have read it somewhere before the game even came out that there wouldn't be any DLC. Might have been just a rumor.

Everything I see of Zelda indicates that she has been massively improved, buffed in a lot of ways, much more versatile now. Farore's Wind sounds crazy good, I'm more excited for that move than the Phantom!

I'm also looking forward to using Palutena, whose playstyle seems to be on the same wavelength. It's weird that she doesn't seem to have much in the way of weaknesses.

Can't see much info on Ike & Ganondorf, though. Sounds like the latter is generally improved, while Ike has shorter reach. But nothing too specific.

Either way, I'm so excited :bouncy: Just found out that a local store is going to hold a tournament when the Wii U version comes out, so I'll get a chance to play it.

Advertisey but I did these if you're interested

http://www.serebii.net/smashbros3dswiiu/stages3ds.shtml

http://www.serebii.net/smashbros3dswiiu/characters.shtml

Working on Custom moves

There's already a lot of info and screens of custom moves available, so you might consider 'borrowing' that info to save some time ;)

I think someone on Smashboards went through every move and included how much damage, knock back and animation frames a move had. I don't understand how people have done this in only a few days!

There's already a lot of info and screens of custom moves available, so you might consider 'borrowing' that info to save some time ;)

I think someone on Smashboards went through every move and included how much damage, knock back and animation frames a move had. I don't understand how people have done this in only a few days!

The grind for custom moves is making me tear my hair out, but I won't borrow from other places. That's not in my nature. I leave that to certain other places.

The grind for custom moves is making me tear my hair out, but I won't borrow from other places. That's not in my nature. I leave that to certain other places.

How are they actually unlocked?

How are they actually unlocked?

Randomly when you get a setting. There's a chance of it being a Smash Run item or a custom move. However, you can get duplicates.

I haven't been interested in this new Smash Bros. game in the slightest, but having read some of the views filtering through with the Japanese release, I'm kind of wanting it. @Hero\-of\-Time tells me theres an impending demo so I'll be checking that out - and hopefully that will remind me this is still the same old game it's always been. They could stick N64 Smash Bros. on the VC (with online...?) and that would do me. :D

Here's a good example of what Pikachu's new Thunder can lead to:

@Zell, @Jonnas

As cool as that is, it's not a "true" inescapable combo. For instance, the Sheik could have teched after the Thunder, or avoided the Thunder through DI or airdodging.

Not a huge fan of the new Thunder since I can no longer Thunderflip. Although apparently Pikachu has a custom Thunder which is similar to his Melee one so hopefully I'll be able to Thunderspike with that!

Pika's best move I think is his Fair. It has very little landing lag so I can usually follow it up with an Utilt or Ftilt. It is also my go-to gimping/edgeguarding move.

As cool as that is, it's not a "true" inescapable combo. For instance, the Sheik could have teched after the Thunder, or avoided the Thunder through DI or airdodging.

Not a huge fan of the new Thunder since I can no longer Thunderflip. Although apparently Pikachu has a custom Thunder which is similar to his Melee one so hopefully I'll be able to Thunderspike with that!

Pika's best move I think is his Fair. It has very little landing lag so I can usually follow it up with an Utilt or Ftilt. It is also my go-to gimping/edgeguarding move.

Very true about the tech! But if you can predict which way they tech... ;)

And I believe you can use Pikachu's regular thunder via custom moves :)

Can I ask why Black Pit got a roster spot? Is Sakurai bias to his games in Smash?

Kind of annoying Pit and Kirby got new final smashes while characters like Link, Toon Link and Ganondorf get no sort of refurbs. A Toon Link with baton-based FS would have been cool for example.

Can I ask why Black Pit got a roster spot? Is Sakurai bias to his games in Smash?

Kind of annoying Pit and Kirby got new final smashes while characters like Link, Toon Link and Ganondorf get no sort of refurbs. A Toon Link with baton-based FS would have been cool for example.

The bias thing will always be one thing but clones are an easy way to pad out the roster. For example, Sakurai said he wanted King Dedede in Melee but the work required to add him was too large so instead they add several clone characters (Doc, Pichu, Young Link).

The bias thing will always be one thing but clones are an easy way to pad out the roster. For example, Sakurai said he wanted King Dedede in Melee but the work required to add him was too large so instead they add several clone characters (Doc, Pichu, Young Link).

Understandable, I guess. But in hindsight, I would prefer work on new characters or rebuffs of existing ones instead of the clone filler shiz.

What I had heard was that Sakurai at the time opted to not include Dedede because he didn't want to be too biased towards his own franchise. In Brawl, he threw that thought out of the window, instead acting as if each game is the last.

Understandable, I guess. But in hindsight, I would prefer work on new characters or rebuffs of existing ones instead of the clone filler shiz.

I do think he should rework more characters, but I don't think clones take that much work. Usually a skin change, and really minor changes (of the "change an algorithm and see if it works" variety). I don't think 3 clones are equivalent to even one new character.

@Jonnas, there's a GIF going round of a Jigglypuff doing a up-tilt, up-tilt->Rest on Sheik...0% to Death at 40%.

OH MAN. That power.

@Jonnas, there's a GIF going round of a Jigglypuff doing a up-tilt, up-tilt->Rest on Sheik...0% to Death at 40%.

OH MAN. That power.

So they fixed her Rest? Good. Though I have to feel Jigglypuff to truly see if she's back to being a fun character.

In other news, it seems projectile-focused characters have proven to be viable in these early tournaments. ROB, Duck Hunt Dog, Zelda, Ness, Robin... All of them useful, even if guys like Little Mac can shut down some of them.

And now:

comic372.png

Sign in to follow this