NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Hero-of-Time

Smash Bros 3DS Import Thread *SPOILERS INSIDE*

Super Smash Bros 3DS: Pokémon League & Pac-Man's Final Smash (Japanese Gameplay)

The final smash is obvious but cool none the less. Definitely a character I'll try to get good with.

Controls are great.

Just wish I could have streamed longer, but my net is being temperamental

Oh, I figure people may want these

00013.png00014.png00015.png00016.png00017.png00018.png00019.png00020.png

Edited by Serebii
Automerged Doublepost

@Ike are those done by saving them to the SD card?

Yup. Pause and hit L/R to take a photo. Doesn't work in the demo.

Does that mean you could quit the game log into miiverse then add them?

Quite clunky but a workaround possibly for standard 3ds owners?

Yup. Pause and hit L/R to take a photo. Doesn't work in the demo.

Awesome. I'm not too bothered by the Miiverse thing, then. I pretty much use it to get screenshots and save them elsewhere (on the Wii U I just upload via browser).

Does that mean you could quit the game log into miiverse then add them?

Quite clunky but a workaround possibly for standard 3ds owners?

It won't work - you can't upload saved photos to Miiverse, just the current screens.

I just don't get how Ridley would work.

Charizard has been in the last two games. Ridley won't be any more difficult than that.

Charizard has been in the last two games. Ridley won't be any more difficult than that.

No? I picture Ridley as being massive compared to Samus. In Pokemon, we never really had a size reference, did we?

Then again, they could always use the NES version of Ridley.

Size matters not.

Not to mention that Ridley varies a lot in size, appearance and colour throughout the Metroid series.

Edited by Cube

The size thing is a non issue really. Hell, in Mario 64, Sunshine and the Galaxy games, Bowser is WAY bigger than Mario.

Ridley's exclusion is mainly because Metroid is not something on Sakurai's radar especially as it's more popular in the West than in Japan. Unfortunately, he gave us 3 Kid Icarus characters instead, 1 being a clone.

Also, you know how before matches a little 'tip' comes onto the screen? Apparently many of those actually explain advanced techniques, such as Smash DI and pivot grabbing. Pretty cool addition :)

The "Ridley is 2 BIIIIG" argument is full of bullshit. In Smash, you've got Olimar and Pikachu fighting characters who should be towering over them. Bowser, for example. The scale is adjusted. Let's be real for a moment, Olimar wouldn't make a fucking dent on Ganondorf if they were done to scale of how they normally appear.

Aside from Ridley, there are many, many other characters from the Metroidverse that could appear. Nightmare would be immense, for example. Even Mother Brain as she appears in Super Metroid could be done. What about the Omega Metroid from Fusion?

This video goes into a lot of detail about how regardless of the character, size doesn't matter in the Smash universe.

Sign in to follow this