NEurope
Happenstance

Extra Life 24 Hour Charity Gaming Marathon (25th Oct)

Plus points for PSO Episodes I & II there @Goafer! : peace:

I'd recognise that game by its spine a mile away. ;)

We'll be starting Extra Life at 7am tomorrow (today) and internet connection permitting, once again will be live streaming the whole 24 hours so I hope some of you will tune in from time to time. I'll try to leave the Twitch chat open next to me as well. Bed now though!

http://www.twitch.tv/happenstanceuk

Goafer and I had our race on sonic adventure again....

He beat me! Just!! Was super close, he was ahead going into final boss, as I started the boss he died, all I had was one more hit to win... then I died!

$10 dollars from me to Goafer for his victory!

Team Canada are GO!

twitch.tv/flameboy84 for some hot Sunset Overdrive and Robocop VS Terminator action!

Best of luck everyone, randomly selected whom the donations will be going to.

Well we just hit the $800 mark in donations! Keep them coming! and more importantly come watch us twitch.tv/flameboy84 and twitch.tv/happenstanceuk

Been fun so far!!!

Sonic 2 challenge complete! (act 1 first level speed run) (no practising, one run only)

The times were...

@Happenstance - 45 seconds

@Goafer - 45 seconds

@Nintenchris - 45 seconds

@The Peeps - 40 seconds

@flameboy - 40 seconds

@ReZourceman - 39 seconds

@Cube - 37 seconds

@Mike1988uk - 36 seconds

So the losing three all donated to me $10 each! Thanks guys.....

:heh::heh::heh::heh::heh:

Edited by Mike1988uk

And we're done! Thanks to all of you who watched the streams at various points and especially to those who donated. It looks like we should hit $1000 next week once all donations are added from people who didnt want to use the site itself.

The UK team are stupidly tired at the moment so we'll be grabbing a couple of hours sleep before everyone heads home Flameboy and Nintenchris will be going for a few more hours so it'd be great if those of you who are awake could watch and chat to them to keep them going!

Into our last hour! Come watch some Titanfall!

twitch.tv/flameboy84

By no means as accurate as list's I've kept in the past but here is the run down of how I spent my time;

8am Robocop VS Terminator

9.20am Streets of Rage

10.15am World of Illusion

10.40am Quattro Adventure

11.15am FIFA 15

2.15pm Fibbage

4.10pm Mount you Friends

4.30pm KI

4.45PM Smash Bros 3DS

6.15PM Rygar

6.20PM Jurrasic Park Rampage Edition

6.30 Sonic2 Speed Challenge

7:00 KFC

7:30 The Yawhyg

8:12 Football Challenge!

9.30 FIFA 15

12.05 Chariot

2.35 MUGEN

3.10 Shadows of Mordor

5.10 Minecraft

6.22 Dead Rising Ultra HD Edition alpha plus +

7.00 Titanfall

7.45 Peggle 2

8.00 DONE

I'm finally more awake.

Totally radical time all round really. My personal breakdown:

The astoundingly close Sonic Adventure race. Side by side end boss fights was fucking tense. I started in the lead, then I died stupidly, putting Mike into the lead. Then he died, giving me time to secure the victory. Very good competition.

Need For Speed: The Run was up next. Didn't like the demo all that much when I played it, but I thought I'd give it a go because I liked the idea of a cross America race with a little bit of a story. I'm glad I did. Whilst it wasn't great, it certainly wasn't bad. Much better than I was expecting and I think the critics gave it a bit of a hard time. Completed it in one sitting.

Then on the Prince of Persia. Didn't stay on this long as it was a bit shat. After Assassin's Creed, the movement just felt wrong. 3/10: Would not smash.

I then started Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel. I wouldn't say it was the best game ever, but it was pretty good. I can see what some of the reviews are saying about there being something not quite right about it. It just feels a bit soulless. The characters are forgettable and not as good as the first 2 games. The environment is also not as good, with it occasionally being confusing to navigate. That said, it was the only single player game I played for the rest of the event, so it can't have been too bad. Guess I like looting.

Other than Borderlands, the rest of the night/morning was taken up with Cloudberry Kingdom, Mount Your Friends and the Sonic 2 race. Cloudberry Kingdom was great fun. I've never been one for those insanely hard, repeat until you make it style games, but CK was great. I loved getting finding/getting into the rhythm of the jumps and learning when to move etc. I'm hoping that it becomes a regular Extra Life game.

Mount Your Friends was epic as always. Playing with our own faces on the characters was beautiful. Can't wait to see the footage of it. My personal favourite moment was doing the horizontal climb in teams. Me, Happenstance and ReZ on one team, Mike, Peeps and Cube on the other. Towards the end, we were flinging the characters along the pile. Time was running out on my go as I got about 75% along the pile and the other team dared me to launch my guy, thinking I would overshoot. I was running out of time, so I did it, only to cling on to the tip of the pile and basically win the game for us.

I was disappointed with my performance in the Sonic 2 race. I was the first to go, with no real memory of the level. It was revealed during the course of the competition that the quickest route was the one with the speed sneakers on, which I didn't take. I did have another crack at it later and got my time down to about 32 seconds or so, but it obviously didn't count. Embarrassing really.

Good time all round really and not too bad in terms of tiredness. It was still hard and I feel a bit rough now, but it was ok.

#truebrobants #bantommenace #vivalabants

I will post tomorrow (after work) with my gaming etc when I'm hopefully more alive...

But yes, epic race on sonic adventure with you @Goafer ! Excited for next years, this one was closer than the last for sure!!

Mount Your Friends was epic as always. Playing with our own faces on the characters was beautiful. Can't wait to see the footage of it. My personal favourite moment was doing the horizontal climb in teams. Me, Happenstance and ReZ on one team, Mike, Peeps and Cube on the other. Towards the end, we were flinging the characters along the pile. Time was running out on my go as I got about 75% along the pile and the other team dared me to launch my guy, thinking I would overshoot. I was running out of time, so I did it, only to cling on to the tip of the pile and basically win the game for us.

That was an amazing feat of prowess! In no other game will you find brute force merging so elegantly with grace and precision.

I can't wait to see it in the highlights!

My Goldeneye run ended on Jungle and I'm quite pleased with how far I got through it. I spent far too long on Archive trying to defeat infinitely spawning waves of enemies when I should've been rushing through from the start. The Train level was another hurdle as my success was ultimately dependant on the Artificial Ignorance (I believe Goafer coined that one) of Natalya.

I probably could have at least completed every level (my stretch ambition was to also unlock every cheat) if I'd kept with it for the whole 24 hours, but I would never want to abstain from the multiplayer fun. Cloudberry Kingdom, Smash Bros and Mount Your Friends were fantastic to play. The Sonic competition was great too but it's a shame we couldn't quite get Fibbage to work on our end.

I would like to apologise to Happenstance who was sat nearest my TV and had an earful of near non-stop shooting sounds from Goldeneye for 14 hours straight!

I still have an itch to complete Goldeneye actually so I think the Nintendo 64 will be the first console I actually set back up!

Here is the video of our ending. Was a good time...got highlights of our football tournament still to come, plus a time lapse video. Unfortunately due to the way were pulling the footage through everything is a bit out of sync for that part but it's all good! An epic moment to finish the event on!

That was an amazing feat of prowess! In no other game will you find brute force merging so elegantly with grace and precision.

I can't wait to see it in the highlights!

My Goldeneye run ended on Jungle and I'm quite pleased with how far I got through it. I spent far too long on Archive trying to defeat infinitely spawning waves of enemies when I should've been rushing through from the start. The Train level was another hurdle as my success was ultimately dependant on the Artificial Ignorance (I believe Goafer coined that one) of Natalya.

I probably could have at least completed every level (my stretch ambition was to also unlock every cheat) if I'd kept with it for the whole 24 hours, but I would never want to abstain from the multiplayer fun. Cloudberry Kingdom, Smash Bros and Mount Your Friends were fantastic to play. The Sonic competition was great too but it's a shame we couldn't quite get Fibbage to work on our end.

I would like to apologise to Happenstance who was sat nearest my TV and had an earful of near non-stop shooting sounds from Goldeneye for 14 hours straight!

I still have an itch to complete Goldeneye actually so I think the Nintendo 64 will be the first console I actually set back up!

Shame we didn't get to watch your Goldeneye you sound like a pro!!!

Here is the video of our ending. Was a good time...got highlights of our football tournament still to come, plus a time lapse video. Unfortunately due to the way were pulling the footage through everything is a bit out of sync for that part but it's all good! An epic moment to finish the event on!

Shame we didn't get to watch your Goldeneye you sound like a pro!!!

Even though I spent hours trying to get through certain levels I do like to think I'm pretty good at the game. On the 00 Agent difficulty you can only take like 5 hits before you're dead and I dived straight in after not having played the game for like 10 years!

I'm looking at buying some cables so I can record a playthrough at home. I've got a capture card in my PC but it doesn't have RCA ports so I need a converter and some splitters!

Even though I spent hours trying to get through certain levels I do like to think I'm pretty good at the game. On the 00 Agent difficulty you can only take like 5 hits before you're dead and I dived straight in after not having played the game for like 10 years!

I'm looking at buying some cables so I can record a playthrough at home. I've got a capture card in my PC but it doesn't have RCA ports so I need a converter and some splitters!

You can buy little boxes that do RCA to HDMI and stuff so it's entirely possible.

My Goldeneye run ended on Jungle and I'm quite pleased with how far I got through it. I spent far too long on Archive trying to defeat infinitely spawning waves of enemies when I should've been rushing through from the start.

Remember that time you thought that Natalya had ran off to the starting room and that you hadn't picked up the key?

Luckily, it turned out she had ran to the only room in the level with enemies left.

Remember that time you thought that Natalya had ran off to the starting room and that you hadn't picked up the key?

Luckily, it turned out she had ran to the only room in the level with enemies left.

Yes I was feeling very pessimistic at that point lol. Your optimism led me to her though :)

Typical that she'd pick that one place to feel safe...

Edited by The Peeps