NEurope
Happenstance

Extra Life 24 Hour Charity Gaming Marathon (25th Oct)

Extra-Life.jpg

Its getting close to that time of year again when our team will be doing the Extra Life 24 hour charity gaming marathon so i thought I'd make a new thread and hopefully drum up some support.

Our team is on a mission to save kids through video games, and we need your help. Each of us has chosen our local Children's Miracle Network Hospital where thousands of children are treated each year, regardless of their family's ability to pay. These kids are facing scary stuff like cancer, cystic fibrosis, and injuries from accidents to name just a few.On October 25th, 2014, we'll be part of a huge international celebration of the social impact of gamers with Extra Life and it's our sincere hope that you'll find it in your heart to support us with a monthly pledge or one-time gift that will go directly to that team member's chosen hospital.Your donation is tax-deductible and ALL PROCEEDS go to help kids.Last year, Extra Life raised more than 4 million dollars to save kids, but in 2014 our goals, just like the needs of the kids we serve, are much, much higher.We can't do this without your help. Donating online is safe and easy!

We should be hosting from two locations again this year and depending on how my unreliable Internet holds up, hopefully streaming from both. Camera quality should also be much better this year. I know last time we had echo problems but this time I'll be doing a lot more testing before hand! We will have a variety of both current and retro consoles/games being played this year.

UK Team:

@Happenstance

@Goafer

@ReZourceman

@Mike1988uk

@The Peeps

@Cube

Canada Team:

@flameboy

@Nintenchris

Here is a Youtube video from our 2012 team (only 12 of the 24 hours because I gone done lost the other footage lol)

Link to our streaming page:

http://www.djcube.co.uk/extralife/

Managed to find 6 hours of footage from last years event and put it into a timelapse video. Unfortunately the rest has been lost to Twitch's new archive rules.

Good luck guys, would be up for this next year if there was any space. There was some issue with the feed last year, I remember, I think the sound really messed up and was repeating everything said so it was really hard to hear you all. I'll pop by into the comment area every so often. :p

I'll be supporting as always, and as always i wish you all the best of luck when the time comes.

Good luck guys, would be up for this next year if there was any space. There was some issue with the feed last year, I remember, I think the sound really messed up and was repeating everything said so it was really hard to hear you all. I'll pop by into the comment area every so often. :p

As always it's a constant struggle to get all the streams up and running properly when we are not using professional equipment etc... I do feel we steadily increase as the years go by!

As always it's a constant struggle to get all the streams up and running properly when we are not using professional equipment etc... I do feel we steadily increase as the years go by!

Didnt really help that my PC was having a meltdown last year either so I couldnt connect the second webcam lol.

Didnt really help that my PC was having a meltdown last year either so I couldnt connect the second webcam lol.

Yeah that's true. I still have to test my new camera actually.

We've got a backup this year in case the stream goes to shit. We're going to try and record everything and publish it later if need be. Maybe in chunks/events. For example: the Cards Against Humanity game might be a video of it's own. Same for Mount Your Friends, Cloudberry Kingdom etc.

I'll be bringing my fancy camera for Hollywood blockbuster quality*

*ish.

Ok going to start off some posts about ways you can shape our experience via sponsoring.

I have finally been reunited with my Megadrive collection and will be starting the day off by playing classics from the following list:

Ariel The Little Mermaid

Ballz

Batman

Batman Returns

Bubsy

Castle of Illusion

Classic Collection - Gunstar Heroes Altered Beast, Alex Kidd, Flicky

Crackdown

Ecco the Dolphin

FIFA International Soccer

FIFA Soccer 96

Galaxy Force 2

Kid Chameleon

Mega lo Mania

Moonwalker

Quackshot

Road Rash 2

Robocop VS Terminator

Sensible Soccer

The Simpsons Bart vs The Space Mutants

Sonic and Knuckles

Sonic the Hedgehog

Sonic the Hedgehog 2

Sonic the Hedgehog 3

Streets of Rage

Super Thunder Blade

T2 The Arcade Game

Tazmania

Toe Jam and Earl

Toki - Going Ape Spit!

Urban Strike

World Cup USA 94

World of Illusion

Zany Golf

Zool

Ok so I will be revising the list as I add a few more to my collection in the run up. There are some cracking games in there and some terrible ones and some extremely hard games.

So if you want to see me enjoy, suffer or break a controller you can decide which game I will play for just $10/ 7.82 EUR or 6.11GBP for one hour of play! You can stack the hours or even combine with a fellow forum member to put me through the grinder of shite for longer.

If you are sponsoring before hand let me know the game and when your around that weekend in here and I will schedule playing the game during a time you are able to view it happening!

Here's my sponsorship page:

http://www.extra-life.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=donorDrive.participant&participantID=88645

Edited by flameboy

What better way to get involved than donate $5 and give us the gift of an instant library of 250 games! So here is a new sponsorship level for me. Sponsor $5 and I will let you pick a game from the Onlive library for me to play!

We’re excited to announce OnLive as one of the newest Extra Life Community Partners! They will be providing a community-wide fundraising incentive to both Classic and Platinum players who raise $5+ for their local Children’s Miracle Network Hospital.

OnLive is thanking our $5 fundraisers with a free month of unlimited gaming with the OnLive Games Bundle, which includes an instant library of over 250 great games to play on PC, Mac, TV or tablet, plus the option to play games you already own via the cloud anytime and anywhere.

Starting on September 26th, as soon as you hit or exceed the $5 fundraising mark, you will receive a congrats email with instructions on how to redeem your free month of gaming. Being a member of OnLive, I can personally tell you that the OnLive Games Bundle includes some awesome games that will be a great addition to anyone’s Game Day schedule. So go get that $5 donation (or make one yourself) and enjoy!

PS. Still looking for a team to join? OnLive will also be awarding team-wide incentives to anyone who joins their team and kicks their fundraising efforts into high gear!

http://blog.extra-life.org/2014/09/onlive-joins-extra-life-to-play-games-heal-kids.html

If and this a big if I hit my target of $420 I will ensure I stream all 250 games available via onlive by the end of the months trial!

Have you ever considered starting your own sub team? Even if it's just doing it on your own and spreading out the 24 hours over the weekend we would be glad to have to have you on board in some capacity this year!

Edited by flameboy

Ok bit of shameless self promotion again...me and @Nintenchris will be partaking in a football challenge event for Extra Life and you can get involved by voting on who you think will win and donating $1 per entry for the chance to win a digital football goodie bag!

FOOTBALL_SHOWDOWN.jpg

[/url]

You can vote here:

http://www.poll-maker.com/poll148411xDdb04e49-6

Polls will be displayed live along with sponsors and any comments during the event which is scheduled for 6.00PM GMT/1.00PM EST

Most importantly the sponsor pages to sponsor who you think will win:

Flameboy

Edited by flameboy

Speaking of challenges, Mike and I will hopefully be reigniting our Sonic Adventure rivalry. I will destroy him, the only question is will I give him a chance by playing the original Dreamcast version as opposed to the PS3 version, which has better load times.

I was thinking.

is a fairly old terrible game, but what if I put it up against a new terrible game:

That much awfulness together would be too so how about...you decide?.

For each dollar I receive via this donation page, you can give one point to either game and I will spend at least an hour on it. If I reach my (fairly low) goal of $100, I'll play an hour of both.

Just a note: these will not be on the main stream, but I'll be looking into testing some recording software so hopefully I'll be able to upload them after.

Shout out to @Dannyboy\-the\-Dane for his seriously generous donation. Thanks a lot dude!

Thats awesome Dannyboy, thanks a lot! (Although I am secretly upset that you chose Peeps over me lol)

Shout out to @Dannyboy\-the\-Dane for his seriously generous donation. Thanks a lot dude!

Yeah it has to be said what an absolute legend @Dannyboy\-the\-Dane is!

I'm still taking votes for my retro game to start with over here http://tinyurl.com/retrovote2014

Currently robocop vs terminator is winning but mega lo mania is running a close second! I also will be playing Streets of Rage as one sponsor bought an hour of game play! I'll play your game of choice along with winning game for 1 hour for just $10!

I'm playing it loose with my schedule but I'm feeling a Goldeneye 64 marathon. I'll start a new file and try to complete as much as possible, hopefully I can 100% it.

I'm playing it loose with my schedule but I'm feeling a Goldeneye 64 marathon. I'll start a new file and try to complete as much as possible, hopefully I can 100% it.

OOOH I'll tune in for that!

OOOH I'll tune in for that!

Ah yes but I control the camera and Ive never liked Goldeneye so while thats on maybe I'll just show something else :)

I'm pleased to announced our latest challenge;

sonic.png

Everyone will get one shot within the 24 hours to record their fastest time on Sonic the Hedgehog 2's Emerald Hill Zone, may the best man win!

@ReZourceman @Goafer @Nintenchris @Mike1988uk @The Peeps @Happenstance @Cube are you ready for the challenge? Losing man will sponsor the winner a $10.

(Is there no way to add a poll to a post so people can vote who they think will win?)

I think I may actually have too many games this year.

Completely Unplayed

Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel

Prince of Persia

Need For Speed: The Run

Partially Played

COD: Black Ops

Planned Replay

Skies of Arcadia

Rogue Galaxy

Kingdom Hearts

Sonic Adventure

Suppose I should decide what games I'm taking... I've got plenty of new stuff for PS4 but I'm also feeling playing some older stuff - think i'm definatly going to play some retro sonic action!!