NEurope
Beast

R.I.P Joan Rivers

We've lost two comedy icons in such a short amount of time! :(

At least ReZ is still with us!

She was one of the funniest comediannes I've ever seen!

I'm gonna take a punt and say that you've not seen many comedians (or even comediennes, though the term is a little sexist).

Ah man, that's sad. I know she had a lot of surgery but boy, did she look nowhere near 81 in the end.

R.I.P Joan Rivers :(

I've got to admit, this doesn't affect me even a quarter of how much it did when Robin Williams died - not even a tenth - but still it's not a competition, merely a loss to this world. :sad:

I'm gonna take a punt and say that you've not seen many comedians (or even comediennes, though the term is a little sexist).

I've seen loads. She's a very funny woman.

R.I.P Joan Rivers :(

I've got to admit, this doesn't affect me even a quarter of how much it did when Robin Williams died - not even a tenth - but still it's not a competition, merely a loss to this world. :sad:

It's not as bad but it's still pretty bad for me. I've seen loads of her comedy routines and appearances on comedy shows. She never failed to make me laugh.

Controversial lady, maybe she needed to be, but for me I was no particular fan(or lack of, generally indifferent). She courted a lot of controversy and I imagine public opinion is going to be very split on her for now(especially considering her last quotes were apparently rather riling re: palestinian civs deserving death or something?) however I think whatever people might say there's a case to be made that she achieved a lot of greatness in ways and broke down some barriers for women and female comedians/comediennes especially(though not being familiar with her work, I imagine there's instances against this, esp re:adele), however I feel that regardless of owt else she'll have made some progress and achievements that deserve some recognition and respect.

It's not as bad but it's still pretty bad for me. I've seen loads of her comedy routines and appearances on comedy shows. She never failed to make me laugh.

Oh I'm not denying she's funny, some of her stuff is hilarious, I just probably never invested quite as much time in her comedy shows as I could have, but then it's the same for Robin Williams.

Maybe I'll amend that soon, who knows... in any case it's just been a really bad year for losing too many good people. :(

*man hug*

Oh I'm not denying she's funny, some of her stuff is hilarious, I just probably never invested quite as much time in her comedy shows as I could have, but then it's the same for Robin Williams.

Maybe I'll amend that soon, who knows... in any case it's just been a really bad year for losing too many good people. :(

*man hug*

It has been a bit of a year, hasn't it?

Anyway, Joan Rivers. Never really found her funny, but I know people who did. And I have absolutely no idea what she looked like before the surgery.

Nevertheless, I feel for her family, and it seems that she was relatively healthy before she went into the hospital a few weeks ago.

A couple of images of Joan in her younger days

d1b1ly3.jpg

celebrity_plastic_surgery_before_after_U5A7X_640_01.jpg

I haven't seen a huge amount of her comedy but what I have seen made me laugh my ass off. RIP.

PS - This year fucking sucks for celeb deaths.

You might not like it but I don't care. Before anyone retorts, she said plenty bad about both the living and the dead and profiteered off the back of it. And the last thing she'll be remembered for is her disgusting comments about the Palestinians. She didn't spare anybodies feelings so I won't either. Well I did in fact, I changed my opening line from its original harshness.

RIP

I love Joan Rivers. I watch Fashion Police a lot when I'm bored, and she is absolutely hilarious on it.

So quick witted, so dry, and nothing ike you'd expect from an 81 yer old lady.

Will miss seeing her on that show. :(

Charming lady.

There's a joke here about never speaking ill of the dead. She was an ass.

Whilst some of her recent statements disgusted me no end, she was a very witty and funny comedian, who was willing to go to the blackest of humour with no fear

RIP Joan, you and Robin should do a bitchy Woman sketch for the people in heaven

Barfzilla Joan Rivers' death should be sounded off with crickets and tumbleweed, much like her painful comedy.

I think it's disgusting how people are making jokes about how she should be recycled and not buried.

Everyone knows you shouldn't recycle old plastic bags.

She actually said she wanted her body to be given to Tupperware when she died :laughing: which did make me chuckle when I read that.