NEurope
Serebii

Nintendo 3DS Direct - 29/08/2014 - 12pm

Don't really like the look of the 2nd stick. Looks Weird!

Also the delay till 2015 is silly as hardware sales will seriously go through a hard time now.

I would have preferred a higher resolution screen.

The name will confuse customers also. Nintendo seem to love doing that.

I've seen people say the coloured buttons on it remind them of the Xbox 360 controller.

I think it's time to off myself -_- First it was them thinking the 8-bit sword in Hyrule Warriors was a Minecraft reference, then this.

I've seen people say the coloured buttons on it remind them of the Xbox 360 controller.

I think it's time to off myself -_- First it was them thinking the 8-bit sword in Hyrule Warriors was a Minecraft reference, then this.

Sad times. We are getting/are old. :p

The coloured buttons were one of the most exciting things for me on the new 3DS. :D

Don't really like the look of the 2nd stick. Looks Weird!

Also the delay till 2015 is silly as hardware sales will seriously go through a hard time now.

I would have preferred a higher resolution screen.

The name will confuse customers also. Nintendo seem to love doing that.

I'm glad they are releasing an upgraded 3DS but disappointed no bump in resolution of the screen and 2015 in Europe is too late.

You two must be trolling surely? You know that they couldn't do that because existing games and apps wouldn't be able to run at the higher resolution...

You wont get a higher resolution screen until the next handheld comes out...

BTW, speaking of which. This New3DS also reaffirms their commitment to 3D as the new S3D screen is one of (if not THE biggest) new features of the revised handheld - so the next handheld will certainly also feature an S3D screen (just like they said it would some years back).

2DS was not a sign of their future as some naysayers predicted, merely a cost cutting exercise.

Speaking of which, I have no idea how the hell they've managed to build a parallax barrier screen that is able to actually move the barrier in accordance to the user's face! That's amazing!

I can't wait to see it in action!!! :bouncy: (WHY 2015!? WHY!?!?!?)

The name has to go. New 3DS is ridiculous and will only confuse people.

Good to battery performance increased.

Western 3DS sales will suffer. Why buy one at holiday season when a new one is coming.

Western 3DS sales will suffer. Why buy one at holiday season when a new one is coming.

Agreed on all counts here though. Insane that they've effectively tanked their 3DS hardware sales until next year by this boneheaded move! :mad:

Nice redesigns but I probably won't be investing, my XL hasn't had a great deal of use this year so can't really warrant upgrading for a third time. As for Xenoblade, I think I would of preferred a HD remaster for WiiU with improved graphics, frame rate, character models etc rather than see it compressed down on to a handheld, I'm sure it will appeal to some though.

And suddenly i'm interested in one and its tiny c stick.....

Wonder what colours it will release in? what special editions will come out? i love my gold Zelda one....i like gold

but that fan mock up purple marjoa's mask one.....nintendo make a quiet call and get the rights to that designs!

This is meant to replace the 3DS and 3DS LL in retail, not work in tandem

Nintendo release handheld iterations almost as often as Acti release Call of Duty.

This also means that we're at roughly the halfway point of the 3DS' lifecycle (DSi came out 2008 - just a little over halfway through its own lifecycle before the 3DS replaced it).

So we're looking at around late 2016/early 2017 for the 4DS. Nice to know that the little 3D handheld that could still has plenty of life left in it :)

Agreed on all counts here though. Insane that they've effectively tanked their 3DS hardware sales until next year by this boneheaded move! :mad:

Was going to get the smash 3DS but no point now.

Hoping Nintendo see the light and announce its region free.

You're basically blaming people for being young. I can't tell if you're joking or just deluded. Not everyone is the same age as you, you seem to forget that.

At least they're not fucking around with the name this time..

'yo, you heard about that new 3DS'

oh yeah, you mean the XL one with the bigger screens?

No no, The NEW 3DS

Ooooh, right, the one they named the 2DS but is really a new kind of 3DS, right?

You're not following me, this new 3DS is called the NEW 3DS.

I see, why is this one so NEW then?

It can play Xenoblade

WII HAD NO GAMES, WII U HAS NO GAMES!!

or are they?

This is meant to replace the 3DS and 3DS LL in retail, not work in tandem

so 100% confirmed the old models will no longer be in store when the new 3DS is released?

yes or no?

You're basically blaming people for being young. I can't tell if you're joking or just deluded. Not everyone is the same age as you, you seem to forget that.

I was just commenting how depressing it is.

Calm down :p

Here's a pic of all the face plates that will be released.

630x.jpg

No Zelda one yet. :( That Kut-Ku one is hilarious though. :D

Well, I'll never buy a piece of hardware from Nintendo at launch again.

Xenoblade and other future 3DS games only playable on this new thing. ANOTHER handheld iteration which I'd have to buy after I bought a 3DS AND a 3DS XL.

No thanks.

Also: if you add a second analogue stick...why not use the space which is now occupied by what appears to be the "start" and "select" buttons for a larger one? It makes absolutely NO sense to not do it.

Edited by drahkon

Well, I'll never buy a piece of hardware from Nintendo at launch again.

Xenoblade and other future 3DS games only playable on this new thing. ANOTHER handheld iteration which I'd have to buy after I bought a 3DS AND a 3DS XL.

No thanks.

You didn't have to buy the XL. I'm still rocking my original 3DS. This new model is the perfect excuse to upgrade.

Agreed ^ I'll be doing the same.

Those face plates are the right way up when it's open!!

3DS and Wii U will fade out together or close enough. Their next console/handheld will share the same architecture. So it'll be another 2 years at least most likely before we see any successor talk and they'll need to release in tandem or as close as possible.

http://nintendoeverything.com/iwata-on-integrating-handheldconsole-teams-next-system-will-absorb-the-wii-u-architecture-adequately-more/

http://www.ign.com/blogs/zanethewise/2014/02/05/nintendo-to-launch-multiple-consoles-and-handhelds-next-gen

Edited by Wii

You didn't have to buy the XL.

But I wanted to as it seemed like the definitive 3DS. However, it was not.

You didn't have to buy the XL. I'm still rocking my original 3DS. This new model is the perfect excuse to upgrade.
Yep it's a great reason to buy one now. I'm certainly very tempted.

Pretty sure I said way back there'd be a 3rd iteration like the DSi XL and got told there wouldn't be.

The exclusive games will be interesting as i'm sure they said the same thing about the DSi which never really happened.

FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK...

fuck.gif

I WANT IT NOW! WHY CAN'T I HAVE IT RIGHT NOW? WHY WHY WHY WHY :cry:

The exclusive games will be interesting as i'm sure they said the same thing about the DSi which never really happened.

Over 400 DSi exclusive games were released via DSiware...

And plenty of hybrid retail games were released (including Pokemon B/W 1 and 2)

Edited by Dcubed