NEurope
Serebii

Nintendo 3DS Direct - 29/08/2014 - 12pm

THEY'LL NEVER INCLUDE THE SECOND STICK SEREBII SAID
And this is exactly why you have to stop making this outright statements Serebii.

There is no Monolith 3DS title.

A second stick on the 3DS will not happen. With the next handheld? Probably. But on the 3DS? No. It'd cause way too many issues.

I love it! The great know it all!

GUYS, XENOBLADE PORT IS NOT COMPATIBLE WITH CURRENT 3DS HARDWARE. HOW HAS THIS GONE UNNOTICED?!

Christ, for a minute there when they showed that trailer towards the end... Thought that was the Skull Kid...! :(

Still a cool direct. Liking the New 3DS XL.

Yeah I don't understand what the point of that second stick is if it's just a tiny little laptop type thing. Not a fan. If it was a proper stick (like the left one) I'd be hitting the roof with excitement.
Totally!

The classic button colours on the white one look cool though! Hope the white 3DS LL has that! Might well buy that.

GUYS, XENOBLADE PORT IS NOT COMPATIBLE WITH CURRENT 3DS HARDWARE. HOW HAS THIS GONE UNNOTICED?!

I noticed it straight away. It's exactly the same as the DSi. Better hardware and exclusive games.

OH GOD, MY WALLET!!! IT'S ALREADY CRYING :cry:

It does suck that the second stick looks more like the nub you might get on a laptop keyboard but hopefully thats something that will be sorted properly in the next handheld when its designed specifically with two sticks in mind.

I noticed it straight away. It's exactly the same as the DSi. Better hardware and exclusive games.

OH GOD, MY WALLET!!! IT'S ALREADY CRYING :cry:

How many worthwhile exclusive games did the DSi end up having?

It does suck that the second stick looks more like the nub you might get on a laptop keyboard but hopefully thats something that will be sorted properly in the next handheld when its designed specifically with two sticks in mind.

How many worthwhile exclusive games did the DSi end up having?

It had the entire DSi library, but very few DSi only games at retail (Face Training was the only one that got released outside of Japan).

As for the second stick, it's the only way it can be done in that kind of form factor. Putting it at the bottom of the device would make it unbelievably uncomfortable.

So annoying, firstly the awesome coloured buttons are only on the small one, secondly, the changeable plates are also only with the small one... And again, Nintendo do awesome things with a little sack-of-shit caveat

fine, take my money satoru

there, i've thrown it on the floor for you

eat my money, satoru

eat my money off the floor you piece of shit

They should have had another normal sized slide-pad under the ABXY buttons, exactly opposite where the D-Pad is on the other side.

Other than that, it looks very nice. I'd be interested myself but have gotta know how much it would be over here (and we probably won't get the face plates else I'd have been ALL OVER that).

Question is, with Xenoblade only running on this... will this be the way forward for a good few years like GameBoy Color or fizzle out quick like the DSi? I actually think we could have a GameBoy Color situation, doubt Nintendo are gonna risk a brand new handheld platform in the next few years considering how much effort went into getting the 3DS off the ground.

So special editions are likely for the XL.

Did I see Xenoblade 3D or imagined it!?

If you're not getting the new 3DS then, yes, you imagined it.

I called the release of an Amiibo 3DS after E3 but no way in hell did I expect them to stick another stick/nub on the thing.

Shulk does have a British voice in the Western version

Glorious.

Is that the guy who did the original voice? They sound very similar.

Had to smile when he said "Now it's Shulk time". Reyn rubbing off on him in all the right ways. (I still hope Reyn appears as an Assist Trophy)

They should have had another normal sized slide-pad under the ABXY buttons, exactly opposite where the D-Pad is on the other side

No way! Just imagine how incredibly uncomfortable it would be to hold. Where would you even rest your palms?

Think about it...

doubt Nintendo are gonna risk a brand new handheld platform in the next few years considering how much effort went into getting the 3DS off the ground.

I think this handheld generation will be a long one. The 3DS is selling well, and most people seem to be happy with that level of graphics from a handheld.

There's also the lack of competition in this area. Sony are sticking with the Vita, with the focus on a PS4 accessory and PlayStation TV, so they show no signs of making a new handheld for now.

I dunno, for a long handheld generation, there's quite a distinct lack of games being announced for the 3DS lately. I wouldn't be surprised if this was the final push like we've seen with XL models and things in the past (dat Wine colour with a pen!). Maybe a new handheld to be revealed at E3 next year, released Christmas?

So annoying, firstly the awesome coloured buttons are only on the small one, secondly, the changeable plates are also only with the small one... And again, Nintendo do awesome things with a little sack-of-shit caveat
Tbf we haven't seen the large model in white have we? that could have the same coloured buttons.

what the actual foook?

no i'm out, exclusive games for a redesign? nope not happy at all! especially since we'll get a new CPP for the original console....

jesus nintendo stop making constant redesigns and design it right first time, then used the saved money on games

Shulk does have a British voice in the Western version

Though we knew he was in, still an awesome video. They do them so well. They should make the Wii U TV ads.

Missed large chunks but caught Xenoblade and the new 3DS. Unusual placement for the new nub/C stick.

Going to have to get a 3DS sooner or later. Very tempting. Partly what's stopped me so far is I can't see the 3D effect on the 3DS. Maybe the new one will be different with it's wider viewing angle.

Edited by Wii

Nintendo has told Eurogamer that the new 3DS and 3DS XL designs will not reach Europe until 2015