NEurope
Serebii

Nintendo 3DS Direct - 29/08/2014 - 12pm

Talking about the leak

I guess this confirms even more of the leak because the leaker said there would be a Xenoblade level and described it pretty accurately… Like that Xenoblade level is the first thing proven of the leak which we didn't just have images of.

So… like… is Ridley and Dixie Kong actually happening then??

Another resdesign, huh?

Glad there's an XL version, although it worrys me that such a thing would be kept for a Japan only direct...

New 3DS with a second analogue stick, repositioned start/select, and ZR/ZL buttons. Plus faster download speeds and larger viewing angles for the 3D effect.

I don't speak any Japanese, but I'm guessing this isn't a fully fledged new console? (ie, new 3DS games will still play on the old console?) But how will it deal with stuff that needs the new buttons?

Edit: Oh, just as I post it looks like theres some kind of clunky looking peripheral that will add the new buttons to existing 3DS systems.

I'M AT WORK. DETAILS ON THE REDESIGN AT ONCE.

I can't see anythinnnnnng! (And not co I'm hiding the web page :heh: - coz the work browser is wank. :mad: )

WHY DID YOU MOVE THE STICK DOWN THERE?! THE GAME SLOT I DON'T MIND, BUT THE STICK NEEDS TO BE ON THE SIDE

I don't see the point of this redesign as it is not very radical at all. Hmmm. Also, am I being thick...I cannot see the stick? Is it the small button thing? Right now they are only showing the top of the console...

I'M AT WORK. DETAILS ON THE REDESIGN AT ONCE.

I can't see anythinnnnnng! (And not co I'm hiding the web page :heh: - coz the work browser is wank. :mad: )

- Second Analogue Nub

- NFC

- Two more shoulder buttons

- 3D works at an angle

- Normal and XL sizes

- Removable back, access battery and micro SD card.

Nooo, my XL collection... Worthless..! not really

What games need these extra buttons?

GIVE US 20P AND YOU CAN UNDO THE PARENTAL FEATURE

OH FUCK, EXCLUSIVE SOFTWARE FOR THE NEW 3DS

Not many games use it yet. Kid Icarus, Monster Hunter and Resi are the only one I can think of so far (with the circle pad pro) but I'm guessing more might now.

Improved 3D viewing angle sounds great and looking at those Miiverse speeds - wow. It might actually be useable on 3DS now!

Also... is this 3DS Xenoblade I see?!

What games need these extra buttons?

Smash Bros will support it, but (obviously) isn't required.

An X Chronicles game on 3DS? Now that's awresome.

Only for the new 3DS, won't work with older consoles

I'll probably get the new 3DS XL. I got rid of mine a few months ago when I was low on money so it'll be a good excuse to get another one and get a few of the games I missed.

Xenoblade ported to 3DS... what a strange decision/waste of time.

Cool there's a second stick, but it looks weird and fragile! like the rubber could brake off like the eraser on the end of a pencil.

Might be time to pick up a 3DS sometime soon though.

Yeah I don't understand what the point of that second stick is if it's just a tiny little laptop type thing. Not a fan. If it was a proper stick (like the left one) I'd be hitting the roof with excitement.