NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Resident Evil: Revelations 2

Claire is best RE girl.

56686302.jpg

I have yet to play this ( got the disc version preordered ) but my brother has played through the first episode and loved it to bits. He's pretty excited for the next episode to hit.

Played through episode 1 of this again today and then got a notification to say episode 2 was available. Didn't even realise!

Just finished Claire and Moira's part of episode 2.

Well. That was much better, much more like it. It was a much longer episode too, or at least it felt like it anyway.

The story is pretty gripping now too. I wdant to play on to find out more about what is gonna happen and who is behind all of the wrong doing.

I've called it a night for now, and I'm out tomorrow night so I don't know if I'll get chance to play Barry's part of episode 2 until Friday :( but I'm glad that the game has left me wanting more after the disappointment of episode 1.

I bought the first episode on Xbox. I'm not very impressed. The game looks fugly at some parts. Wish it had online co-op, it was really fun playing RE6 through many times online. The AI partner has no AI; they're always just standing, getting hit... unless you buy some of the perks after episode 1 to make the partner do something. Barry's episode was much better, and Natalia is interesting and has a pretty, asymmetrical face. I like the design, unlike Claire's who looks totally different from RE2 and CV. It's cool that she's older and more mature but still looks like a totally different person.

I also hated the scanner in RER and think the whole shine light (or POINT FINGER in Natalia's case!) on shiny items to make them shinier is just not fun design. If only there was online co-op I would have enjoyed it a ton more because of bad AI, same thing plagued RE5 and 6 also.

But at least the game offers plenty of content even just episode 1 for 6 euros. Campaign lasts 2-3 hours and there's a lot in raid mode. The price is certainly all right compared to MGSV:GZ!

I hear you totally Miharin.

It was a very very bland first episode, with episode 2 gaining a lot more excitement in my opnion.

Still not perfect, and the god damn point at the shiny object to pick it up feels so tacked on it borders on insulting haha.

I didn't play Barry's part of episode 2, but will be doing that tonight. Actually looking forward to it as I did start to get into the game and the sotry so am interested in seeing how it unfolds.

One thing that is annoying, is the rubbish achievements / trophies. They require multiple episode pay through's, which is fine, but with episode 1 being a bit of a nightmare (althogh short), the idea of playing through it more than once is a bit :blank:

So... is this going to be worth buying for its retail release for £28?

Or is it a case of, Mehsident Evil... :heh: (not as good as the original Resi games but still playable so wait until it's £15 or less)

Or is it a case of, Mehsident Evil... :heh: (not as good as the original Resi games but still playable so wait until it's £15 or less)

I'm going to kind of air on the side of meh to be honest....I've picked up the season pass and am playing it episodically. It has somewhat benefited from that but it definitely feels like a Resi 4/5 lite. Not really pushing things fair, everything is a bit cliched and it has very lackluster environments.

Like I said I am playing it episode by episode and that has somewhat made it interesting even if they majority of the cliffhangers (there are effectively two per episode) have been nothing more than reaching a destination and wondering what lays ahead.

Pretty much echo what flameboy said.

It is no where near the series best. It has little atmosphere, the zombies were more interesting in the original resident evil, the environments completely lack any kind of detail, and the co-op system feels tagged onto me. Almost like they were trying something different in the hope it would work out.

Resident evil Zero had a great partner system, but this just doesn't work as you effectively have one main player, and another who just points at things and does the odd bit of alone adventuring to get somewhere the other can't.

Having said that, it isn't flat out bad. It ain't Resident Evil 6 :heh: but it is no where near the original Revelations which I personally loved and oozed character compared to this.

It's getting better, so hopefully episode 3 and 4 will continue as such, but I'd definitely wait for the inevitable price reduction. I only bought it as I love RE and had nothing else to be cracking on with in the mean time!

Also found out about this hilarious bug on PC:

original.jpg

It is game breaking though so not funny.

I have just finished playing episode 3.

I'm really starting to enjoy this a bit more now. Even though it's all a bit play by RE numbers. It was welcome to finally get some puzzles, particularly the closing ceilings and jewelled eyes etc, harking back to the very good old days.

The story is moving along nicely and I'm starting to warm to Claire at last. :heh:

I'm also liking the co-op element now too. What seems pointless at the start is actually startimg to become a necessary way to play now I've used currency to unlock skills in the game. Being able to effectively 'level up' your partner so they can stun enemies for you and help you out more during more tense times is very welcome. Along with being able to use one character to stun an enemy and the other to finish them off, saving precious ammo!

The episodes are getting longer too. I've mastered Ep 1 now I've done it that many times (knife only, invisible enemy, countdown mode, getting all the medals etc) and I can now do it in 15 mins for both Claire and Barry's side. But episode 3 took me 1 hour 15 with loads of different areas to get through. And that was just Claire's story.

So yeah, anyone who is on the fence over the box copy should definitely feel comfortable in the knowing that it gets much better. I still think its not as good as the first revelations, but it is definitely bigger and bolder. It's just a shame the locations are no where up to the same standard visual wise compared to the amazing interiors of the Queen Zenobia from the original.

Here's to more puzzles and finally understanding the story in the final episode! (If that's even possible in Resident Evil) :laughing:

Just finished episode 1 of Resident Evil Revelations 2 and it is good. I haven't truly enjoyed an RE title like this in years, I liked episode 1 more than the entirety of both RE5 and 6.

The game seems to of borrowed different concepts from different RE games. The co-op for the first time in RE isn't shit in single player. Each character has s et of abilities that make using them unique. You have Claire and Barry who are the gunmen of the game and then you have Moira and Natalia who both don't use guns but can help out with the enemies by either slowing them down with light or pointing out a weak spot on an enemy. Character zapping from Zero done properly.

Enemy encounter have been fun and the enemies themselves seem to be quite varied at the moment. This game also managed to meld the feel of classic Resident Evil with modern really well, especially when it comes to the tone and atmosphere and I hear it only gets better in that regard so I'm looking forward to carrying on with it over the next week.

You can easily see its a budget title though, some janky shit goes on at times and the visuals are kind average but it does look great at times, especially at night in the forest.

Just finished up the game.

Coulda finished it well over a week ago, but have been mindful to try and get as many medals after each episode played as possible, whilst it was still fresh in my mind. Plus it'll help me when I go back and do the knife run and the countdown run. Oh and invisible enemy. :laughing:

From what I gathered at the end I managed to come out with the 'worst possible ending'.

I have to say, I hated the ending and I didn't particularly like Barry's story for Episode 4. Claire and Moira's was 15 minutes long and it was completely exhilarating and the ending!!! :o

A game hasn't got me so involved in its characters like that has so I was so looking forward to it all being tied together with Barry's episode. Turns out it wasnt. Maybe if Id have played the episode(s) differently and got adifferent outcome it would've settled my needs for a tied together story. But as it stands it didn't.

Thankfully I'll be replaying the chapter again, multiple times :heh: so I'll be able to hopefully quench my need for a good outcome.

Final thoughts then? Well it's Resident Evil, so I did like it a lot. I thought the story (though disapponting at the end this time round) was better then the first Revelations, but where this one fell down was in its weak environments and poor locations. Everything looked the same. The backgrounds had no life, the objects around you were dull and lifeless and even the same bunch of enemies you see all the way through the game are completely lacking in any real excitement or horror.

And thats what annoys me, as it's gone from being a handheld game, that had all of those things this one was missing! And it was on 3DS! Granted, it pushed the 3DS to the limit and some door unlocking sequences on that we're looooong :laughing: but there's no excuse for a next gen release to not at least look a bit next gen.

I really warmed to all the characters, especially Claire and Moira to a degree. Claire must have won me over as shes made it to my signature, so... Still ain't Jill though ;).

The door has well and truly been left open for a third instalment so it'll be interesting to see how and if Capcom decide to pursue it. There are some really good ideas from this game they could definitely expand upon such as the co-op sections that when they were done well, they were very good. But next time id like it to be a bit more bigger scale and over the top like Resident Evil should be. They need to stop trying to make it cool :D.

Definitely worthy of a purchase though, for anyone who isn't sure. It's a cheaper release and it'll last the length of a normal game plus hours and hours more if you're a completionist / trophy or achievement hunter.

I enjoyed it!

Think I'm done with this game now.

I've managed to get all medals on episode 1 and 2, - 3 and 4 can just go suck it though :heh:

I have just finished invisible enemy mode for ep 2 and it has taken me all god damn afternoon. Claire's part of the story is an absolute joke. 71 retries I came out with in the end. For just her episode. Then I had to do Barry's.

Thankfully, I know episode 2 inside out, so that helped but it was just torture.

It makes the idea of doing the other 2 episodes (of which I've only played once) seem impossible. As there are loads more enemies on those episodes, so the thought of tackling them does not fill me with much joy.

Ive still really enjoyed the game though, and would recommend it. But to 100% it, you need to invest so much time, and I've already been on this now for too long.

Time to move on!

RARR URRRRH BRAINS zombie thread revival

and that ends the hilarity

I patiently waited for the vita version, so i could continue revelations games on handheld

£22 wasted!

its always fecking loading for over a min! Its crashed on me a few times, hit detection seems waaaaaaay off and worst of all it looks dog shit, i mean it looks like you are playing revelations on the DS! seriously it has nothing on the 3DS version of Revelations, terrible textures, terrible enemy textures - Claire and Moira looked okay, but nothing as a shiny or polished as the first game on 3DS

Its so bad, after 15min i just said no and i've actually emailed Sony asking if its possible to get a refund - i know they won't allow it probably, but there was some pop up when i was purchasing about cooling off periods, i stupidly skipped it, wish i'd read it

I'm sure this game could be good on PC or console, but on Vita? its just awful

RARR URRRRH BRAINS zombie thread revival

and that ends the hilarity

I patiently waited for the vita version, so i could continue revelations games on handheld

£22 wasted!

its always fecking loading for over a min! Its crashed on me a few times, hit detection seems waaaaaaay off and worst of all it looks dog shit, i mean it looks like you are playing revelations on the DS! seriously it has nothing on the 3DS version of Revelations, terrible textures, terrible enemy textures - Claire and Moira looked okay, but nothing as a shiny or polished as the first game on 3DS

Its so bad, after 15min i just said no and i've actually emailed Sony asking if its possible to get a refund - i know they won't allow it probably, but there was some pop up when i was purchasing about cooling off periods, i stupidly skipped it, wish i'd read it

I'm sure this game could be good on PC or console, but on Vita? its just awful

I didn't even know this game was coming to Vita until recently and I thought it'd be a really good fit. It never looked amazing on the home consoles and the Vita is very capable, so I was pretty excited.

Your experience echoes most of the reviews I read. Apparently it does look terrible and the loading times are a complete joke,vas you've pointed out.

It's a shame because I'd have played through this again on Vita if it was a decent port, but seems not.

It will probably end up free on PsPlus before we know it!

It will probably end up free on PsPlus before we know it!

And that is when I'll finally play the game, but not the Vita version, by the sounds of it it's not even worth having for free... no it would have to be the home console version and even then I'd only play it once getting round to it.

It's a shame because the original Resident Evil Revelations on the 3DS was so good, this it seems isn't or at least not as good, I want to like it I really do, currently the only thing which makes me want to play it is the fact that it has some sort of Raid mode or equivalent, at least I thought it had in any case.

It's really disappointing I want to play it but it's just so detracting! Sony got back to me and won't refund, which was fully expected, but hopefully they can make note of the complaint of the quality and do something

I don't know how this has ended up such a bad port, the vita is more than capable of exceeding anything the 3DS out puts, I'd say it was a rushed port but it was announced at the time so they've had the time to produce something

Might buy the steam version or ps4 version next month.

IMG_20160316_1333577_zpsmbakfirz.jpg

After moaning inthe RE Zero thread that I was done with Resident Evil for a while... this happened.

I wanted to play it again and the temptation got the better of me when I was in town earlier.

Expect more bitching about multiple play throughs and me kicking off about how unfair the game is as I work through it :laughing: !

Also, @Hero\-of\-Time, I downloaded the theme. Amazing! That one will probably stay on for a while!

Finished this the other night. Enjoyed it as much as I did the first time. Although I did get the same ending as my

xbox playthrough, even though I'm pretty sure I chose to end a chapter differently which affects the story? Ah well.

Now to try and platinum!

@Hero\-of\-Time - did I see you were playing this yesterday?!

Finished this the other night. Enjoyed it as much as I did the first time. Although I did get the same ending as my

xbox playthrough, even though I'm pretty sure I chose to end a chapter differently which affects the story? Ah well.

Now to try and platinum!

@Hero\-of\-Time - did I see you were playing this yesterday?!

I was gonna start it but I changed my mind. I just can't bring myself to start anything on the PS4 at the moment.

I preferred the first game myself, which I've played through 3 times, which says a lot since I don't usually replay games often and I never finished this one. Maybe one day I'll go back to it.

I preferred the first game myself, which I've played through 3 times, which says a lot since I don't usually replay games often and I never finished this one. Maybe one day I'll go back to it.

I preferred the first one to.

But only because it felt a little more like the older games, and Jill was in it. :p

This game is good in its own right though. It's definitely got a lot of depth to it and replay-ability due to the collection of BP to unlock perks etc. I also like how there are medals in each chapter to collect which requires multiple play throughs, along with the usual RE invisible modes etc.

Plus it's worth playing just for Claire and Moira's final chapter, which I absolutely love. :heart:

Still annoys me that they made Claire ugly as sin in this game! The guy who modelled her face wants shot.