NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Resident Evil: Revelations 2

From the scans it looks more like 3DS visuals!

Not liking Claire's character design.

And Claire doesn't even know Barry does she? so this just seems like a strange duo, even more given Barry's daughter looks about 14.

From the scans it looks more like 3DS visuals!

Not liking Claire's character design.

And Claire doesn't even know Barry does she? so this just seems like a strange duo, even more given Barry's daughter looks about 14.

Yup, agreed on all counts. It does really look like a port of a cancelled 3DS game, like it smacks so massively of it that it is not even subtle... (Which leads me to wonder why the hell it was cancelled for 3DS, cause it is so blatantly still running within the confines of its capabilities...)

Not that I have any complaints about the visuals in that regard, because I still think that RE:Revelations looks stunning! Holds up remarkably well in HD!

This setup also sounds extremely dumb, so by all accounts I approve :)

Edited by Dcubed

Rumours are kicking about that this is coming to the Vita. Interesting, if true.

If true I remain perplexed as to the reasons why it is not being released on the 3DS.

Some bits from an RE fan who played it in Tokya, hes a gaf member but a huge RE fan and has no issues calling the series out for its bs.

Just played Resident Evil Revelations 2 at TGS, and it is easily one of the best game show demos the series has had.

REV2 has the movement flexibility of RE6 combined with the exploration elements from REV1. Character shifting is based off of RE Zero.

Revelations 2: Environments feel a lot like the earlier Silent Hill titles, particularly 2 and 3. Demo took place in a prison.

Revelations 2: There was one funny line of dialogue that was a direct throwback to CODE: Veronica. Very nice present for CV fans.

Revelations 2: My ears might be fooling me, but it seems that Alyson Court is not voicing Claire this time. :(

I played the Xbox One version of Revelations 2. Definitely feels like a crossgen game. Not sure whether it looks better or worse than RE6.

Revelations 2: I hope you liked Jake from RE6, because Moira Burton has the same "juvenile" speech patterns.

Revelations 2 definitely gets the core post-RE4 gameplay right with tight controls and a light emphasis on combat.

---------

Footage here

http://www.gamersyde.com/news_tgs_re_revelations_2_gameplay-15853_en.html

Just checked it out, not looking too bad.

This is only £35 at the moment on Amazon for the PS4. For some reason the One version is £46, so I guess the PS4 version is a pricing error.

*slaps preorder down*

I am all kinds of unsure on that trailer.

Dat voice acting. :laughing:

"Moira... no I don't believe it. There's no way she's... "

Aaahaha. This guy thinks he's the new Barry.

Also, it looks as though it should be on the 3ds with them graphics. Hardly looks to be pushing the systems... :indeed:

My negativity aside, I will 100% be buying this just because it's Resident Evil. And RE6 aside, they've all been good in their own way.

Been checking prices for this, the PSN preorder is £19.99 where the retail version is £34.99. Any reason to get the retail over digital? I don't care about the box. Trouble is, the PSN release is right next the release of Dragon Quest Heroes...

Been checking prices for this, the PSN preorder is £19.99 where the retail version is £34.99. Any reason to get the retail over digital? I don't care about the box. Trouble is, the PSN release is right next the release of Dragon Quest Heroes...

I know the retail release has extra content. I think you get Wesker for Raid mode, new costumes and four extra Raid levels based on older Resident Evil titles. You might want a wait a little as I can see the retail release maybe dropping in price a little before it launches.

EDIT

PS4 versions

£27.95 - http://www.gameseek.co.uk/pd/VideoGamesw1bhpggue7/Resident-Evil-Revelations-2

£29.95 - http://www.thegamecollection.net/resident-evil-revelations-2-ps4.html

£29.99 - http://www.365games.co.uk/ps4-games/resident-evil-revelations-2-ps4-game

£29.85 - http://www.simplygames.com/p/resident-evil-revelations-2-ps4

Edited by bryanee

Like I said on the other thread: they're not charging for continues. The game saves at checkpoints, and they're charging for an item that allows you to revive right where you died instead of going back from the last checkpoint.

You can also get those items by playing the game.

Sounds just like the newer Resident Evil games where you have checkpoints if you die, the only difference now is that you can be revived where you died if you pay a price.

If this is the case then I have no issue with it and my preorder will remain. It's not like I would use such a system anyway.

Sounds just like the newer Resident Evil games where you have checkpoints if you die, the only difference now is that you can be revived where you died if you pay a price.

If this is the case then I have no issue with it and my preorder will remain. It's not like I would use such a system anyway.

After playing through the Resident Evil HD re-release without dying I should hope not! : peace:

I've been toying with getting that, is it worth £15.99 or should I just wait for a price reduction?

I know it probably seems like a silly question, but I have no problem with playing through it on the GC... but... HD-ness and trophies, so tempting. :D

After playing through the Resident Evil HD re-release without dying I should hope not! : peace:

I've been toying with getting that, is it worth £15.99 or should I just wait for a price reduction?

I know it probably seems like a silly question, but I have no problem with playing through it on the GC... but... HD-ness and trophies, so tempting. :D

I thought it was great. It was awesome revisiting the Spencer Mansion again and think Capcom done a great job in shifting it over.

I suppose it's how desperate you want to play it. Personally I couldn't wait but then I'm a Resident Evil nut. Hell, I even enjoyed Operation Racoon City and the Outbreak games. :D Had some great experiences on those while playing in online co-op.

Until you notice that they've designed it to be bollock hard and unfairly designed on purpose in order to encourage you to pay ;)

Anyway, I would hope that it won't ruin the game, but knowing Capcom? I'm not holding my breath...

Until you notice that they've designed it to be bollock hard and unfairly designed on purpose in order to encourage you to pay ;)

Anyway, I would hope that it won't ruin the game, but knowing Capcom? I'm not holding my breath...

Considering the runs I recently done on the REmake, I aint scared.

I know the retail release has extra content. I think you get Wesker for Raid mode, new costumes and four extra Raid levels based on older Resident Evil titles. You might want a wait a little as I can see the retail release maybe dropping in price a little before it launches.

EDIT

PS4 versions

£27.95 - http://www.gameseek.co.uk/pd/VideoGamesw1bhpggue7/Resident-Evil-Revelations-2

£29.95 - http://www.thegamecollection.net/resident-evil-revelations-2-ps4.html

£29.99 - http://www.365games.co.uk/ps4-games/resident-evil-revelations-2-ps4-game

£29.85 - http://www.simplygames.com/p/resident-evil-revelations-2-ps4

Cheers, think I'll go for the retail version.

Started this last night.

About 2 hours in. Aparently its only 3-4 hours in length. For epsiode 1.

What a disappontment so far.

Doesn't even feel like I'm playing Resident Evil. It could literally be any old shooter, except for maybe the characters and references.

The only bit I did like was when I was in the prison with Moira Burton (Barry's daughter) and you have to restore the power (classic, eh!) and playing as Claire you have to escape an area where the wall is closing in on you. Once you get out safely Claire says "I was almost a Claire sandwich..." sarcastically. :laughing: Very good.

Rest of the time I've been all :blank: just working through it.

The co-op bits have been praised in most of the reviews I've read, but for me they just get in the way. Like you can't pick up a shining item anymore until you take cotrol of Moira and shine the flash light on it, even though it's visible and could be picked up by Claire. Shining the light onto it makes it shine brighter and it can then be picked up. What gives with that?

I'm going to finish it off, and I will play the other episodes, but so far it is no where near the original Revelations which in my opnion was amazing.

Started this last night.

About 2 hours in. Aparently its only 3-4 hours in length. For epsiode 1.

What a disappontment so far.

Doesn't even feel like I'm playing Resident Evil. It could literally be any old shooter, except for maybe the characters and references.

The only bit I did like was when I was in the prison with Moira Burton (Barry's daughter) and you have to restore the power (classic, eh!) and playing as Claire you have to escape an area where the wall is closing in on you. Once you get out safely Claire says "I was almost a Claire sandwich..." sarcastically. :laughing: Very good.

Rest of the time I've been all :blank: just working through it.

The co-op bits have been praised in most of the reviews I've read, but for me they just get in the way. Like you can't pick up a shining item anymore until you take cotrol of Moira and shine the flash light on it, even though it's visible and could be picked up by Claire. Shining the light onto it makes it shine brighter and it can then be picked up. What gives with that?

I'm going to finish it off, and I will play the other episodes, but so far it is no where near the original Revelations which in my opnion was amazing.

See I enjoyed it. However the whole time I did feel like the "Resi" parts of it were extremely cliched and just dumped in there. I think they played up on the hammy stuff as well Terrosave is brilliant. The episodic structure suits this as well cos I feel like I'd had my fill until next week.

It's reminded me I really need to go back and play Revelations on 3DS feel like I'd need the circle pad pro though.

I played it without the circle pad with zero trouble. That game was classic Res. The environments look incredible, it was atmospheric... This is just boring.

Also, Claire can fuck off. Give me Jill any day of the week.