NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Resident Evil: Revelations 2

It looks like this could be a real thing. Apparently these popped up on xbox.com this morning.

b1f64170e4d63c7f5798djojjb.jpg

fca43b9ecefc0129fef90l9k6y.jpg

There was also a retailer in Russia the other month that had the game listed but then quickly took it down.

There were also a bunch of rumours floating around about who would be in the game.

There are three returning characters. Two female and one male. Two haven’t been seen in over a decade and one has never had an “in-game” appearance. Guess away. That’s more than enough.”

“Regarding the one who doesn’t appear in-game, I should be a little more specific(because I’m sure someone will call me a liar for being too general). They are mentioned in games but are a background character with no “active” appearance yet. It’s not someone from the movies/comics.”

Generally optimistic about this one. RE6 might have been total garbage, but RE:R was surprisingly good. While it was far from perfect, it laid a pretty solid foundation for something great.

There's a lot of potential for them to build on top of what they did with the original, especially after RE6's horrendous backlash. More focus on exploration, puzzles, survival horror and less on shooting action? Here's hoping :)

I enjoyed the first one, at least at the start. By the end though the game had turned into a corridor shooter, with wave after wave of Hunters being thrown at you.

Hopefully we will finally get to play as Claire again! I wouldn't mind seeing Billy return either.

So... Billy and/or Rebecca plus hopefully Claire paired with either of those two - an all-female Resi cast would be interesting ;) - plus an unknown character who has never appeared in any of the games thus far.

I'm stumped... have any of the characters ever referenced family members who we haven't seen but could make them a likely candidate?

I saw this earlier, if it's true, then awesome news! Perhaps Capcom are gearing up to show the game off at TGS? Makes sense, considering the timing...

So... Billy and/or Rebecca plus hopefully Claire paired with either of those two - an all-female Resi cast would be interesting ;) - plus an unknown character who has never appeared in any of the games thus far.

I'm stumped... have any of the characters ever referenced family members who we haven't seen but could make them a likely candidate?

I'm stumped as well. Maybe one of Barry's kids! :D

Yeah Revelations started off well, but went downhill.

I wonder if Revelations will continue the story of the original Resi characters, and Capcom will reboot the series with new ones?

I'd love Claire to get her own game like Leon did though. Or partner up with Leon again.

I enjoyed the first one, at least at the start. By the end though the game had turned into a corridor shooter, with wave after wave of Hunters being thrown at you.

Hopefully we will finally get to play as Claire again! I wouldn't mind seeing Billy return either.

Did you play the Co-op mode?

I played that loads with Welsh & Mokong on the 3DS, both times using one of the COD games on the Wii U for voice chat. :shakehead

Great fun.

Did you play the Co-op mode?

I played that loads with Welsh & Mokong on the 3DS, both times using one of the COD games on the Wii U for voice chat. :shakehead

Great fun.

Yeah, I thought it was alright but it didn't really hook me. Probably because there was no way to communicate with people.

I love Revelations so I'm very much looking forward to this. I did go through a moment where I didn't like it but then that went away! :D

Unrelated, can someone help me with Separate Ways on Resident Evil 4 on the Xbox 360? I'm stuck on Saddler and he keeps on slapping me with that massive penis-looking tentacle! How the fuck do I beat him?!

It's just been confirmed at the Sony presser.

Apparently all of the characters and settings are going to be completely new. More info and gameplay will be shown at TGS.

Due out early 2015.

As part of today's Sony Computer Entertainment event in Japan, Capcom showcased content from its popular Resident Evil survival horror franchise. The first trailer debuted for the definitive version of the critically acclaimed masterpiece Resident Evil. Fans of classic survival horror can get their first look at the visual upgrades they can expect by downloading the trailer and brand new artwork from the Capcom press site now. The game is set for release on PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system, PlayStation® 3 computer entertainment system, Xbox One, the all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft, Xbox 360 games and entertainment system from Microsoft and PC in early 2015.

Also at the event, Capcom unveiled Resident Evil Revelations 2. The title is planned for release in early 2015 on PS4, PS3, Xbox One, Xbox 360 and PC. More information and official details for Resident Evil Revelations 2 will be available in the near future so please stay tuned. The live-action teaser trailer for the game is available to check out at the official Resident Evil YouTube page.

Thanks,

Capcom Europe PR team

PC it is for me then (assuming that it turns out good). Shame, would've loved it on Wii U but alas...

That's it then. No more wondering should I buy a PS4. It's happening. Revelations has been my favourite RE since 5 (yes, I loved RE5, even though most people on here didn't...), so this is a game I'd want day 1.

Online co-op would be sweet too! Right @Mike1988uk?! ;)

Well I guess we won't be seeing any proper gameplay footage for a while then. :blank:

Well I guess we won't be seeing any proper gameplay footage for a while then. :blank:

They a supposed to be showing it at TGS in a couple of weeks.

They a supposed to be showing it at TGS in a couple of weeks.

Meh, fair enough then. :D

Still that's two weeks away, it makes sense to unveil it there but I really want to see footage of it so I can form an opinion on what it's probably going to be like... :heh:

...and then find out that I'm completely wrong when the game is released. :indeed:

Ah well, the weeks will fly be I'm sure. : peace:

This game should be on 3DS or Wii U if it does not come then no buy Capcom you lose

This game should be on 3DS or Wii U if it does not come then no buy Capcom you lose

If you are going to boycott every 3rd party developer who doesn't put games on the Wii U then you're not gonna have much to play.

You have a PS4 sitting there and you aren't going to buy games for it? I would have to say that you're the one that's losing.

Edited by Hero-of-Time

If you are going to boycott every 3rd party developer who doesn't put games on the Wii U then you're not gonna have much to play.

You have a PS4 sitting there and you aren't going to buy games for it? I would have to say that you're the one that's losing.

The PS4 is part mine and my brothers and I got Nintendo games plus I am geting Uncharted and Metal Gear Solid TPP for PS4 plus I got a back log of games

Yeah I'm sure the people at Capcom will be sobbing into their pillows at the thought of one lost sale.

I'm glad their isn't a 3DS version, I'd rather not have the game held back in any way and as for the Wii U well it would sell like shit on the console just like the last one did so I don't really blame Capcom or any other third party for not releasing titles on the console.

I'm looking forward to seeing it in action. I assume it'll be at TGS.

The PS4 is part mine and my brothers and I got Nintendo games plus I am geting Uncharted and Metal Gear Solid TPP for PS4 plus I got a back log of games

You have Nintendo games yet to play? Have they released stuff without anyone else knowing!? ;)

I can understand why it should be on the 3DS but the Wii U? Come on, from what I've read, the sales on that format were atrocious.

Also, I've mentioned this to you before. Comments like "no buy Capcom you lose" come across very childish. As HoT said, you are the one losing out by refusing to buy it just because it isn't coming out for your beloved Wii U.

Edited by lostmario

You have Nintendo games yet to play? Have they released stuff without anyone else knowing!? ;)

Its becuse I was playing Call Of Duty a lot

I'm stumped as well. Maybe one of Barry's kids! :D

I was right!!

The link has magazine scans, so I'm not sure if it's okay to post the link, but Push-Start is getting this info from Gamesmaster Magazine.

Earlier this morning my issue of the November Gamesmaster Magazine turned up in the post and with it were some exciting details for the recently announced Resident Evil: Revelations 2, set for release early 2015 for the PC, PS3, PS4, Xbox 360 and Xbox One.

Many of the details revealed include the return of Claire Redfield, the daughter of Barry Burton, plot and enemy details and much more. This information was revealed when Gamesmaster sat down with Resident Evil: Revelations 2 producer Michiteru Okabe.

I will list some of those exciting details below, but if you want to read the article in full, then you can pick up the November issue of Gamesmaster Magazine. I have also taken some images direct from the magazine, for which you can find below.

Claire Redfield will return as the playable lead and it is said that “In the time since we last saw her (Claire), she’s grown to be a seasoned veteran.”

Claire will be joined throughout the campaign with Moira Burton, daughter of the legendary Barry Burton.

The campaign will be playable in co-op or singleplayer.

When playing as Claire, her style will be more combat focused. Whereas Moira will be supplying Claire with health herbs, provided the flashlight and general support.

Claire will be the only player death that will result in a Game Over, one of Moira’s key roles will be to help keep Claire alive (though Claire can obviously heal herself).

The story will take place on an abandoned island detention facility.

The campaign will begin with Claire and Moira awakening after being abducted.

The events will take place between the events of Resident Evil 5 and Resident Evil 6.

Gameplay will be much more Survival Horror orientated (much like the first Resident Evil: Revelations), bringing the series back to its roots with less over the top action, unlike Resident Evil 5 and 6.

Fan feedback has played a part in the development of Resident Evil: Revelations 2.

Producer Okabe said that “The project has been finding the line between listening to fan feedback and also doing something different to confound expectations.”

Okabe also said that “I want this to be both a game that doesn’t lose what made its predecessor great, while also bringing something new and exciting to the Resident Evil series.” He also added that “Achieving that lofty goal by bringing together past and future will make this an itchy-tasty prospect indeed.”

Resident Evil: Revelations 2 will feature a new “Afflicted” enemy type, which “may look like zombies, but are in fact something quite different.”

The Afflicted enemy will be both fast and able to deal heavy damage to the player. It is also said that they will force the player to decide whether to take them head-on, sneak up using stealth and applying a take-down or the player can run for the hills and “preserve ammo”.

Resident Evil: Revelations 2 will run at 1080p and 60fps (for the PC and new gen versions at least).

Scans Here

Edited by Hero-of-Time