NEurope
Serebii

Pokken Tournament (Wii U Spring 2016)

Arguably it's what the Stadium games should always have been. Those fights needed to be far more interactive.

And yeah. Should just be MewTwo.

Seems there has to be a Shadow everyone these days.

No, that's not what Stadium should have been at all.

Remember, when you play Pokémon, you play as the trainer, not the Pokémon.

No, that's not what Stadium should have been at all.

Remember, when you play Pokémon, you play as the trainer, not the Pokémon.

Thanks for pointing that out to me.

Pokémon is that yes. Pokémon Stadium the spin off purely about battling your Pokémon... it would have been nice if it was way more dynamic.

Or Shadow the Hedgehog.

Pokemon and Sonic, that's a dream cross over right there. Just imagine the fan fiction that'd come out of that. Big The Cat and Machamp would make a cute couple.

Thanks for pointing that out to me.

Pokémon is that yes. Pokémon Stadium the spin off purely about battling your Pokémon... it would have been nice if it was way more dynamic.

But the point was for the battles from the GameBoy on the big screen

Yeah I think Stadium was good the way it was, it was a huge deal back then given how big Pokemon was, so to see those gameboy battles played out in 3D was awesome. If they were to have this gameplay style they'd have been better off keeping Stadium as it and releasing another game, an 64 era version of Pokken Tournament, both games could have sold quite well alongside each other I think, especially given how big Tekken was on the PlayStation at the time.

I found the stadium games boring. They were out at a time when you would watch the Pokémon running around physically interacting with one another and the environment in an arena on TV, but were just stood stationary across from one another, trading attack animations back and forth in the game. Snorlax.

I think that was in part the problem with how Stadium was made rather than the style of game it was. They could have added more life to it (eventually, obviously the early N64 ones probably couldn't push it).

It's because it was for the main series games and linking up. Completely changing the genre for that would make zero sense. Action based combat is fine for the spin-offs such as PokéPark 2 and this, but in main-series related stuff? Hell no.

Stadium was pretty much a set of challenges where you could use your trained Gameboy pokés. Considering Red/Blue looked like ass, it was a thing of wonder for many.

I would've loved it if you could control them like in Pokkén, but that was pretty impossible. A fighting game with 151 fighting styles? Yeah, that would've been a spin-off like this.

And that spinoff could've happened, Power Stone was a thing on the Dreamcast, so the Gamecube could certainly handle a similar thing with Pokémon. The N64, I have no idea.

I think even just some more animations rather than just sitting around between rounds would have been a bit more engaging.

Don't get me wrong, they were fun games but I was always doing something else while playing them.

It's because it was for the main series games and linking up. Completely changing the genre for that would make zero sense. Action based combat is fine for the spin-offs such as PokéPark 2 and this, but in main-series related stuff? Hell no.
I'd prefer to have a conversation rather than just be told I'm wrong in my thoughts on a game/series.

To be fair as a neutral it sounded like a conversation to me. No need to get a defensive, you're telling him he's wrong by saying it was boring and should've been different as much as he's saying you're wrong by Stadium was build for a specific purpose and not an action soon off.

I didn't say he was wrong. I said I found the game boring and lacking ambition, and how I'd have liked the game to have been.

There's a difference between open ended posts and ones that shut someone down.

Also, I don't care enough about the subject to get 'defensive'... merely that if I'm going to post I'd like to feel it's worthwhile.

I didn't say he was wrong. I said I found the game boring and lacking ambition, and how I'd have liked the game to have been.

There's a difference between open ended posts and ones that shut someone down.

Also, I don't care enough about the subject to get 'defensive'... merely that if I'm going to post I'd like to feel it's worthwhile.

You said it's 'what the game should have been' and gave your reasons. He said 'it's not what the game should've been' and gave his reasons... I don't understand the problem.

You know when Smash got rid of Squirtle and Ivysaur?

And people were saying that Smash 4 could use a Grass type representative to round out the starter types?

And then people started suggesting that Sceptile would work well in Smash?

uPfJAj6.jpg

sceptilepokken.jpg

Well, they were half right.

This would also confirm that Electrode and Farfetch'd are getting added as support Pokemon.

I can only assume @Serebii was too busy playing Pokemon Picross to tell us.

Edited by Glen-i

Sceptile is in this? :hehe:

Excellent news! :D

I've always adored Grass starter Pokémon so naturally I felt it was a bit cold for there to be no Grass type available in Super Smash Bros. so at least this makes up for it somewhat. : peace:

Sceptile is in this? :hehe:

Excellent news! :D

I've always adored Grass starter Pokémon so naturally I felt it was a bit cold for there to be no Grass type available in Super Smash Bros. so at least this makes up for it somewhat. : peace:

I do like Sceptile, even if it's not quite as cool and sleek as Grovyle...

If we take it's Mega form into account (Which we all know will be there), then it's also the first Dragon type rep.

EDIT: Oh wait, Mega Charizard X shows up, never mind then.

And also, hooray for more not Gen 1 Pokemon! I mean, there's freaking 6 out of 12 characters that are from Gen 1!

Now we just need some playable Pokemon from Gen 5 and 6. And no, Pikachu Libre doesn't count.

Where's my playable Krookodile, damnit!?

Edited by Glen-i

I'm disappointed Farfetch'd is just a Support

You should be thankful it's even in the damn game!

We've got enough Gen 1 Pokemon as it is.

Gen 1 is the best!

Yeah... It really isn't though.

I know "Blinded by nostalgia" is thrown around a lot, but nostalgia is always the biggest reason why anyone chooses R/B/Y as their favourite Pokemon games.

I choose them because they are the best. No nostalgia necessary.

I choose them because they are the best. No nostalgia necessary.

That reasoning sucks, back up your opinion.