NEurope
Serebii

Pokken Tournament (Wii U Spring 2016)

How long before they reveal amiibo support, and exclusive amiibo moves which you can only unlock from the arcade version? :heh:

My god, Pikachu is hilarious in this.

The fact that it's not Tekken has made interest levels skyrocket. Will be keeping a very close eye on this now.

You have no idea how amusing this quote is :heh: Pikachu's sassy head turn is actually the trademark taunt of Kazuya Mishima!

Kazuya+mishima+cabecera.png

And from what I've seen, Pikachu can use his Electric God Wind Fist attack, as well (a small, fast electric uppercut).

Pikachu has also show a couple of moves and mannerisms from Kazuya's father Heihachi, but I think that's enough Tekken for now :heh:

New Pokkén Tournament trailer shows a variety of stages and Pokémon in battle

This'll be excellent when it inevitably comes to the Wii U, if they don't release it then it's a missed opportunity, they could sell the game bundled with that arcade controller for £59.99 easily.

Add in some amiibo support, heck even a new range of them - can you imagine? :( - and it would probably do pretty well.

@Serebii, I figure you're the person to ask about this - do you know if the game is currently available for location testing anywhere in Japan or is it still tucked away behind closed doors? Cheers!

I really hope this game doesn't fall into the trap of having most of the characters be Gen 1 Pokemon. Smash Bros did that while completely ignoring gens 3 and 5 (2 as well if you don't take Pichu in Melee into account)

Almost half of the known playable characters are from that so far.

Don't get me wrong, Gengar, Machamp, even Pikachu are fine by me. But there are plenty of perfectly awesome Pokemon from the latest games to choose from.

kick_ass_krookodile_by_red_flare-d6wk9ux.png

Chesnaught.full.1607964.jpg

Sorry about the massive sizes.

@Serebii, I figure you're the person to ask about this - do you know if the game is currently available for location testing anywhere in Japan or is it still tucked away behind closed doors? Cheers!

No further location tests have been announced. Had some last week

Shouldn't really be posting this but whatever.

Weavile, Charizard revealed for Pokken Tournament

weavile-charizard-pokken-tournament.jpg

Pokkén Tournament - Weavile Revealed!

Pokkén Tournament - Charizard Revealed!

Edited by Wii
Automerged Doublepost

Don't see why you think you shouldn't be posting that. It's perfectly relevant...

Weavile is a nice choice, but anyone could have predicted Charizard.

Stop catering to the Genwunners! Get some others in there!

This is looking BAD....ASSSS!! I hope there is a little element of super-training or Pokemon style leveling up - I'll be hooked!

Pokkén Tournament - Charizard Revealed!

Haha they gave Charizard little pecs too!

The game is shaping up nicely. So far, I count 9 characters, is that right? I can see a final roster of at least 14, so we still have a few reveals ahead of us.

I'm hoping we see Starmie!

I wish Charizard was called Lizardon over here too, so much cooler. :hehe:

Sometimes, I wish the Spanish version used names different from English just so I could see names like Lizardón in a more fitting language :heh:

The game is shaping up nicely. So far, I count 9 characters, is that right? I can see a final roster of at least 14, so we still have a few reveals ahead of us.

I'm hoping we see Starmie!

Sometimes, I wish the Spanish version used names different from English just so I could see names like Lizardón in a more fitting language :heh:

This is it for the arcade version at least. It's out in two weeks.

Wait, was Blaziken ever officially revealed?

The roster has no 5th or 6th gen playable Pokemon yet, if I'm remembering correctly.

That's really lame if that's the final roster. Far too focused on Red/Blue.

Wait, was Blaziken ever officially revealed?

The roster has no 5th or 6th gen playable Pokemon yet, if I'm remembering correctly.

That's really lame if that's the final roster. Far too focused on Red/Blue.

It's a Bandai Namco game. They add new characters randomly to keep it fresh then add more to the retail version.

pokken-tournament-stream-july-16.jpg

Bandai Namco held a stream for Pokken Tournament earlier today. In about two weeks, another broadcast will be held.

We can expect the next Pokken Tournament stream at the following times on July 16:

– 2 AM PT – 3:30 AM PT

– 5 AM ET – 7:30 AM PT

– 10 AM in the UK – 12:30 PM in the UK

– 11 AM in Europe – 1:30 PM in Europe

pokken-tournament-stream-july-16.jpg

Bandai Namco held a stream for Pokken Tournament earlier today. In about two weeks, another broadcast will be held.

We can expect the next Pokken Tournament stream at the following times on July 16:

– 2 AM PT – 3:30 AM PT

– 5 AM ET – 7:30 AM PT

– 10 AM in the UK – 12:30 PM in the UK

– 11 AM in Europe – 1:30 PM in Europe

Yep. Launch day so don't expect much. That's why I didn't post about it.

Buff Charizard is such a dream boat.

I can't stop laughing at those pecs!

It's probably because of 19 years of typical Charizard design, Bandai Namco decided that it'd look better with pecs.

...Did I mention Charizard has pecs now and it is really funny?

Edited by Glen-i

I have serious doubts a home console version is coming. Have they even said? I just assumed it was an Arcade Kart situation.

I have serious doubts a home console version is coming. Have they even said? I just assumed it was an Arcade Kart situation.

Bandai Namco fighting games always come out in arcades first then get announced for home console release.

When this game was first announced, Tsunekazu Ishihara said the game is coming to arcades first, then joked that he shouldn't have said that.

The Pokkén Tournament arcade machine is powered by a controller which has a Wii U button configuration and the colours of the buttons match the SNES/N3DS