NEurope
Serebii

Pokken Tournament (Wii U Spring 2016)

Pretty sure everyone is 100% certain of that.

It's so incredibly certain, it might as well be written in all history books.

And yet rumours continue to persist

Japanese doesn't have the same pun in their language for it as we do. Shocking just means surprising

I wonder if the Japanese get electric surprises?

I'll be happy with anything but Pokemon Mystery Twattin Dungeon.

If it is that I might lash out.

Yeah it's not going to be emerald, no way at all

A new adventure maybe, mainline/spin off is the debate really

Still I'll start seasoning that Fedora just to be safe! Ketchum?Ketchup?

I'll be happy with anything but Pokemon Mystery Twattin Dungeon.

If it is that I might lash out.

stare.gif

No, it's cool. You're entitled to your opinion and all. Not everyone likes those games. Never mind that some people here might just happen to adore that series or think that one of the games (Let's say, I don't know, Explorers of Sky) is the greatest spin-off Pokemon game ever.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm updating my "Completely mental Pokemon fans on N-Europe list"

1. Serebii - For saying Grumpig is his most hated Pokemon in a world where Luvdisc exists.

2. Aneres11 - For saying that he'd rather see anything than a new Mystery Dungeon game

It's not a very long list... But then again, I haven't been here very long either.

stare.gif

No, it's cool. You're entitled to your opinion and all. Not everyone likes those games. Never mind that some people here might just happen to adore that series or think that one of the games (Let's say, I don't know, Explorers of Sky) is the greatest spin-off Pokemon game ever.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm updating my "Completely mental Pokemon fans on N-Europe list"

1. Serebii - For saying Grumpig is his most hated Pokemon in a world where Luvdisc exists.

2. Aneres11 - For saying that he'd rather see anything than a new Mystery Dungeon game

It's not a very long list... But then again, I haven't been here very long either.

I'm with Aneres11 on this one. The Mystery Dungeon games are the worst spin-offs I cover. I actually dread it whenever one is announced. The story is great, sure, but the gameplay is awful.

Yeah it's not going to be emerald, no way at all

A new adventure maybe, mainline/spin off is the debate really

Still I'll start seasoning that Fedora just to be safe! Ketchum?Ketchup?

It won't be main series. I can guarantee that :p

I'm with Aneres11 on this one. The Mystery Dungeon games are the worst spin-offs I cover. I actually dread it whenever one is announced. The story is great, sure, but the gameplay is awful.

Please tell me you forgot about Pokemon Dash. Or that you didn't cover it or something!

Yeah, it's not everyone's cup of tea. But I freaking love the gameplay!

Please tell me you forgot about Pokemon Dash. Or that you didn't cover it or something!

Yeah, it's not everyone's cup of tea. But I freaking love the gameplay!

Dash was more fun :p

Hahaha.

Sorry Glen-i. I just thought they were shite.

Pokemon spin off's are generally hit (Pokemon Snap) or miss (Pokemon Mystery Dungeon), so it can go either way!

Hahaha.

Sorry Glen-i. I just thought they were shite.

Pokemon spin off's are generally hit (Pokemon Snap) or miss (Pokemon Mystery Dungeon), so it can go either way!

Well, opinions and all that. I still maintain that not anything would be better than PMD.

But fine, I'm getting out the big guns.

Pok%C3%A9mon_Channel_Coverart.png

Let's all remember that this was a thing. Are you and Serebii saying you'd rather see another Pokemon Channel?

Well, opinions and all that. I still maintain that not anything would be better than PMD.

But fine, I'm getting out the big guns.

Pok%C3%A9mon_Channel_Coverart.png

Let's all remember that this was a thing. Are you and Serebii saying you'd rather see another Pokemon Channel?

Over another Dungeon game? Yes

Over another Dungeon game? Yes

Really!? But... Why?

FINE! I know it's a cheap WiiWare game, but surely... Surely, you can't want My Pokemon Ranch!

Really!? But... Why?

FINE! I know it's a cheap WiiWare game, but surely... Surely, you can't want My Pokemon Ranch!

More than a Dungeon game? Yes.

More than a Dungeon game? Yes.

To reiterate my previous question. Why?

I'm ridiculously curious now.

To reiterate my previous question. Why?

I'm ridiculously curious now.

The gameplay is horrific. It's just poor. You can spend an hour in a dungeon, but then lose and have nothing to show for your time.

The gameplay is horrific. It's just poor. You can spend an hour in a dungeon, but then lose and have nothing to show for your time.

Welcome to the world of roguelike games. I'm not a fan of the genre either.

Wait, what the hell is Pokken? A quick Google reveals only a trademark registration, is that all the info we have?

So you don't like Roguelikes? Understandable. PMD is considered on the more lenient side of Roguelike games as far as I know.

And I don't think I ever spent more than an hour on any one dungeon in any of the games.

OK, except the 3DS one. But that's more because of the atrocious text speed.

And I like how unforgiving it can be. I prefer it to how forgiving it is in the mainline games. Where there are almost no downsides to losing, apart from some money loss, which has been lessened recently.

The risk makes it appealing to me.

Wait, what the hell is Pokken? A quick Google reveals only a trademark registration, is that all the info we have?

Pretty much.

We had some sort of image a while back that showed 2 Pokemon in what looked to be a fighting stance. We also have the trademark. People put 2 and 2 together and figured maybe its a Pokemon fighting game, possibly being made or alongside Namco. This would explain the name with it being an amalgam of Pokemon and Tekken.

We had some sort of image a while back that showed 2 Pokemon in what looked to be a fighting stance. We also have the trademark. People put 2 and 2 together and figured maybe its a Pokemon fighting game, possibly being made or alongside Namco. This would explain the name with it being an amalgam of Pokemon and Tekken.

Ooooh...that might be cool. But surely they would keep it quiet until post-Smash?

Ooooh...that might be cool. But surely they would keep it quiet until post-Smash?

Which is why most people think it's gonna be that Pikachu detective game.

And we've come full circle!

If it is that then yeah, I would have thought they would keep quiet until Smash is out.

Which is why most people think it's gonna be that Pikachu detective game.

And we've come full circle!

Gotcha :heh: I've caught up!

I'm gonna hold out hope for the Snap sequel someone suggested the other day. It would work really well on WiiU I reckon.